FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does anyone like punk?

Marston
Just wondering if anyone here likes punk rock, and if so, what're your favourite punk bands? Personally, I like G.B.H, the Ramones, the Clash, the Sex Pistols and the Sub Humans. Very Happy
anxiety1
whta bout rancid, nofx, hardskins dead kendys!!!!!
Marston
Rancid's good (I think Tim Armstrong's a good musician). I'm not a really big NoFX fan. I've never heard of the Hardskins, but I do like the Dead Kennydeys (spelling?).
MetallianRose
I think the only Punk band I like is the Ramones and I used to like the Sex Pistols.
Caxius
me too
but i lie punk, pop punk and punk rock Wink
MetallianRose
What would a pop punk band be?...
kain
no... lol
lpbrasil
in Punk i like only Ramones, but i like the rock punk how, NFG or Blink 182
IceCameron
lpbrasil wrote:

Blink 182 is not Punk its a sin!!!!

And yes i like punk
Marston
MetallianRose wrote:
What would a pop punk band be?...
Dude, there's a tonne of legit pop punk bands, like the Descendents, Pink Grease, the Replacements and 7 Seconds...
Yantaal
lpbrasil wrote:

WTF!!!

Punk rock= Good

Blink 182= Twisted Evil

Punk= Rancid, Lars and the bastards, the ramones, the dictators, Sick of it all, Sex Pistols, the pogues so many , and you had to bring Blink 182 into it!

Greenday= Pop Punk sell outs.

I have said my bit and feel better for all of it.
Yantaal
lpbrasil wrote:

upon reading your stupid message again is NFG new found glory? coz if they are. Hell to pay.
criticaldensity
the Suicide Machines is a great punk/ska band. Their shows are wild, massive circle pits. Check them out, i highly recommend them.
Marston
Yeah, the Suicide Machines are dope.
riv_
That's funny! I love punk, and I was almost scared to look at this thread, for fear of all the "new school" Green Day, Blink 182 type fans.
But I love the Ramones, Pogues, Sex Pistols, Camper Van Beethoven... etc.
What am I listening to at this exact moment?
Handel's Messiah!
Go figure!
GranMastah
There is a wjole lot of punk bands that i am aware of, not only mainstream/mtv/popular bands. Older bands, like Ramones or GBH are indeed good even though they are selling their music (those who survived) for a lot o money. From that angle they are no different than Britney or Destiny's child. About the bands, I like PTTB, Varukers, Chaos UK, Bad religion, Good riddance, One way system, Gorilla biscuits(HC?)
rumbostotales
PUNK NOT DEAD!!!
Punk is my favourite sort of music
Marston
rumbostotales wrote:
PUNK NOT DEAD!!!
Punk is my favourite sort of music
Yeeeah! The Exploited!
H3LL5P4WN
I enjoy punk alot. Sadly, I feel that I'd get my butt handed to me if I tried to go to any of my city's local shows though, because I am not a scenester.

Last punk gig I went to was the Misfits, last month.

Question.

What would you classify 'old' AFI as (up to and maybe including The Art of Drowning), and what would you call 'new' AFI (Sing the Sorrow)?

I don't think pop punk is quite fitting for Sing the Sorrow. Pop rock maybe...

Discuss.
chefur
I love all punk rock pop punk
I like Blink 182
Sex Pistols
Iggy Pop
The offspring
The stranglers
The used
etc
elector
I like punk. I like Sex pistols, Dead Kenedyes, early Green Day. Punk is Great!
Marston
chefur wrote:
I love all punk rock pop punk
I like Blink 182
Sex Pistols
Iggy Pop
The offspring
The stranglers
The used
etc
There are so many things wrong with this post... Laughing
cinecorp
The Dead Kennedys are all I really listen to anymore. Their songs are just so intense and well written. I think Jello Biafra is a genius, he writes such evocative imagery.
Kill_em_all_666
I'm really into metal, Death, Black, Viking, Doom, Thrash, Power/Progressive and etc except Nu-metal, but I also like punk...here are some that I like. I barely listen to them anymore though cause I'm just way too drawn to Metal ^_^

Casualties, Exploited, Suicidal Tendencies, Dead kennedys, Misfits, Flogging Molly, G.B.H., D.R.I, Pennywise, NOFX, Sex Pistols, Bad Brains, Rancid, Anti-heros, AFI (yep i like em, whatcha gon do bout it?!!!), Bad Religion, Vandals...I probably left out a lot more but you get the picture.,

I was never really into the clash
riv_
What about the other classics? It seems like everyone's forgotten these guys ever existed...

Violent Femmes?
Skinny Puppy?
PWEI?
Black Flag?
Corrosion of Conformity (punk-ish)
Forgotten rebels?
Bad Brains?

Before my time even (well, some of them)... but there's nothing like going back to the source... and getting your teeth kicked in!
riv_
Or Sonic Youth?
It's like they never existed.
Except I heard someone on the radio the other day that sounded just like them. Totally ripped off some of the lyrics and the riff. Sounded awful, actually...
But I had to appreciate the gesture.
Marston
riv_ wrote:
What about the other classics? It seems like everyone's forgotten these guys ever existed...

Violent Femmes?
Skinny Puppy?
PWEI?
Black Flag?
Corrosion of Conformity (punk-ish)
Forgotten rebels?
Bad Brains?

Before my time even (well, some of them)... but there's nothing like going back to the source... and getting your teeth kicked in!
I do declare, the Bad Brains kick arse. Razz They're probably one of my favourite punk bands (at the moment).
Dragate
I dont' mind that much... I like all music and punk has it's own style (good) cuz it's pretty pumping ;P and i just like the lyrics and how everything just ties together... I find all artists are good (not all! but alot! ;p)
riv_
Marston wrote:
I do declare, the Bad Brains kick arse. Razz They're probably one of my favourite punk bands (at the moment).

Well,thank you once again! I was starting to wonder if I was out in left field again. (Left field, my usual place of residence!) I haven't listened to Bad Brains in a while, because the stereo just doesn't do them justice... Their live show KICKS!!!!!!!!
acamas
Quote:

Punk rock= Good
Blink 182= Twisted Evil

Punk= Rancid, Lars and the bastards, the ramones, the dictators, Sick of it all, Sex Pistols, the pogues so many , and you had to bring Blink 182 into it!

Greenday= Pop Punk sell outs.

I have said my bit and feel better for all of it.

Booo!!! Greenday are hell not pop punk sell oput band. What pop songs do they have that are truely pop? huh I could probaby think about maybe one that is slightly a hint of pop. Other than that I dont know what your on?
ddixon
Yuck. Who likes punk, honestly?!

I can't stand listening to their whiney b**** a** voices. Blaah.
Texas Al
I'm not afraid to admit that I like pop-punk bands. It's also fun to watch the "real" punks get all pissed off and yell "Andrew WK and Greenday are NOT PUNK!!!". They're so cute when they get their mohawks all ruffled up.
Marston
Texas Al wrote:
I'm not afraid to admit that I like pop-punk bands. It's also fun to watch the "real" punks get all pissed off and yell "Andrew WK and Greenday are NOT PUNK!!!". They're so cute when they get their mohawks all ruffled up.
Laughing

ddixon wrote:
Yuck. Who likes punk, honestly?!

I can't stand listening to their whiney b**** a** voices. Blaah.

What the hell are you talking about? Maybe you're confusing Punk with... Emo? Emocore? Screamo? Punk is usually anything BUT whiney voices...

In other words: YOU CRAZY!