FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

devil's rejects: chinese, japanese ...

ml
hi,

what does the sentence 'Chinese, Japanese, dirty knees, look at these!' mean?
in the film baby says it while torturing the four guys in the motel.

greets, martin
bewald
It doesn't really mean anything, it is one of those wonderful little tortorous chants that school children taunt each other with.

Mostly little boys would yell it to little girls making fun of their someday soon growing boobies Wink
ml
thanks for your answer
pudovkin
Rob Zombie is insane.
Or a genius?! Smile
indeedwrestling
This movie was a sequel in name only. It's really a completely different theme and the characters are similar but really seem drawn from a separate batch of emotions than in the gorey "House of 1000 Corpses". If the first film was a homage to Horror Movies (like Carinival of Death, for instance) then this film is really a tribute to 70s Retribution Films. Rob Zombie loves mustaches. He loves campy schtick. But he also enjoys telling a creepy story where the evilest people are still balanced between trying to escape and you, the viewer, for some reason rooting for them. Very interesting stuff! Ebert gave a 3 star review and I instantly saw why. Yes, it's a disgusting and at times, disturbing film. But it's also a fun flashback to a certain style and era of movie-making that Zombie remembers quite fondly.
ml
pudovkin wrote:
... insane ... or a genius?

why is it always 'or'. why is it: "the film was good but brutal"
why isnt it "the film was good and brutal"
skandoluzz
rob zombie i think is bi-polar... only because he is so dam smart and educated, he creates the craziest kinds of movies.

But, besides that, theres no doubt in my mind he is a genius
pudovkin
ml wrote:
pudovkin wrote:
... insane ... or a genius?

why is it always 'or'. why is it: "the film was good but brutal"
why isnt it "the film was good and brutal"

Wait, wait! I don't put this as opposite! But as very different things! Very Happy
todabeat
i still havent seen it. it sound just delicious. Can't wait to see this movie... is it out on DVD yet?