FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Oh, the evil that Bush has done to this world...

S3nd K3ys
Here's the dirty laundry list of his accomplishments:

Budget, Taxes & Economy

1. Signed two income tax cuts, one of which was the largest dollar-value tax cut in world history.

2. Supports permanent elimination of the death tax.

3. Turned around an inherited economy that was in recession, and deeply shocked as a result of the 9/11 attacks.

4. Is seeking legislation to amend the Constitution to give the president line-item veto authority.

5. In process of permanently eliminating IRS marriage penalty.

6. Increased small business incentives to expand and to hire new people.

7. Initiated discussion on privatizing Social Security and individual investment accounts.

8. Killed Clinton's "ergonomic" rules that OSHA was about to implement; rules would have shut down every home business in America.

9. Passed tough new laws to hold corporate criminals to account as a result of corporate scandals.

10. Reduced taxes on dividends and capital gains.

11. Signed trade promotion authority.

12. Reduced and is working to ultimately eliminate the estate tax for family farms and ranches.

13. Fight Europe's ban on importing biotech crops from the United States.

14. Exempt food from unilateral trade sanctions and embargoes.

15. Provided $20 million to states to help people with disabilities work from home.

16. Created a fund to encourage technologies that help the disabled.

17. Increased the annual contribution limit on Education IRA's from $500 to $2,000 per child.

18. Make permanent the $5,000 adoption tax credit and provide $1 billion over five years to increase the credit to $10,000.

19. Grant a complete tax exemption for prepaid or college tuition savings plans.

20. Reduced H1B visas from a high of 195,000 per year to 66,000 per year.

21. Nationwide unemployment rate is lower now than it was when Clinton left office. It is approximately 5.1%, as opposed to the 5.6% Bush inherited from Clinton (still a national low), despite a war, and several major disasters, to include 9/11, which threatened the stability of America's ecnomy.

Education & Employment Training

1. Signed the No Child Left Behind Act, delivering the most dramatic education reforms in a generation (challenging the soft bigotry of low expectations). The very liberal California Teachers union is currently running radio ads against the accountability provisions of this Act.

2. Announced "Jobs for the 21st Century," a comprehensive plan to better prepare workers for jobs in the new millennium by strengthening post-secondary education and job training, and by improving high school education.

3. Is working to provide vouchers to low-income students in persistently failing schools to help with costs of attending private schools. (Blocked in the Senate.)

4. Requires annual reading and math tests in grades three through eight.

5. Requires states to participate in the National Assessment of Education Progress, or an equivalent program, to establish a national benchmark for academic performance.

6. Requires school-by-school accountability report cards.

7. Established a $2.4 billion fund to help states implement teacher accountability systems.

8. Increased funding for the Troops-to-Teachers program, which recruits former military personnel to become teachers.

Environment and Energy

1. Killed the Kyoto Global Warming Treaty.

2. Submitted a comprehensive Energy Plan (awaits Congressional action). The plan works to develop cleaner technology, produce more natural gas here at home, make America less dependent on foreign sources of energy, improve national grid, etc.

3. Established a $10 million grant program to promote private conservation initiatives.

4. Significantly eased field-testing controls of genetically engineered crops.

5. Changed parts of the Forestry Management Act to allow necessary cleanup of the national forests in order to reduce fire danger.

6. Part of national forests cleanup: Restricted judicial challenges (based on the Endangered Species Act and other challenges), and removed the need for an Environmental Impact Statement before removing fuels/logging to reduce fire danger.

7. Killed Clinton's CO2 rules that were choking off all of the electricity surplus to California.

8. Provided matching grants for state programs that help private landowners protect rare species.

Government Reform

1. Improved government efficiency by putting hundreds of thousands of jobs put up for bid. This weakens public-sector unions and cuts undeserved pay raises.

2. Initiated review of all federal agencies with the goal of eliminating federal jobs (completed September 2003) in an effort to reduce the size of the federal government while increasing private sector jobs.

3. Led the most extensive reorganization the Federal bureaucracy in over 50 years: After 9/11, condensed 20+ overlapping agencies and their intelligence sectors into one agency, the Department of Homeland Security.*

4. Ordered each agency to draft a five-year plan to restructure itself, with fewer managers.

5. Converted federal service contracts to performance-based contracts wherever possible so that the contractor has measurable performance goals.

Homeland Security, Border Enforcement & Immigration

1. *See Government Reform above. Under President Bush's leadership, America has made an unprecedented commitment to homeland security.

2. Has CONSTRUCTION in process on the first 10 ABM silos in Alaska so that America will have a defense against North Korean nukes. Has ordered national and theater ballistic missile defenses to be deployed by 2004.

3. Announced a 9.7% increase in government-wide homeland security funding in his FY 2005 budget, nearly tripling the FY 2001 levels (excluding the Department of Defense and Project BioShield).

4. Before DHS was created, there were inspectors from three different agencies of the Federal Government and Border Patrol officers protecting our borders. Through DHS, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) now consolidates all border activities into a single agency to create "one face at the border." This not only better secures the borders of the United States, but it also eliminates many of the inefficiencies that occurred under the old system. With over 18,000 CBP inspectors and 11,000 Border Patrol agents, CBP has 29,000 uniformed officers on our borders.

5. The Border Patrol is continuing installation of monitoring devices along the borders to detect illegal activity.

6. Launched Operation Tarmac to investigate businesses and workers in the secure areas of domestic airports and ensure immigration law compliance. Since 9/11, DHS has audited 3,640 businesses, examined 259,037 employee records, arrested 1,030 unauthorized workers, and participated in the criminal indictment of 774 individuals.

