FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Arabian beats

Vlien
You know what bothers me these days? 75 percent of all pop songs released these days have that new kind of beat, kinda annoying, Arabian style. I remember I used to laugh at Arabian music a few years ago, saying that there was nothing worse than that and now even rappers use it, oriental effect, jeee... in times when we fear muslim terrorists, I think that's a scary evolution. Anyone else noticed this?
__MiMi
Actually, I have not noticed that until you brought it up.
Vlien
But isn't this an interesting fact then? We all talk about Arabian countries with great fear, especially American people, I may assume? So quite strangely, they are now adding Arabian effects to their music; their music, which is typically American... I don't get that, it all seems like such a contradiction to me.
Vlien
Awww come on! Somebody's got to have noticed this too!
Let me bring up this topic again Cool you need to listen to music more carefully!
supjapscrapper
Vlien wrote:
You know what bothers me these days? 75 percent of all pop songs released these days have that new kind of beat, kinda annoying, Arabian style. I remember I used to laugh at Arabian music a few years ago, saying that there was nothing worse than that and now even rappers use it, oriental effect, jeee... in times when we fear muslim terrorists, I think that's a scary evolution. Anyone else noticed this?

Many points:
1. You're the perfect type of american redneck that makes the world hate America, mainly because of the uncredibly dumb reactions of its people.
2. You fear all arabian countries???? where did you ger your education from??? which countryy did recognise the usa at first ?: Morocco , an arabian country. Where do most terroristts come from ? america?
where do mst terroristts that you can see in tv come from ? muslim countries
3 So an intelligent reaction to that would be .... TO REFUSE ANY TINY INFLUENCE OF NON-AMERICAN COUNTRIES !!!!!! how smart and visionnairy !!!! you're even better that goerges bush man Very Happy
4. There is NO AMEROCAN MUSIC!!!!! averything is business and they make the kinda music you wanna buy!! that's as easy as that! Arabian countries have a millenary culture and an own musicla culture.I Have some american friends here in Germany that study arts, languages, history or music, and everytime they hear such comments as yours they wann commit suicide. Don't you find it alarming there are more and morepeople with homophobic ieas like you????
I find country music really sucks but I've never said ... shi**** these americans movies are such garbage .... That's exactly like what you've just said ...
supjapscrapper
Vlien wrote:

Many points:
1. You're the perfect type of american redneck that makes the world hate America, mainly because of the uncredibly dumb reactions of its people.
2. You fear all arabian countries???? where did you ger your education from??? which countryy did recognise the usa at first ?: Morocco , an arabian country. Where do most terroristts come from ? america?
supjapscrapper
3 So an intelligent reaction to that would be .... TO REFUSE ANY TINY INFLUENCE OF NON-AMERICAN COUNTRIES !!!!!! how smart and visionnairy !!!! you're even better that goerges bush man Very Happy
4. There is NO AMEROCAN MUSIC!!!!! averything is business and they make the kinda music you wanna buy!! that's as easy as that! Arabian countries have a millenary culture and an own musicla culture.I Have some american friends here in Germany that study arts, languages, history or music, and everytime they hear such comments as yours they wann commit suicide. Don't you find it alarming there are more and morepeople with homophobic ieas like you????
I find country music really sucks but I've never said ... shi**** these americans movies are such garbage .... That's exactly like what you've just said ...
frozenhead
__MiMi wrote:
Actually, I have not noticed that until you brought it up.

Yeah, me too! Well.. It sounds like a prayer for me (like a hypnotizer) though, I don't mean I'm against to it. Wink
Vlien
supjapscrapper wrote:
Vlien wrote:

Many points:

Usually I don't quote large pieces of text, but at what you wrote here, I can't tell you: my heart was beating at top-speed!
What do you actually think you were saying?? I never said, I repeat, NEVER said, that I myself fear these countries!

The one and only simple statement I was trying to make was purely that 'black music' is blending itself with Arabian influences, which I think is weird - thinking of all the fuss around 9/11 and the Middle East and stuff, that although lots of American people (I did NOT say you!) are scared, music is getting multicultural (especially with these Arabian tunes). See, that was all I wanted to say.

But calling me "worse than Bush", a homophobic, I don't know, but that sounds really far-fetched! You don't always have to argue, or find very deep motives in other peoples texts. There weren't any other than the simple conclusion of mixed music. That's it.
2003m3
I do not have a clue of what you are talking about. Can you give an example of a specific song?

Ona broader note, if an Arab band wrote a song I liked, I would listen to it whether it was written by moslems or not. Come on, lighten up.