FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME!!!!





Simulator
Hi, I'm crap at layout, and I need one that says JOIN NOW OR ELSE!!!!! or something like [using the force]"YOU WILL JOIN"[/using the force] I have a ton on ads on it, and I suck at layout, I have all the knowledge of programming, but I suck at layout, anyhoo enough about how I suck at layout, here is the site
www.simandsim.com
Please help I suck at layout
ocalhoun
I suggest putting in an ad of your own, conspicuously placed of course...
Marston
Well, one that that could improve your layout really quickly is by setting that middle table there to the top. There's a really simple way to do that.

The lines below are numbers 240-243.
Code:
<!-- The Center Table-->
     
<td width="100%" valign="top">


Basically, what that'll do is get your main table there to shoot up to the top, so it's nicely aligned with all the other tables. I think that code should do it. It's a fairly simple operation, but I might've screwed up...

Or, instead of vertically aligning that table to the top, you always download a free template from somewhere.
Simulator
Marston wrote:
Well, one that that could improve your layout really quickly is by setting that middle table there to the top. There's a really simple way to do that.

The lines below are numbers 240-243.
Code:
<!-- The Center Table-->
     
<td width="100%" valign="top">


Basically, what that'll do is get your main table there to shoot up to the top, so it's nicely aligned with all the other tables. I think that code should do it. It's a fairly simple operation, but I might've screwed up...

Or, instead of vertically aligning that table to the top, you always download a free template from somewhere.


Ya I know, I had it that way...... but I was told that it looked better the way it is now....
shabda
Layout looks nice to me. Can you be more specific what you are looking for? I might like to try my hand at it?
Simulator
shabda wrote:
Layout looks nice to me. Can you be more specific what you are looking for? I might like to try my hand at it?


I have all the programming skills, but I have a crap eye for design or layout, if you can describe it to me, or even draw a diagram, I will be able to program it. What I really want is the WOW factor, that says, "Hell Ya, this looks so cool, I'm Signing up right now!"
Arcath
Try to make a nav bar etc.... that you think goes with the style of the site, and sometimes simplicity is on of the best looking things
Arcath
Try to make a nav bar etc.... that you think goes with the style of the site, and sometimes simplicity is on of the best looking things
Simulator
Arcath wrote:
Try to make a nav bar etc.... that you think goes with the style of the site, and sometimes simplicity is on of the best looking things


I have one up the top... don't I.... or do you mean a Javascript one
PatTheGreat42
If you REALLY hate the layout, you could try using Dreamweaver and downloading a pre-made layout from the interweb.
m_furquan36
Want my opinion? I think the layout is perfectly fine... if thats the only thing dats bothering you!, otherwise i think the "darkness" of da site kinda drags me away from it...
Simulator
m_furquan36 wrote:
Want my opinion? I think the layout is perfectly fine... if thats the only thing dats bothering you!, otherwise i think the "darkness" of da site kinda drags me away from it...


I see.... so you would like bright white and blue? Hmm..... Maybe I could make skins.....
tingkagol
I'd change the red color for the borders and stuff to a much darker shade of red, one that doesn't contrast too much with the black background. You could also put a very dark shade of grey on selected tables to give it a hint of variety.

But I think it's fine, nothing too bad.
RadioPunker
The logo is quite good however the tables on the site I dont like, especially the border. I would suggest designed a while layout in Photoshop, slicing it, and coding it. If you need any help email me at RadioPunker@gmail.com. If you need to I can code it for you.
Marston
I think the design's fine. I highly doubt though, that people will be so impressed with a good layout that they'd join your site though. That's highly illogical.
tingkagol
But users do get turned off with bad layout on the other hand.

But this site's layout ain't too bad, though. I think it's just a-ok.
Simulator
tingkagol wrote:
But users do get turned off with bad layout on the other hand.

But this site's layout ain't too bad, though. I think it's just a-ok.


Well can you suggest any way of getting the WOW factor?
pudovkin
I'm one of those think your layout is OK.
But I found some issues to you think about:
- minimalize: I think every thing is a little bit big. The font size and the borders. Try co make the W3C logos smaller too. I would go after a minimalist design;
- colors: I think the red and black is unconfortable. I would like to encourage you make some CSS skin options, with some different colours;
- main page: try on some bigger text. Perhaps the home could be the blog.
Related topics
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Webmaster and Internet -> Design Tips

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.