7. Since September 11, 2001, the Coast Guard has conducted more than 124,000 port security patrols, 13,000 air patrols, boarded more than 92,000 vessels, interdicted over 14,000 individuals attempting to enter the United States illegally, and created and maintained more than 90 Maritime Security Zones.

8. Announced the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), an internet-based system that is improving America's ability to track and monitor foreign students and exchange visitors. Over 870,000 students are registered in SEVIS. Of 285 completed field investigations, 71 aliens were arrested.

9. This week, the US-VISIT program began to digitally collect biometric identifiers to record the entry and exit of aliens who travel into the U.S on a visa. Together with the standard information, this new program will confirm compliance with visa and immigration policies.

10. Eliminated INS bureaucratic redundancies and lack of accountability.

11. Split the Immigration and Naturalization Service into two agencies: one to protect the border and interior, the other to deal with naturalization.

12. Signed the workplace verification bill to prevent hiring of illegal aliens.

13. Established a six-month deadline for processing immigration applications.

14. Information regarding nearly 100% of all containerized cargo is carefully screened by DHS before it arrives in the United States. Higher risk shipments are physically inspected for terrorist weapons and contraband prior to being released from the port of entry. Advanced technologies are being deployed to identify warning signs of chemical, biological, or radiological attacks. Since September 11, 2001, hundreds of thousands of first responders across America have been trained to recognize and respond to the effects of a WMD attack.

Traditional Values, Compassion & Volunteerism

1. Endorses and promotes "The Responsibility Era." President Bush often speaks of the necessity of personal responsibility and civic volunteerism. He said, "In a compassionate society, people respect one another and take responsibility for the decisions they make in life. My hope is to change the culture from one that has said, if it feels good, do it; if you've got a problem, blame somebody else — to one in which every single American understands that he or she is responsible for the decisions that you make; you're responsible for loving your children with all your heart and all your soul; you're responsible for being involved with the quality of the education of your children; you're responsible for making sure the community in which you live is safe; you're responsible for loving your neighbor, just like you would like to be loved yourself."

2. Started the USA Freedom Corps, the most comprehensive clearinghouse of volunteer opportunities ever offered. For the first time in history, Americans can enter geographic information about where they want to get involved, such as state or zip code, as well as areas of interest ranging from education to the environment, and they can access volunteer opportunities offered by more than 50,000 organizations across the country and around the world.

3. Established the The White House Office and the Centers for the Faith-Based and Community Initiative — located in seven Federal agencies. The faith-based initiative supports the essential work of these important organizations. The goal is to make sure that grassroots leaders can compete on an equal footing for federal dollars, receive greater private support, and face fewer bureaucratic barriers. Work focuses on at-risk youth, ex-offenders, the homeless and hungry, substance abusers, those with HIV/AIDS, and welfare-to-work families.

4. The White House released a guidebook fully describing the Administration's belief that faith-based groups have a Constitutionally-protected right to maintain their religious identity through hiring — even when Federal funds are involved.

5. Issued an EO implementing the Supreme Court's Olmstead ruling, which requires moving disabled people from institutions to community-based facilities when possible.

6. Increased funding for low-interest loan programs to help people with disabilities purchase devices to assist them.

7. Revised the Department of Housing and Urban Development's Section 8 rent subsidies to disabled people, permitting them to use up to a year's worth of vouchers to finance down payments on homes. HUD has started pilot programs in 11 states.

8. Committed US funds to purchase medicine for millions of men, women and children now suffering with AIDS in Africa.

9. Heeding the words of our own Declaration of Independence, the president laid out the non-negotiable demands of human dignity for all people everywhere. On January 29, 2002, he said, "No nation owns these aspirations, and no nation is exempt from them. We have no intention of imposing our culture. But America will always stand firm for the non-negotiable demands of human dignity." As stated by the President, they are a virtual manifesto of conservative principles:

Equal Justice

Freedom of Speech

Limited Government Power

Private Property Rights

Religious Tolerance

Respect for Women

Rule of Law

Yeah, Bush is such a bad president. Everything he's done (according to the left) is bad.
izcool
Wow that was a long post. I can agree with you that a majority of them are pretty bad things that he's done to this country, only a few which I find alright.

- Mike.
speedlikecy
so....
what can we do?
hooloovoo
What can we do??? If everyone relized all the bad that Bush has done to this world, we could possibly get him impeached. He has commited war crimes after all, even if he was able to worm his way out of them. Most of all we cant just sit around doing nothing. If you want to help get out there and protest, support or created programs to help victims of the Iraq war.
albert
I'm glad that I'm living in Hong Kong.

And I think Bush is a RUBBISH!
He always makes the war, attack other poor countries......
And this is not helping the USA!

He is a BIG RUBBISH in the world.
We can live without him.
tribe
Screw you BUSH HATERS. 3 MORE YEARS BABY! My state got Bush 4 more years and my grassroots effort for voters for Bush was successful..

O-H-I-O...

