FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How-to make people visit you site

eqfan
lets say i want to make a poker/digital art website then i will try to conntact the online poker rooms to give us private freerolls on their clients. But that reqiueres that i have at least around 60 members on the forum. So the question is how do i get people to view my site?.
n0obie4life
moved to site advert and seo.
raver
the answer is advertise advertise advertise. Start with your friends and tell them to get their fiends ans so on. Pun your site on google (www.google.com/addurl.html) but it will take some time untill it indexes your site. (ofcourse, it depends on your own luck.)
And furthermore, you must have alot of pacience Smile
710ths
Hi, A little trick that you many not know. Use ebay!
At a very little cost, 20p insertion fee sell something related to poker etc and direct them initially to your "About me" page within the item page. An About me"page can be set up in your ebay account. Then within your "About me" page suggest that they should visit your website for more info on poker etc.

Its a good way of getting cheap advertising and those that look at your ebay for sale item are focussed on the topic and therefore better leads to your website. All the above is OK with ebay rules. Just don't add the URL link in your for sale ad. It has to be within your "About me" page. I'm selling a Buy to Let Calculator on ebay, I do the same as above to direct invested parties to my website for more info on Buy to Let and Property Investment. At my web site they can then get free info plus by eBooks, get mortgage advice etc. All for which I have an affiliate account.

Hope the idea helps
tbsly
I think word of mouth is one of the best ways to get any kind of message out about your product or service. If you can come up with anything unique/eclectic/wierd/zany that will be easy to remember and can generate a buzz, your pretty much set. I still can't believe how much publicity ad campaigns like Subservient Chicken and other wierd one's have got. Also, try making all your ad's like beer commercials. Think about, how many regular commercials can you remember months later and how many beer/liquor commercials can you remember. Booya.
tbsly
yjwong
Register in various search engines.
billybob
I tryed for while to get people to my first site (www.themesite.co.uk) for ages but seen as it was just a peronal site with no intresting content for anyone who didnt know me i only got my freinds using it, but my new site (www.poxyproxy.com) which enables you to get onto sites blocked at school or college i now get lots(well lots to me) of unque and returning visitors per day! all io can say that it is all about good content or a good service!
hope this helps
ryan
shabda
Yeah you need good content or good services. Think of it? why else should I visit your site? Hmm even I have used poxyproxy.
ainieas
One thing that also helps in advertising is gettin your site linked to and from other pages (say your friend's page). So even if you are not listed by a search engine, but your friend's site is then you automatically get indexed by the search engine. Smile
acron170
Ask some friends of yours to spread the word to 3 of there friends and then have the people your friends told tell 3 more friends and eventually you will have over 100 people! oh and the idea came from pay it forward where haily joel osmend or whatever his name is tell 3 people to do good deeds to 3 more people and then the 3 people the deeds where to do 3 more so its a giant chain effect. BTW pay it forward is a great movie so i suggest you rent it from your neighborehood blockbuster or movie place (see i'm directing you to a place without you knowing i'm advertising sort of(do it like that where you tell your friends when the subject is up about poker or gambling)).

P.S. If your a nerd then this way is horrible for you since you probably have no friends
acron170
you could also make 20 fake accounts if you had 40 people in your forum
Programmable
I really think that when someone go through a forum he looks first at the nember of people registred in

So one of the most important thing is making the visitor feel that ur website is full
That there are alot of visitors!
And that it is wellknown Wink

Doing this might be hard but simply!!
Evil or Very Mad Just copy some forums from any web and fill your database with many registrations so that you make an illusion to have a good website

You can get the help of us!!!!!

Fore example everybody gets into the website of the others and make a new account there and try to post something

Then we can all improve our Websites

Rolling Eyes
But the question is How to make others Know our websites!!!!!!!!
shabda
Quote:
P.S. If your a nerd then this way is horrible for you since you probably have no friends

He he story of my life.
Quote:

Just copy some forums from any web and fill your database with many registrations so that you make an illusion to have a good website

Do you now a way to do that? Like is is possible to gt the whole database of some forum?
Quote:
Ask some friends of yours to spread the word to 3 of there friends and then have the people your friends told tell 3 more friends

This is called viral marketing, but is not as easy as it sounds. Unless your site is realy good, noone except your close friends are gonna refer it. So the chain dies out very soon.