FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which videocard should I buy?

devroom
I thinking f buying a new videocard. my pc has agp 8x. i have now an ati 9800 pro.
my budget is about the € 220.
tell which 1 would buy or i shoud wait and why
Donutey
9800 should cut it when it comes to most games, any game in particular that you can't run as well as you would like?

then you can focus on what benchmarks to pay attention to.
Hikaru7
yes, i believe 9800pro will do. i currently have a 9200se, real cheap thing, and it works, if only barely, well well on games i play. i would want something else, but its fine for now.
Pikokola
Hikaru7 wrote:
yes, i believe 9800pro will do. i currently have a 9200se, real cheap thing, and it works, if only barely, well well on games i play. i would want something else, but its fine for now.

same as you.. but I think that kind of AGP type of Video Card will not exist anymore for 2~5 years later, and the PCI Express Technology will spread out widely and be more cheaper and cheaper, if you had more budget I prefer you to get new motherboard that support PCIXpress since it's integrated VGA card had same performance with GF5+ (I'm forget about the series.. Sad)
riyadh
i agree with Pikokole. u should buy a PCi expresss card rather than waste the money on a new AGP. it will giv u better gaming performance. i've tried and beats the crap out of AGP
Natrualkiller
If i where you i would try to go with the ati x series Smile
abhinav_shah
I think you should buy PCI Express. It's performance is far better than ATI 9800 .
silli
Yup, I recomender PCI Express too.
Rotengel
From what I have read on other sites, the best AGP slot card is owned by ATI.
nVidia as move towards PCI-E based cards.

Although your budget wont get you the best AGP card out, I feel the 9800 your thinking about will do you just fine for the time being.

Im only using a ATI 9600pro and I'm still able to play games such as Battlefield 2, Quake4, F.E.A.R, and Call of Duty 2 pretty good.. So a 9800 will add better framerates.
tingkagol
I have an ATi 9600xt. I gave up upgrading simply because graphic advancement never stops- it only keeps you buying to maintain your pace with the advancing technology. It's fickle.

Playing online games usually does it for me. Quake 4's playability may last a few weeks but I could see myself playing America's Army for more than a year. So, as long as the game runs, my hardware is ok. Laughing