President George W. Bush is seen in the Rose Garden of the White House, Friday, Dec. 2, 2005, as he speaks on the growth of the economy with news of 215,000 jobs added for the month of November and third-quarter growth this year was 4.3 percent. White House photo by Paul Morse
shabda
Somethings you forgot to mention sendkeys.
1. Commiting warcrimes.
2. Starting a war which resulted in loss of 2000+ american lives and 20000 iraqis. Figs might be wrong, just a ballpark.
3. Turning world opinion against USA.
But then thats just collateral damage in saving his presidency. Accepatble risks, wont you say?[/quote]
tribetalk
Why do so many people hate George Bush? I mean the economy is at a 4.5 year high; we are winning the war on terror whether you like it or not....

I hate to see so many people hating him anyways. He may have screwed up here or there but all around he has done a pretty damn good job to help the USA.

And if you think John Kerry would do better; I am sorry you have problems. He is the biggest hyprocrite to run for president in a long time

And 3 more years left.... So not much more you can say but the GOP Looks to be having some great candidates in 08 vs. Hillary.

RUDY>HILLARY
FRIST>HILLARY
GOP> HILLARY

psycosquirrel
I actually support a lot of the decisions he has made, but I am republican and you are democratic... I agree with you that Bush is a bad president, but Kerry would have been just as bad, if not worse. Its not like Bush had control over all the bad stuff from the past few years...
izcool
tribe wrote:
Screw you BUSH HATERS. 3 MORE YEARS BABY! My state got Bush 4 more years and my grassroots effort for voters for Bush was successful..

O-H-I-O...

President George W. Bush is seen in the Rose Garden of the White House, Friday, Dec. 2, 2005, as he speaks on the growth of the economy with news of 215,000 jobs added for the month of November and third-quarter growth this year was 4.3 percent. White House photo by Paul Morse

Sorry, I couldn't resist this photo :

- Mike.
CECIL MACLEOD
I am a Canadian who married and American. We moved here despite winters and all other things people don't like about canada because its simply said a SAFER and BETTER place to raise a family. I don't agree with the way Bush did things in Iraq, but it was inevitable. I do wishhe had of waited for UN Approval, would have helped with world wide views of the USofA.
smokey4life
I can deffinately agree with most of those topics discussed above however i dont agree with all of them.

Either way you cut it Bush sure did screw things up....
zoombinimatt
i dont get it... is this for or against bush?
vinodmishra
Either Bush (Sr. or Jr.), both are warmongers. Iraq war was waged without any reason. I mean they had no weapons of mass destruction or anything like that. Besides the biggest problem has been that the image of US has taken a hit in Asian countries (including non-islamic).
whplace
Bush........ The most talked subjects nowadays.

He is neither good nor bad...... Just doing his job as a president. I personally dont like him cuz they say it was all his fault and yeah this thread says more but you've got to learn to live with it.

He did a lot of war crimes that no one likes........ But we dont know who's side justice is. Is it Bush the wrongdoer or is the things he is doing right????
coker
Tnx God we don´t know everything that he has done in theese wars Confused
S3nd K3ys
izcool wrote:
Wow that was a long post. I can agree with you that a majority of them are pretty bad things that he's done to this country, only a few which I find alright.

- Mike.

Bad things? LMAO!!

shabda wrote:
Somethings you forgot to mention sendkeys.
1. Commiting warcrimes.
2. Starting a war which resulted in loss of 2000+ american lives and 20000 iraqis. Figs might be wrong, just a ballpark.
3. Turning world opinion against USA.
But then thats just collateral damage in saving his presidency. Accepatble risks, wont you say?

1) I didn't mention them because I have yet to see any proof of war crimes. I've heard dozens of accusations by people that supported the war before they didn't. And I've seen many people that claim he 'lied' who themselves lied trying to make it seem like Bush lied.

2) Bush didn't start that war, per-say. Clinton did.

http://www.library.cornell.edu/colldev/mideast/libera.htm

Quote:
The Iraq Liberation Act

October 31, 1998

STATEMENT BY THE PRESIDENT

THE WHITE HOUSE

Office of the Press Secretary

For Immediate Release

October 31, 1998

Let me be clear on what the U.S. objectives are: The United States wants Iraq to rejoin the family of nations as a freedom-loving and law-abiding member. This is in our interest and that of our allies within the region.

The United States favors an Iraq that offers its people freedom at home. I categorically reject arguments that this is unattainable due to Iraq's history or its ethnic or sectarian make-up. Iraqis deserve and desire freedom like everyone else. The United States looks forward to a democratically supported regime that would permit us to enter into a dialogue leading to the reintegration of Iraq into normal international life.

My Administration has pursued, and will continue to pursue, these objectives through active application of all relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions. The evidence is overwhelming that such changes will not happen under the current Iraq leadership.

In the meantime, while the United States continues to look to the Security Council's efforts to keep the current regime's behavior in check, we look forward to new leadership in Iraq that has the support of the Iraqi people. The United States is providing support to opposition groups from all sectors of the Iraqi community that could lead to a popularly supported government.

3) Bush didn't do that. The media did. Wink

zoombinimatt wrote:
i dont get it... is this for or against bush?

You didn't read my post, did you? It's a list of positive things Bush has done.
shabda
Quote:
I didn't mention them because I have yet to see any proof of war crimes.

And you are yet to see the proof that earth is round, right?
Quote:
2) Bush didn't start that war, per-say. Clinton did.

per-se Even clinton dindnot, bush senior did, but thats not relevant. Bush got into a meaningless war, which ultimately proved futile.
Quote:
3) Bush didn't do that. The media did.

