FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Music Anti-Piracy

Are you supporting Music Anti-Piracy ?
Definitely Yes
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Sometimes I buy. Sometimes I download.
60%
 60%  [ 14 ]
No. I prefer free downloads.
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

eadwired
well, i think everybody knows it but we love to get it for right? But we didnt think that in every song we download it kills gradually the music industry? Make your stand, Make a Vote, defend your side!
Mc_EDO
when I have enought money for but I dont wait for it but sometimes when I dont have enought money I download from internet.
Bomberb05
its all about the free music! people cant download t-shirts and other things that artists sell... concert tickets, etc
mnx12
I download to check them out, but I always buy the cd. So yes and no. Hehe
anxiety1
i like finding new bands by downloading!
Kaisonic
Really I prefer downloading, just because sometimes I don't like all the songs on a CD and I feel like I wasted money. I really like the new services like Rhapsody and other music stores that let you buy the songs separately. It's just about the same price as an album and you can only get the songs you like. Speaking of Rhapsody, that's a really neat service. You should check it out if you're a music fan (which if you're not a fan of music, something's wrong with you. But no offense to those that don't like SOME type of music.) But just downloading any song without paying at all is wrong. Definitely.
eadwired
ok guys. I understand your part, but wouldnt you feel guilty if your spying the net everyday looking for new song not spending even a penny on those songs you download?

By the way how do you make stand on those downloads with pay? does it make you fell your not stealing?
coker
Well i think that no matter what we do or say we can´t stop this P2P ..
Maybe CD´s will cost less with time? Wink
silli
I haven't bought a single record since in this century. Maybe i'd buy, if artists would sell their records by themselves (half the price when no big evil companies cutting the income).
Natrualkiller
I never downloaded songs illegaly just buy the cds i think if you really like a band you should support em not steal from em..........
eadwired
actually for my case. I never like burned CDs before. I used to buy a lot of original casette TAPES/ CDs before, I used to reason out that its the quality that matters and you can be proud of because you support the music industry. But eventually I was thinking that my CDs would be outdated in just a matter of months. And its really hard to find REMIXED tracks of the songs you like in LOCAL record bars. As for the moment I balanced downloading illegaly and buying records as well as those paid downloads. They make me loose the guilty feeling. Smile Surprised
eadwired
id like to share a news article from CNET.COM, posting it here is not allow so i recommend you to click the link below and read it. Ive also included a copy of the PROPOSED LAW stiffening the MUSIC ANTI PIRACY Program.

http://news.com.com/2100-1028_3-5944612.html

H.R. ____
[b]Intellectual Property Protection Act[/b]
109th Congress
1st Session
H.R. ____
To strengthen the protection of intellectual property, and for other purposes.
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
____ ____, 2005
M________________ introduced the following bill, which was referred to the Committee on the
Judiciary.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America
in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE
(a) SHORT TITLE- This Act may be cited as the “Intellectual Property Protection Act of
2005.”

and so on and so forth.........................................
silli
Natrualkiller wrote:
I never downloaded songs illegaly just buy the cds i think if you really like a band you should support em not steal from em..........

Downloading songs isn't simply stealing. I mean i have like 500 CD's on my computer. If I wouldn't have downloaded them, i'd have bought maxium 10 CD's. Piracy is the only way that allows people with low income, like students enjoy music and multimedia.
althalus
eadwired, a link would have been enough. Who is gonna read that massive amount of text? Razz

I download some and buy some. It's all down to the artist. If they are good, I support them - if they suck, I won't spend my money on them..
H3LL5P4WN
Bomberb05 wrote:
its all about the free music! people cant download t-shirts and other things that artists sell... concert tickets, etc

So I suppose that whenever you see a band, you think they have a bazillion dollar recording contract, women, cars, etc...

Sorry buddy, it doesn't work that way.

Bands get less than a dollar per cd sold. They make most of thier money on tours now. (The exception being Metallica, who make almost $4 per cd.) So, when you don't buy thier cds, thier labels think they aren't liked, and won't book them tours, thus cutting the band's income even more. Most bands still keep day/part-time jobs even after they get signed. John from God Forbid only quit his day job two years ago, even after the band has been signed for over 5 years. Bleed the Sky just had to cancel thier European tour because thier entire equipment trailer was stolen and they can't afford to replace thier gear.

Just because you don't see your victim's face, doesn't mean you aren't stealing.

This doesn't take into account that most of the music you steal is uploaded to computers that have been compromised, causting thier owners/IT departments time and money to repair the damage. Plus, you can get viruses, spyware and adware not only from the files you download, but the P2P programs themselves.

And in case you haven't heard, the RIAA has been sueing people for quite some time for illegally downloading music. Granted I have no love for the RIAA and the crap they put out as 'music', the fines they level are not something I want to mess with.

Oh, and I supported Metallica vs. Napster. Twisted Evil
elector
For a performer or a band I really like, I buy the album. I like haveing those booklets from CD-s where it is all about where was recorded, who recoreded it, guests on the album, lirycs. It is cool haveing it and listenig a CD and readin this booklet. And alse, verry important, is that if I like a musitian I think he/she/them sould earn money for keeping me entertained.
snowboardalliance
I buy most CDs, and download older stuff and songs by bands that I haven't really heard much of yet.
lyndonray
this isn't a clear black and white issue for me personally because there are some artists out there such as Grandaddy that if I hadn't downloaded their music on p2p networks I wouldn't know them right now, let alone bought their cd's. The thing about peer to peer downloading is that you can download new music to see if any good. Then if it is, you can pay for a good quality version of it from itunes or something. Because you are not about to pay to download a song not knowing who the artist is or know if its any good. Well unless if you are made of money, then more power to you!!

Also, there are some songs, especially, with hip-hop, where that you can't get on itunes. I am mainly talking about underground remixes and stuff from mixtapes, that you get on p2p n/works. So that's why I can't say downloading from p2p services is bad because it also gives many artists the exposure they would otherwise struggle to get. BUT, i do think you have the means then support your artists you like by buying their music. A healthy balance is good.
Arnie
In Holland it's legal to download music but illegal to upload it. I only download music if the uploader is also in a legal position providing it to me. Basically that means recording from Internet radio. It's also legal to copy somebody else's CD and use the copy for yourself here.
BlackMask
when I have enought money for but I dont wait for it but sometimes when I dont have enought money I download from internet.