FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Flash Theft Auto

eqfan
Alrite, heres the story

I'm pretty new to flash and started work on my first flash game ever, its a big project to take on but I have learnt alot doing it.

I'm making a game based on the early versions of the Grand Theft Auto games (the top down view ones) and have done pretty well with it upto now, I have got the character to walk around, be able to enter and exit cars and drive the cars.

The problem that I'm facing is the animations of running and entering/exiting cars (if that makes sense?)

I'm using sprites from the game, and want to know how I can have an animation run ONLY at the correct times (when character is running, not standing still and when character is entering or exiting car, not when the car is stationary or driving) instead of either constantly or not at all. I have the animations set up ready to work with, just struggling with the coding side of it...

Any help with this would be fantastic!

thanks in advance
xorcist
Go to www.pixel2life.com it helps you out alot with those kinds of stuff you are talking about.
Ahit24
I think that sounds really cool. If you get it working tel us where it is that we might be able to see it!
Daniel15
When it's the correct time, just do a movieclip.gotoAndPlay(frame).

gotoAndPlay will go to a specified frame, and start playing. When you want to play the animation, use gotoAndPlay to go to the correct frame and start playing.

There is also gotoAndStop which will go to a specified frame, and stop