Unfortunately, the media is not yet blinded by Bush's PR machinery. So you gotta live wityh it.
elekis
just for the pleasier, and to wontinue all post about bush and politic america

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/7137

ps it's french and I think it's true
djcaution
Top 10 Dumb Things Bush Said in 2004

#10: "I want you to know. Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me." -Nashville, Tenn., May 27, 2004

#9: "Then you wake up at the high school level and find out that the illiteracy level of our children are appalling." -Washington, D.C., Jan. 23, 2004

#8: "Free societies are hopeful societies. And free societies will be allies against these hateful few who have no conscience, who kill at the whim of a hat." -Washington, D.C., Sept. 17, 2004

#7: "I want to thank the astronauts who are with us, the courageous spacial entrepreneurs who set such a wonderful example for the young of our country." -Washington, D.C. Jan. 14, 2004

#6: "We will make sure our troops have all that is necessary to complete their missions. That's why I went to the Congress last September and proposed fundamental - supplemental funding, which is money for armor and body parts and ammunition and fuel." -Erie, Pa., Sept. 4, 2004

#5: "After standing on the stage, after the debates, I made it very plain, we will not have an all-volunteer army. And yet, this week - we will have an all-volunteer army!" -Daytona Beach, Fla., Oct. 16, 2004

#4: "Tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign. I mean, you're a - you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." -Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2004

#3: "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." -second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004

#2: "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." -Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

#1: "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." -Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

The last one speaks for itself.
Rotengel
Heh, its funny that Bush doesn't think out what he says before he says it, but I do feel that there is some genuine good behind what he says, even if it isn't spoken correctly.

I feel people look at this and make their assumptions that he is a bad president or perhaps he doesn't know what he is doing. It certainly looks that way when you only look at that, but anyone that looks at his actions know that he isn't completely useless.
dragonflame
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Here's the dirty laundry list of his accomplishments:
8. Killed Clinton's "ergonomic" rules that OSHA was about to implement; rules would have shut down every home business in America.

arguments like this raises a red flag for me, and stops me from reading.
schudder
Man, I sure do love those Bush quotes, they crack me up every time Razz
Anyway, it's true, the US has a VERY bad reputation overseas. And I don't just mean in Arab countries, even in Western-Europe (and not just France) the US is a country everyone loves to hate. Let me tell you, it wasn't like that before Bush's so-called "election" (I mean, we all know Gore won).

And sure, he's done some good things as well (you do need some basis for "re-election"), though I don't see how things like "killing the Kyoto protocol" and "privatising social security" are good things. Unless you like buttf***ing the poor and the environment, of course.
3shades
speedlikecy wrote:
so....
what can we do?

dont vote him into office!!

and if you dont live in the US do everything you can to persuade people in the US not to vote his party!
mceejaydee
Wow that's alot!!!!! Well sometimes he does the right thing but still. I think that sending troops to Iraq to look for weapons of mass destruction is the most stupidest thing he's done. C'mon now!!! He sent people there to die for no reason. So very very stupid....
izcool
S3nd K3ys wrote:
izcool wrote:

- Mike.

Bad things? LMAO!!

S3nd K3ys wrote:
You didn't read my post, did you? It's a list of positive things Bush has done.

Uh, well, blowing trillions of dollars (just a figure) on a lot of useless stuff (in my opinion) that you mentioned in your thread makes me think that he's messing up America. Just take a look at http://www.costofwar.com/ that site is a rough estimate on how much is spent on the current war. And take a look at http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/ that's the current National Debt for the United States (refresh for the changes). Bill Clinton did a lot on lowering the debt, and Bush brought right back up. To you, they may be positive things, but to me they're a lot of negative things. And why would you use the word evil in the title of a thread that's supposed to be positive ? Think about it. We all have different opinions.

- Mike.
shabda
Quote:
dont vote him into office!!

He cant be voted again man. He already has cpomleted his two terms and done all the damage he could.
Yeah one thing which I like about him is the funny things he says, unintetionally. They make my day.
S3nd K3ys
izcool wrote:

Uh, well, blowing trillions of dollars (just a figure) on a lot of useless stuff (in my opinion) that you mentioned in your thread makes me think that he's messing up America. Just take a look at http://www.costofwar.com/ that site is a rough estimate on how much is spent on the current war. And take a look at http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/ that's the current National Debt for the United States (refresh for the changes). Bill Clinton did a lot on lowering the debt, and Bush brought right back up. To you, they may be positive things, but to me they're a lot of negative things. And why would you use the word evil in the title of a thread that's supposed to be positive ? Think about it. We all have different opinions.

- Mike.

Uh, well, the economy grew to an astounding 4.3% GDP, employment is still down at 5% (lowest in like 3 or 4 decades), the stock markets are rising and consumer confidence is strong. Me and everyone I know is making 10% to 70% more than they were making 5 years ago, and this when, by all rights, considering 9/11 and the devistation of the hurricanes, we should be in a depression/recession. Yes, the deficit needs to be addressed, but it's not "the worst economy since Herbert Hoover" as some dems would have you believe, and it's not "more people un-employed than ever before" like some dems would have you believe.

Not to mention that people are voting for their government instead of being ruled by a terroristic dictator in the ME, and the US continues to poor billions upon billions of dollars into other countries to help with everything from poverty to infrastructure to education to health.

Yeah, it's such a bad thing he's doing. Everything he does is bad.
SunburnedCactus
This whole economy situation is pretty confusing. I mean the figures look pretty good (gas prices down, strong last quarter etc.), yet the opinion polls seem to suggest that most Americans think that things are pretty bad/going to get worse. And unusually this isn't just down to the media, who are actually giving a positive picture of things.

