FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nepal Buddha boy

cwijeratna
This is some thing I seen recently on the Net

"A meditating teenage boy in south-central Nepal is drawing the attention of scientists after attracting huge crowds in the past six months and earning himself the name Buddha-reincarnate"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4479240.stm

as talled there in that article, he will carry on for another six years until he gains enlightenment.

but my point is , (as a buddhist i know) buddha took the same path but gained enlightenment through the medium path..

so if he know this what's the point of following the wrong path for enlightenment one even buddha failed in that way...

like to here your comments and the latest on this

Chathuranga
earthchild
there are as many paths to enlightenment as there are people on this planet...

perhaps you can learn from this idea: one of the beautiful characteristics of enlightenment is the absence of judgement

namaste
and with peace
somnific
yes I read about this in a newspaper,

reminds me of a guy I lived with a while back, he called it 'breathairianism'
his brother tried it and nearly died , apparently he travelled to brazil where he believes a whole family live without eating or drinking. To be honest I thought he was either bullshitting us (his housemates...alot of us , it was a squat with 16 people) or he was whacko. He tried , and his muscles began to deteriorate and he gave up , and returned to the squat......tho his left arm was still very weak.

To survive without water would take an ability to create and control matter,
Lilystock
Well I have to say that I'm quite curious about the scientific examination results...
lineagetoday
wow thats pretty crazy and interesting.. hope the truth will come out eventually.