FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Tips on getting Members

Simulator
Hi, I was just wondering if ye guys had any tips on getting members from my site, thanks, any other tips will help too.

www.simandsim.com
wumingsden
Ok, these tips are for people that have made their own forum, (for example use FriHost as a host for your forum).

I would add the "Cash" mod (fount here: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=94055

This allows users to recieve "Cash" for every post/topic/reply they make (Although after 10 posts you will stop recieveing points - to stop spam)

Because of this I would also add a "marketplace", where people can buy/sell things like designs/forums/domains, etc.

I would also make most places only registered users (or all places) so they have to register in able to post a message.
Simulator
wumingsden wrote:
Ok, these tips are for people that have made their own forum, (for example use FriHost as a host for your forum).

I would add the "Cash" mod (fount here: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=94055

This allows users to recieve "Cash" for every post/topic/reply they make (Although after 10 posts you will stop recieveing points - to stop spam)

Because of this I would also add a "marketplace", where people can buy/sell things like designs/forums/domains, etc.

I would also make most places only registered users (or all places) so they have to register in able to post a message.

Thanks for the help and all.... but that helps me in no way...... Have you been to my site?
ml
the first point for getting members is: "have some interesting content"
well, i guess your content is quite interesting

second: "get popular in google"
try to get to the top10 in google for your keywords (in your case: free blog)
impossible?

this leads directly to point 3:
dont offer something, many others already have. do something extraordinary
shabda
Well said ML.
But the most important obviously is get unique and good content.
Offering free blogs is not. Hey a million other guys do it.
Simulator
shabda wrote:
Well said ML.
But the most important obviously is get unique and good content.
Offering free blogs is not. Hey a million other guys do it.

Well its not meant to be a free blog service, well it wasn’t originally, it was meant to be a site for people who make stuff…. Like photoshop wizards or something….. but it didn’t take off… Any idea how I could put that back on track.. Its like a community of graphic artists or film editors, or writers etc.
Marston
Give your members incentive to join. Why should they join Sim and Sim? What sets it from other free blog providers, forums, and image hosts? It's usually a good idea to establish this on the front page.
Simulator
Marston wrote:
Give your members incentive to join. Why should they join Sim and Sim? What sets it from other free blog providers, forums, and image hosts? It's usually a good idea to establish this on the front page.

Hmm.... well what do we give.... Video Hosting, Picture Galleries and Blogs..... do you know anyother Blog host that gives Video hosting and picture galleries, and tutorials
Marston
Not that I can think of. I'm just giving advice, man.
Simulator
Marston wrote:
Not that I can think of. I'm just giving advice, man.

I have no Idea what you mean by the second part of your post, anyhoo....

I see, so if I "brag" about our Video Upload and Picture Galleries, that will get me members..... i see.....
Marston
.. No. I'm saying that you should stress the reasons why people should join your site.