So whats going on? Confused
Jack_Hammer
speedlikecy wrote:
so....
what can we do?

Erm!?, how about voting for someone else or voting him out of office!?
DER Mad
Jack_Hammer
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I didn't mention them because I have yet to see any proof of war crimes.

And you are yet to see the proof that earth is round, right?

Proof of war crimes, in Iraq there are lots, they hurt / kill /tauter (sp?) innocent people and prisnors of war, we are also touturing people and using illegal weapons in iraq.
coolclay
Yea you're right those poor terrorists what have they done to deserve such treatment, I mean they haven't cut off the heads of little girls, and other innocent people, they haven't blown up their fellow countrymen, and they certainly are the most peace loving people around. I can't believe the way their being treated they should be left alone, and maybe we should even give them money, for being such nice, caring, and peaceful people.

Right? Rolling Eyes
Bondings
coolclay wrote:
Yea you're right those poor terrorists what have they done to deserve such treatment, I mean they haven't cut off the heads of little girls, and other innocent people, they haven't blown up their fellow countrymen, and they certainly are the most peace loving people around. I can't believe the way their being treated they should be left alone, and maybe we should even give them money, for being such nice, caring, and peaceful people.

Right? Rolling Eyes

A big part of the tortured prisoners are not terrorists. A lot of them are innocent civilians and they never got a trial. They don't even know why they are kept in prison/tortured.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4504292.stm
Quote:
He claims he was beaten and injected with drugs before being taken to Afghanistan and held for five months.
eleub
tribe wrote:

O-H-I-O...

LOL - Great Post
eleub
The democrats that are against the war and stand behind clinton and them might find this video intersting

http://www.gop.com/MultiMedia/VideoPlayer.aspx?ID=1033&TypeID=2"
Bondings
eleub wrote:
The democrats that are against the war and stand behind clinton and them might find this video intersting

http://www.gop.com/MultiMedia/VideoPlayer.aspx?ID=1033&TypeID=2"

Nazi German was a threat 60 years ago, is that a reason to attack it now? Things change. Saddam had some/a lot of WMD in 1998. Most of them, if not all, were destroyed before the war started.
valkyrie-heavens
all i have to say is that there is a thin line between genius and stupidity, and Bush has crossed over it.
shabda
Quote:
all i have to say is that there is a thin line between genius and stupidity

The line may be thin but bush crossed it when he was born. Or probably he was born on the wrong side.
izcool
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Uh, well, the economy grew to an astounding 4.3% GDP, employment is still down at 5% (lowest in like 3 or 4 decades), the stock markets are rising and consumer confidence is strong. Me and everyone I know is making 10% to 70% more than they were making 5 years ago, and this when, by all rights, considering 9/11 and the devistation of the hurricanes, we should be in a depression/recession. Yes, the deficit needs to be addressed, but it's not "the worst economy since Herbert Hoover" as some dems would have you believe, and it's not "more people un-employed than ever before" like some dems would have you believe.

Not to mention that people are voting for their government instead of being ruled by a terroristic dictator in the ME, and the US continues to poor billions upon billions of dollars into other countries to help with everything from poverty to infrastructure to education to health.

Well, I don't agree with Bush on what he's done over the past five years and what he might do over the next three years. The weapons of mass destruction were never found in Iraq, and Osama Bin Laden is still on the loose. Why should we trust such of a man running our country who's only in Iraq (or as it appears) for oil ? He's just trying to cover up the war's bad points by giving people tax cuts, raises, and jobs to keep them happy. Show me the figures on that he's making this country any better. I've given you two external websites that show you the approximate cost of the current war and the approximate amount that this country is in debt. Yeah, I agree with you. You say that everything he does is bad, and you're 100% correct.

- Mike.
coolclay
In 20-30 years when the world oil supply is dwindling, and whomever has the last oil controls the world, you'll be glad that we went to Iraq and protected the oil. Unless of course you want the middle eastern countries, and the terrorists to control the world.

Personally I'd like it better if the United States was controlling the world.
izcool
coolclay wrote:
In 20-30 years when the world oil supply is dwindling, and whomever has the last oil controls the world, you'll be glad that we went to Iraq and protected the oil. Unless of course you want the middle eastern countries, and the terrorists to control the world.

Hybrid cars are getting really popular nowadays. In 20 or 30 years time, imagine how expensive gasoline would be for normal vehicles. It would be unbelievable. By then, I'm sure that a new method of fuel would be found instead of using gasoline. I seen videos on the news where people were blowing up oil drilling sites over in Iraq. Rolling Eyes

- Mike.
coolclay
We use oil for a hell of a lot more then just gas there mr.smartypants. See that computer your using and see that plastic, and see everything around you made of some type of polymer/plastic. That all was made possible by oil. I am looking around my room now, and probably 75% of the things in my room are some type of polymore/plastic. Even if we never use another drop of gas again we will still run out of oil eventually. It just a matter of when.

And yes the terrorists are trying to blow the oil wells up. And we are trying to protect them, whats wrong with that.
eqfan
realy bad things,we all dont need that!
izcool
coolclay wrote:
We use oil for a hell of a lot more then just gas there mr.smartypants. See that computer your using and see that plastic, and see everything around you made of some type of polymer/plastic. That all was made possible by oil. I am looking around my room now, and probably 75% of the things in my room are some type of polymore/plastic. Even if we never use another drop of gas again we will still run out of oil eventually. It just a matter of when.

