FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anime/Manga

kuroneko
I absolutely love anime and manga....and was just wondering if anyone else around here likes it too...
Eyre
i read Love Hina, that's about the only manga or anime i've seen/watched.
elekis
my best manga, akira.
my best anime cowboy bebop

I actually ( in the same time I write this lines) looking Serial Experimental lain. I projet to see (or to read I dunno) Love Hina , and escaflown

In manga I ve just tried "seduction" it's very special but good.

a++
Cream
I like anime but I haven't watched a lot of seres because they are expensive here. I am watching trigun at the moment and its good.
Aki
I love anime and manga! I haven't manage to watch too many series but I have watched a bit of this and a bit of that. I usually watch streams off winamp or burrow it from friends.
myrevolt
i need to buy "Nana" volume 1 for a holiday gift....anyone know any good places to buy manga?
Neo7
I love the series Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure.

I wish G4 would reshow it soon.
valkyrie-heavens
I love anime. Im in starting to get into Manga. I just startied adding manga to my website.
EVILSKAAP
ANIME IS WICKED! My friends introduced me to it and more recently to manga, in the form of love hina. Ghost in the shell is very good, has anyone seen it? Naruto is also a must for anyone!
summer-sensation
myrevolt wrote:
i need to buy "Nana" volume 1 for a holiday gift....anyone know any good places to buy manga?

I depends on where yo live. I usually go to Waldens Bookstore because of their amazing selection. Or you could go to Border's Bookstore or Barnes and Noble. I haven't actually seen the manga to that, although it does appear in Shoujo Beat which is a magazine with a collection of manga. Shoujo Beat is a lot like Shounen Jump, only...Shoujo.
summer-sensation
I fisrt got into anime with Sailor Moon. It kinda spread from there. My fav. anime are Trigun, Samurai Champloo, and Peacemaker. And my fav. manga are Hana Kimi (so good!!), DN Angel, and anything by the author of Yuu Watase (Ayashi No Ceres, Imadoki, Alice 19th, Absolute Boyfriend, etc.)

*sigh* I gave away all my Sailor Moon manga. I'm so sad. I miss them sooo much. Oh! The manga is soooo much better than the anime. I can't even watch the anime anymore 'cause it's so pathetic. Sorry if I offended anyone.

I can't stand inuyasha or One Piece either.
izimngcubes15
me too, i love watching inuyasha, my favorite anime! so cool!

i hate when people thinks its only for losers
Lisianthus
hehe i love anime n manga too Razz i have watched over 1000 episodes of anime. and the anime i like the most atm is:
black cat and bleach
best manga at the moment : black cat Very Happy
Hanpusu-kun
I've been into Manga/Anime for a couple years now.
My absolute favorite is Fullmetal Alchemist.
A touching story and a good character gallery.

Im going to a festival tomorrow where it will be lots of Anime and other stuff.
karysky
Actually, I hate manga.

But I respect those who love it. I know many people who enjoy them!

The important in life is having passions, manga or not!
olah
I hate manga and anime! It looks kind of cool (when you get past the fact the face and often the body is wildly out of proportion) but I always find anime stories to be either convulted and overly-dramatic (Vampire Hunter D) or cutesy and contrived (anything by Studio Ghibli).

But if you like it, hey, I can understand why.
Revvion
I love it, for anime give me Ghost in the shell or Full metal panic anytime Razz
and manga i got over 40 GB of it but my favorites are Ichigo 100%, Tsubana reservoir chronicles and Black Cat.
funkjunky
Cowboy bebop is VERY good anime I watched the 3 series in a week, incredible stuff.

Can anyone recommend any other anime who liked that?

I watched 1st 10 episodes of naruto, good fun lots of strange lessons, but pretty compelling.

Ghost in the shell is amazing, but haven't been able to get sequel yet, whats it like?
finding_primo
Erm... I don't know if this is relevant, but I like manga pr0n Embarassed I'm sorry, it's just fun to look at. ^_^
jongoldsz
I love anime, my favorite show is Naruto.
[FuN]goku
anime and manga is good Very Happy
soulman
yeah, I am a big fan of anime and comic too~~
Monkeydog
Eyre wrote:
i read Love Hina, that's about the only manga or anime i've seen/watched.

