FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

small problem...hope you can help

raver
here is the answer i got to a problem i have with my website:

That is taken from the server. It's called "locale". You can read a bit about the php related things with locale here.

It involves a setting/file on the server. And in e107 you call it from your main language file. The row looks like this.
setlocale(LC_ALL, 'en');

You need to replace 'en' with the something that matches your language. However, it could be that the hosting service you use doesn't have the right settings on the server for the language you use. Ask them, they will tell you.

The problem is that my website is in romanian, but everytime i post something it looks like postat de raver la Saturday 3 december . Can you help me with this?
Bondings
You most likely need to change the language settings to romanian. However, I don't know if e107 has a romanian language installed.
raver
you are right. It hasn`t. So i had to do one myself Smile
But from what i understand
It involves a setting/file on the server. And in e107 you call it from your main language file. The row looks like this.
setlocale(LC_ALL, 'en'); So i could just replace en with ro, but i think the server must support it..i don`t know what exactly is that "locale" thingye but it may be something from apache??
Bondings
raver wrote:
you are right. It hasn`t. So i had to do one myself Smile
But from what i understand
setlocale(LC_ALL, 'en'); So i could just replace en with ro, but i think the server must support it..i don`t know what exactly is that "locale" thingye but it may be something from apache??

It's probably about the charset I think. Just test it out and it should be working.
raver
i found something interesting on http://www..php.net/function.setlocale

Quote:
In most Unix/Linux system, you could use:

locale -a

This will list all available locales on the server.

so if ro appears iu will probably be able to use it...so i guess i`ll just try it, upload the new page and hope it works Smile
raver
here is something that i found on the net regarding to my problem:

On some systems (at least FreeBSD 4.x) the format for a `locale' is, for example, ro_RO.ISO8859-2. If you use ro_RO instead setlocale will return FALSE. Just browse in /usr/share/locale and see what is the name of the directory holding your `locale' and use that name in your scripts:

<?php
clearstatcache();
$pos = strrpos ($_SERVER["PHP_SELF"], "/");
$fisier = substr ($_SERVER["PHP_SELF"], $pos + 1);
$result = filemtime ($fisier);
$local = setlocale (LC_TIME, 'ro_RO.ISO8859-2');
if ($local == "ro_RO.ISO8859-2") {
$modtime = strftime '%e&nbsp;%B&nbsp;%Y&nbsp;%H:%M', $result);
} else {
$modtime = strftime ('%d.%m.%Y&nbsp;%H:%M', $result);
}
printf ("Ultima&nbsp;actualizare: %s\\n", $modtime);
?>

so i must find out what the name of the folder is so i can use it, i understand there is no direct standard for foreign languages...there is something like ro_RO.ISO8859-2 but it could be otherwise. Would it be too much of a bother to ask you to please tell me what the name is?
Thank you very much
Bondings
If this can help you, the operating system is CentOS (Red Hat). Maybe try with "ro.RO".

I really don't know anything about those 'locale' settings. Embarassed