And yes the terrorists are trying to blow the oil wells up. And we are trying to protect them, whats wrong with that.

It's called "Recycling" what we've already got. In the towns that I've lived in, we always recycled the junk mail, papers, plastics, and glass. Just today I went to Office Max and turned in an empty printer cartridge for a free ream of paper that's been 30% recycled. And if you think oil is more important than human lives being taken, then that's just plain sad. There's many people in this world who can think of other things to use instead of oil if we need to use some kind of an alternative. BTW, just a quick sidenote, I read at an exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry (in Chicago) that the US Government has around 100 years of oil saved up for emergency.

- Mike.
ocalhoun
That oil is stored in case the middle east does an oil-boycott on us again.
SNES350
I just have to say that the "No Child Left Behind Act" is nothing but a hassle for me at school. I was forced to take a class, for one quarter, three days a week, going over math that I had learned two years ago and still excelled in. It's nothing but a waste of time for me - I turned it into a study hall, quickly and easily finishing the work given. These sessions should be limited to only those who need them, instead of forcing everyone to take them.
OnlyOneLife
These sound like the good things that bush has done for us. i was hoping for a long list of all the bad things he has done for us. So the research is done for me. Razz
S3nd K3ys
OnlyOneLife wrote:
..i was hoping for a long list of all the bad things he has done for us.

So were a lot of lieberals...
nanjundamurthy
I don't like the attitude of bush.He wages a war if he doesnt get what he wants..a bit of a child there.He was utterly wrong in waging a war against iraq.And his "fight against terror " is the biggest eye-wash the world has ever seen.Osama is still at large.And he supports pakistan though its well known that pak has been brewing terrorism against india.Bush is a bluffer and a bg cheat.
S3nd K3ys
nanjundamurthy wrote:
I don't like the attitude of bush.He wages a war if he doesnt get what he wants..a bit of a child there.He was utterly wrong in waging a war against iraq.And his "fight against terror " is the biggest eye-wash the world has ever seen.Osama is still at large.And he supports pakistan though its well known that pak has been brewing terrorism against india.Bush is a bluffer and a bg cheat.

Ah, but the war was set in motion BEFORE bush was president. Please consider the FACTS next time.
SunburnedCactus
S3nd K3ys wrote:
nanjundamurthy wrote:

Ah, but the war was set in motion BEFORE bush was president. Please consider the FACTS next time.

He certainly made himself out to be at the forefront of the war effort though.
S3nd K3ys
SunburnedCactus wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
nanjundamurthy wrote:

He certainly made himself out to be at the forefront of the war effort though.

Um. Not really. Almost all of the Dems thoguht it was the right thing to do, and made their point very loudly. Almost as loudly as they're now making it seem like it was the wrong thing to do.

Spineless bastards think we can't remember things that happened last week, last month, last year.

Quote:
But the consensus on which Bush relied was not born in his own administration. In fact, it was first fully formed in the Clinton administration. Here is Clinton himself, speaking in 1998:

If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq’s weapons-of-mass-destruction program.

Here is his Secretary of State Madeline Albright, also speaking in 1998:

Iraq is a long way from [the USA], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risk that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face.

Here is Sandy Berger, Clinton’s National Security Adviser, who chimed in at the same time with this flat-out assertion about Saddam:

He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983.

Finally, Clinton’s Secretary of Defense, William Cohen, was so sure Saddam had stockpiles of WMD that he remained “absolutely convinced” of it even after our failure to find them in the wake of the invasion in March 2003.

Nor did leading Democrats in Congress entertain any doubts on this score. A few months after Clinton and his people made the statements I have just quoted, a group of Democratic Senators, including such liberals as Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, and John Kerry, urged the President

to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq’s refusal to end its weapons-of-mass-destruction programs.

Nancy Pelosi, the future leader of the Democrats in the House, and then a member of the House Intelligence Committee, added her voice to the chorus:

Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons-of-mass-destruction technology, which is a threat to countries in the region, and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process.

This Democratic drumbeat continued and even intensified when Bush succeeded Clinton in 2001, and it featured many who would later pretend to have been deceived by the Bush White House. In a letter to the new President, a number of Senators led by Bob Graham declared:

There is no doubt that . . . Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical, and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf war status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies.

Senator Carl Levin also reaffirmed for Bush’s benefit what he had told Clinton some years earlier:

Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations, and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them.

Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton agreed, speaking in October 2002:

In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical- and biological-weapons stock, his missile-delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al-Qaeda members.

Senator Jay Rockefeller, vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, agreed as well:

There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years. . . . We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction.

Even more striking were the sentiments of Bush’s opponents in his two campaigns for the presidency. Thus Al Gore in September 2002:

We know that [Saddam] has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country.

And here is Gore again, in that same year:

Iraq’s search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter, and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power.

Now to John Kerry, also speaking in 2002:

I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force—if necessary—to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security.