Negima>>>>>>>>>Love Hina

Yeah I watch anime and manga, I don't read a lot of manga though. Too much money, and too hard to look for illegaly. xD

I love Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Negima, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, Fullmetal Alchemist, Detective Conan/Case Closed, Princess Monoke, Spirted Away....
OnlyOneLife
I'm going to watch some Naruto Right NOw!!! But My friend is the most crazy anime person ever, he watches like a series a day.
dhawal
Naruto is the only Anime whichI can bear to watch.
Eyanir100
i like drgon ball z
PatTheGreat42
My sister reads Manga. I hate the stuff. Why can't they just publish books the right way?
M-Allcock
PatTheGreat42 wrote:
My sister reads Manga. I hate the stuff. Why can't they just publish books the right way?

Because otherwise it is unauthentic. Doesn't seem to matter that the fact its all written in English as opposed to Japanese makes it 'unauthentic' anyhow...
hennesycognac
Anime is gay. Manga is gay. Japanese people are retarded. And none of you will ever get laid.
Shade of Blue
I've never really understood the point of Anime and similar things.

It's not really anything especially good......they don't look like people.

Well, whatever. To each his/her own.
Neo7
Anime is like cartoons for adults. I like them a lot.

Bigger plot twists, major characters, more realistic, ect.
kuroneko
most anime, unlike cartoons, actually have a plotline...and the art's way better

fav anime:
Trinity Blood
Fullmetal-Alchemist
Tsubasa Chronicle

fav manga:
Fruits Basket
Tsubasa Chronicle
Kadomo no Omocha
Pita-Ten
decard cain
hennesycognac wrote:
Anime is gay. Manga is gay. Japanese people are retarded. And none of you will ever get laid.

There was no need for that, some people like anime and manga , some don't. japanese people just have different things(like its where anime, manga, advanced tech come from there)
anyway, i'm on the samurai deeper series(my nan saw a deal in waterstones, she got samurai deeper 1&2 and warcraft dragon hunt)
Aimewitue
summer-sensation wrote:

*sigh* I gave away all my Sailor Moon manga. I'm so sad. I miss them sooo much. Oh! The manga is soooo much better than the anime. I can't even watch the anime anymore 'cause it's so pathetic. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Lmao Laughing Laughing Laughing i agree too.the anime version is pathetic,the manga is so different ,so adult
paradox
Ya i like so anime but i have to say my favorate is GalForce. Great anime. I also like hacksign and a few others. None of my friends watch so it is kinda hard to fins somthing i like
TeK
Oh man, do I love anime and manga. Personally I prefer the manga over the anime in most cases but anime is still awesome. My current fav. is Shakugan no Shana, series is awesome with great characters. the bleach manga is pretty tight as well, so is One Piece. And I can't talk about anime without mentioning Mai HiME, man did I love that series and its AU sequel Mai Otome.
thiamshui
i don't really like anime.. i lead a boring life.. Sad don't really watch cartoons and anime..

this thread should be in the anime forum btw..
karrupin
I'm an anime & manga fanatics, and I don't care if people call me freaks or dork, Very Happy
I loooooooooooooooooooooove anime & manga! Razz
ryokook
l like GTO... very fun Very Happy
ryokook
ALL OF ANIME L LIKE IT Very Happy
CMA
hennesycognac wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you, but you're wrong... since my girlfriend also watches anime Rolling Eyes

Back on topic... Big fan here. I like to call myself an anime collector, since I tend to get more anime than I can watch... Currently my collection is reaching different 150 titles.
Mememe
hennesycognac wrote:

Nope, you are wrong. You're probably the retarded one here.

Anyway, I like Anime more than Manga, but I tend to read Manga when I'm waiting for the next episode of Bleach or something, or when I can't wait to see what happens next.
zanzou
As a random note: a great way to get people into anime/manga who think it's lame is to show them a really good anime movie. I highly recommend Paprika, Tokyo Godfathers, or anything by Miyazaki, especially Grave of the Fireflies.
aaron552
Anime is what kept me sane during the lead-up to my exams last year...

I remember I was watching naruto (from episode 1, first time) and I was at episode 200 by the end of my exams

Anyways, at the moment I'm watching Aria, The Animation. It's the most eventless (is that a word, if it isn't, it means "nothing happens") series I've seen but it's not boring at all... now i know that "kishi" (or something like that) means "Not allowed".

and frogs say "kero" in japan, cats say "nyu" or "nya" and pigs say "pwe"

that's some of the japanese i've learned from watching anime... lol