Quote:
"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." -- From a letter signed by Joe Lieberman, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara A. Milulski, Tom Daschle, & John Kerry among others on October 9, 1998

"This December will mark three years since United Nations inspectors last visited Iraq. There is no doubt that since that time, Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to refine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer- range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." -- From a December 6, 2001 letter signed by Bob Graham, Joe Lieberman, Harold Ford, & Tom Lantos among others

"Whereas Iraq has consistently breached its cease-fire agreement between Iraq and the United States, entered into on March 3, 1991, by failing to dismantle its weapons of mass destruction program, and refusing to permit monitoring and verification by United Nations inspections; Whereas Iraq has developed weapons of mass destruction, including chemical and biological capabilities, and has made positive progress toward developing nuclear weapons capabilities" -- From a joint resolution submitted by Tom Harkin and Arlen Specter on July 18, 2002

"Saddam's goal ... is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while retaining and enhancing Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs. We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed." -- Madeline Albright, 1998

"(Saddam) will rebuild his arsenal of weapons of mass destruction and some day, some way, I am certain he will use that arsenal again, as he has 10 times since 1983" -- National Security Adviser Sandy Berger, Feb 18, 1998

"Iraq made commitments after the Gulf War to completely dismantle all weapons of mass destruction, and unfortunately, Iraq has not lived up to its agreement." -- Barbara Boxer, November 8, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retained some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capability. Intelligence reports also indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons, but has not yet achieved nuclear capability." -- Robert Byrd, October 2002

"There's no question that Saddam Hussein is a threat... Yes, he has chemical and biological weapons. He's had those for a long time. But the United States right now is on a very much different defensive posture than we were before September 11th of 2001... He is, as far as we know, actively pursuing nuclear capabilities, though he doesn't have nuclear warheads yet. If he were to acquire nuclear weapons, I think our friends in the region would face greatly increased risks as would we." -- Wesley Clark on September 26, 2002

"What is at stake is how to answer the potential threat Iraq represents with the risk of proliferation of WMD. Baghdad's regime did use such weapons in the past. Today, a number of evidences may lead to think that, over the past four years, in the absence of international inspectors, this country has continued armament programs." -- Jacques Chirac, October 16, 2002

"The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow." -- Bill Clinton in 1998

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members, though there is apparently no evidence of his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security." -- Hillary Clinton, October 10, 2002

"I am absolutely convinced that there are weapons...I saw evidence back in 1998 when we would see the inspectors being barred from gaining entry into a warehouse for three hours with trucks rolling up and then moving those trucks out." -- Clinton's Secretary of Defense William Cohen in April of 2003

"Iraq is not the only nation in the world to possess weapons of mass destruction, but it is the only nation with a leader who has used them against his own people." -- Tom Daschle in 1998

"Saddam Hussein's regime represents a grave threat to America and our allies, including our vital ally, Israel. For more than two decades, Saddam Hussein has sought weapons of mass destruction through every available means. We know that he has chemical and biological weapons. He has already used them against his neighbors and his own people, and is trying to build more. We know that he is doing everything he can to build nuclear weapons, and we know that each day he gets closer to achieving that goal." -- John Edwards, Oct 10, 2002

"The debate over Iraq is not about politics. It is about national security. It should be clear that our national security requires Congress to send a clear message to Iraq and the world: America is united in its determination to eliminate forever the threat of Iraq's weapons of mass destruction." -- John Edwards, Oct 10, 2002

"I share the administration's goals in dealing with Iraq and its weapons of mass destruction." -- Dick Gephardt in September of 2002

"Iraq does pose a serious threat to the stability of the Persian Gulf and we should organize an international coalition to eliminate his access to weapons of mass destruction. Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to completely deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." -- Al Gore, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." -- Bob Graham, December 2002

"Saddam Hussein is not the only deranged dictator who is willing to deprive his people in order to acquire weapons of mass destruction." -- Jim Jeffords, October 8, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." -- Ted Kennedy, September 27, 2002

"There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein's regime is a serious danger, that he is a tyrant, and that his pursuit of lethal weapons of mass destruction cannot be tolerated. He must be disarmed." -- Ted Kennedy, Sept 27, 2002

"I will be voting to give the president of the United States the authority to use force - if necessary - to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." -- John F. Kerry, Oct 2002

"The threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but as I said, it is not new. It has been with us since the end of that war, and particularly in the last 4 years we know after Operation Desert Fox failed to force him to reaccept them, that he has continued to build those weapons. He has had a free hand for 4 years to reconstitute these weapons, allowing the world, during the interval, to lose the focus we had on weapons of mass destruction and the issue of proliferation." -- John Kerry, October 9, 2002

"(W)e need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime. We all know the litany of his offenses. He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. ...And now he is miscalculating America’s response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction. That is why the world, through the United Nations Security Council, has spoken with one voice, demanding that Iraq disclose its weapons programs and disarm. So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but it is not new. It has been with us since the end of the Persian Gulf War." -- John Kerry, Jan 23, 2003

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandates of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them." -- Carl Levin, Sept 19, 2002

"Every day Saddam remains in power with chemical weapons, biological weapons, and the development of nuclear weapons is a day of danger for the United States." -- Joe Lieberman, August, 2002

"Over the years, Iraq has worked to develop nuclear, chemical and biological weapons. During 1991 - 1994, despite Iraq's denials, U.N. inspectors discovered and dismantled a large network of nuclear facilities that Iraq was using to develop nuclear weapons. Various reports indicate that Iraq is still actively pursuing nuclear weapons capability. There is no reason to think otherwise. Beyond nuclear weapons, Iraq has actively pursued biological and chemical weapons.U.N. inspectors have said that Iraq's claims about biological weapons is neither credible nor verifiable. In 1986, Iraq used chemical weapons against Iran, and later, against its own Kurdish population. While weapons inspections have been successful in the past, there have been no inspections since the end of 1998. There can be no doubt that Iraq has continued to pursue its goal of obtaining weapons of mass destruction." -- Patty Murray, October 9, 2002

"As a member of the House Intelligence Committee, I am keenly aware that the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons is an issue of grave importance to all nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." -- Nancy Pelosi, December 16, 1998

"Even today, Iraq is not nearly disarmed. Based on highly credible intelligence, UNSCOM [the U.N. weapons inspectors] suspects that Iraq still has biological agents like anthrax, botulinum toxin, and clostridium perfringens in sufficient quantity to fill several dozen bombs and ballistic missile warheads, as well as the means to continue manufacturing these deadly agents. Iraq probably retains several tons of the highly toxic VX substance, as well as sarin nerve gas and mustard gas. This agent is stored in artillery shells, bombs, and ballistic missile warheads. And Iraq retains significant dual-use industrial infrastructure that can be used to rapidly reconstitute large-scale chemical weapons production." -- Ex-Un Weapons Inspector Scott Ritter in 1998

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years. And that may happen sooner if he can obtain access to enriched uranium from foreign sources -- something that is not that difficult in the current world. We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction." -- John Rockefeller, Oct 10, 2002

"Saddam’s existing biological and chemical weapons capabilities pose a very real threat to America, now. Saddam has used chemical weapons before, both against Iraq’s enemies and against his own people. He is working to develop delivery systems like missiles and unmanned aerial vehicles that could bring these deadly weapons against U.S. forces and U.S. facilities in the Middle East." -- John Rockefeller, Oct 10, 2002

"Whether one agrees or disagrees with the Administration’s policy towards Iraq, I don’t think there can be any question about Saddam’s conduct. He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do. He lies and cheats; he snubs the mandate and authority of international weapons inspectors; and he games the system to keep buying time against enforcement of the just and legitimate demands of the United Nations, the Security Council, the United States and our allies. Those are simply the facts." -- Henry Waxman, Oct 10, 2002

Check places like TruthorFiction.com and snopes.com or urbanledgends.com for some more interesting reading.
SunburnedCactus
I'm going to do that right now. Saves me working anyhoo.
raver
coolclay wrote:

aham...protected.,...let me see...where are those oil reserves? in Irak? and hmmz..wait a sec...let me check..no.no.nooooo.. Irak isn`t a state of teh USA it is a COUNTRY...so...does this mean that the oil that resides under their land is under the patrimony of Iraq? Ofcourse not...it belongs to that red-neck of Bush because he says so...
After all, in my opinion the entire war was a pretext to illegally take over Iraq`s oil...
S3nd K3ys
raver wrote:

After all, in my opinion the entire war was a pretext to illegally take over Iraq`s oil...

In my opinion, you're opinion is seriously flawed.
LordWorm
S3nd K3ys wrote:
izcool wrote:

- Mike.

Well, building your economy on warfare is ok to you then?
S3nd K3ys
LordWorm wrote:
Well, building your economy on warfare is ok to you then?

Considering the war was going to happen anyway, (Thanks Bill Clinton for clearing the path to war), then I don't have a problem with it. It's like a fringe benefit. War brought us out of the great depression in the early 1900's, and it helped prevent another depression/recession in the early 2000's.
ericbobson
The really amusing thing is that without reading the original post, lots of people have simply assumed that it is a list of bad things that Bush has done. This is for a number of possible reasons:

1.The U.S. Education system is failing so badly that noone can read anymore.

2. There is such a strong anti-Bush feeling that it is assumed that anything written about him that is not contained within the Bush-controlled media is bad.

3. There are lots of stupid, bored people on this poll who have nothing better to do that post their self-confident, biased opinions based on a purely subjective idea.

N.B. If anyone is still reading this, you have done very well. How long did that take you? Now go and get your cookies and milk, and off you go to bed...
S3nd K3ys
ericbobson wrote:
2. There is such a strong anti-Bush feeling that it is assumed that anything written about him that is not contained within the Bush-controlled media is bad.

I think that is the closest most accurate ananogy. The press has been slamming him since day one and continues to do so, no matter what happens.

Problem is, if you keep ramming it (the lies) down people's throats they will begin to believe it. And many have no desire nor inclination to find out for themselves.
izcool
I'm no longer participating in this thread of the personal attacks on my beliefs. You can go on for however you want, but I'm still proud of my beliefs that we should not be in war for Oil nor for having G. Dubya in the White House controlling this country. This is just getting out of hand on how you must fight against what I'm saying.

Good luck to all who want to try to make this guy see a different side of this situation. I'm no longer going to be a part of this thread on personal attacks.

If anyone questions what a "Personal Attack" is, please refer to this entry in Wikipedia - it's everything that is making me sick of participating in this thread. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_attack

- Mike.
ocalhoun
I think you are right, they don't read the post!
That's why its important to have a descriptive title.
S3nd K3ys
izcool wrote:
I'm no longer participating in this thread of the personal attacks on my beliefs. You can go on for however you want, but I'm still proud of my beliefs that we should not be in war for Oil nor for having G. Dubya in the White House controlling this country. This is just getting out of hand on how you must fight against what I'm saying.

Good luck to all who want to try to make this guy see a different side of this situation. I'm no longer going to be a part of this thread on personal attacks.

If anyone questions what a "Personal Attack" is, please refer to this entry in Wikipedia - it's everything that is making me sick of participating in this thread. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_attack

- Mike.

:waves: