FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

any one else think this site is CRAP!

Ahab81
you do all they tell you to do '
you post and keep active and stick to the rules .
you request your own webspace so you can do some cool stuff ,
you wait 3 days and then you get a message saying:
"Hi Ahab81,
We regret to inform you that your request has been rejected.
Reason: sorry, you have to give us a better description.
Kind regards,"

what the f***k so you wait for nothing then?
waste your time?

i filled in a description ..i wanted to make a fansite for some games with screenshots and audio files, with upcoming inormation extra.

i didn't know i had to write a goddamn 60 page essay to get some pesky space to have some fun.

any one else think this site is total crap or is it just me???
or am i just totaly wrong and its the mods who are the joke?

interesting.... ill await some feedback from the mods..
SunburnedCactus
No. And the joke here is you for getting so wound up.
nOScott
Both times i applied i got my hosting like the next day ..
SunburnedCactus
Maybe they felt threatened by your big gun. Very Happy
coolclay
Dude your a freakin retard, this service is the best free website service ever created. Maybe if you made your description a little more detailed you would not have be rejected. If you think this place is so horrible then leave, I can tell you for sure that no one will miss you.
photon
this is the best free host you will find on the net. and i dont think you would have had any problems if you had described your site content in detail (which btw is specified in the request page)

i did not have any probs with my request
n0obie4life
First off, sending an abusive PM to a moderator and then posting an abusive message then STILL wanting an account.

I can take your new request if I wanted to actually, but, I decided not to. Just waiting for another moderator to deal with it. He'll tell you the same thing, anyway.

So what do you just want now?

BTW, If we're dumbasses/retards/jokers/lousy host/blahhh, then why request again?

Oh, and if you want 100% accept, non waiting, go to a paid host. www.1and1.com is good Smile

Dammit, I want to start on my assignments and it's so difficult, I get problems once in a while. Help me, anyone? That explains the rudeness of this message.
avk
I think you need more powerful Posts Baby...
I am still in the run HOWEVER
tidruG
Hmm... 2 and a half hours since your post, a number of replies and no negative comments about Frihost. Wow, I wonder what that means? Maybe it means that nobody else thinks this site is crap?... I don't know... I'm just guessing here... someone correct me if they have another explanation.

Anyway, regarding your request... The following is your site description:
Quote:
audio files and battefield1942/soldiers hero's of ww2 screenshots and fan site

Maybe if you read the Frihost Terms Of Service, you would know that having MP3s on your site are not allowed. This is the reason your request was rejected.

By the way, sending an abusive PM to the moderator handling your account, requesting again, and then, seven minutes after making a second request, starting this flame thread doesn't really help your case.

I'm going to reject your request again. Probably, your PM should have included the part about MP3s not being allowed on our servers, but I suppose the moderator handling your account forgot to add that. I apologize on his behalf. However, in your next request (if you are going to reqest again), please mention what kind of "audio files" these audio files are... and whether they are copyrighted to anyone else... because obviously we don't want MP3s that are copyrighted to someone else to become suddenly available on Frihost servers.

And as for the 3-day waiting period, it's because each request is handled by a limited number of account creators. The user's posts are scrutinized to make sure they're not spam and are good quality. It, therefore, takes some time to handle requests. My apologies for the members who're waiting to get their requests handled.
SunburnedCactus
Yeah. Show some respect for the Frihost, boy!
Helios
We're not holding you.
FriHost's community is big and will stay that way with or without you.

Bye Wink
Ahab81
so you can't take a bit of controversy or a diffrent opinion ?
and site description ..that is what it was gonna be ..

you want me to tell wot screenies im posting ?
wot sounds im playing ?
what colour's my shit .
what lvl exp i have on WoW .
what my dogs name is .
why not ask me in the PM you sent so ican tell you instead of wondering wtf am i doing wrong.
and how is anything i said abusive in the starting post? i see only over reaction as usual .
but fine do as you wish and remove me from this travesty.
and as for free???
im sure your not selling members email addy's or stealing bandwith or other dirty low tricks.
remeber everybody NOTHING is EVER FREE
there is always a cost somwere...mabe you will find out when your spammed crap or your connection speeds suffer.

hmm netbios browsing from this site? :O never
Ahab81
and no negative comments probebly because all these numpties are your hired goons and as usual desend onto a dissbeliver like a pack of vutures ..
either that or there just sucking up for brownie points .. Applause
Ahab81
Hi Ahab81,
Reason: I'm afraid you're going to have to specify what type of audio files you plan to have. For more details, please check out the little flame thread against this site you started in the General Chat forum. Have a nice day.
Kind regards,
tidruG

if you had sent me this PM first..then no flame post would be here as you call it.

no "abusive" pm to a mod would have been made.

people are new to this and need guidence ..not just blind pm.s saying

Hi Ahab81,
Kind regards,
n0obie4life

so you see crap moderation = crap posts and crap threads from crap people like me.
n0obie4life
I don't wish to dig PMs out from my inbox.

They are called Private. If I have the need to, I will.
Ahab81
but look at the diffrence in pm .
im sorry but your first pm to me was as helpfull as a chocolate ashtray
i had to get frustrated and post a thread to get a dignified responce from anyone.
the no2 pm from tidruG is perfect. WHAT AUDIO FILES ..EXPLAIN.
now i know what you need to know exactly..but now its 2 late for all that.

and if you wish to post my pm to you then do so .
it just shows my frustration at waiting 2-3 days to get a responce that didn't help me in any way.
like a teacher ripping up your work and saying "do it again".
tidruG
Basically, dude I think you need to chill out... and read the FAQs and TOS before clicking on the "I have read the Terms of Service..." checkbox... Let me quote it for you:
Frihost Terms Of Service wrote:

B) Rules and restrictions
  1. MP3 and other music files are forbidden on our servers. No exceptions will be made.

And yet, you couldn't say in your site description whether or not your "audio files" were MP3s or not... many members have written in their site descriptions that they do want to host some mp3s for which they have the copyrights because they created those mp3s, and in certain cases, permission has also been granted to certain members to host certain mp3s. Certainly, if you had the TOS and if you had read this thread before replying to your rejection PM, you would have known why your request was rejected (both times).
Quote:
NOTHING is EVER FREE

I agree. Technically, though, Frihost is and will always be free. The only thing we ask in return (think of it as payment if you want... however, most members actually enjoy doing this much in return) is that you be active on our forums.
Quote:
im sure your not selling members email addy's or stealing bandwith or other dirty low tricks.

Ignoring your sarcasm, I'm glad you are "sure" we don't do stupid shit like that, because we don't. Frihost makes enough money to run its servers from the revenue that we get from the ads you see on these forums... and that's enough money to pay for the 2 servers that we have., and for the cpanel/DirectAdmin that we provide.
Quote:
...why not ask me in the PM you sent so ican tell you instead of wondering wtf am i doing wrong.

Which is exactly what I did in my PM. I also apologized for the other moderator not putting in about the MP3s in his PM... maybe that shows we can
you wrote:
...take a bit of controversy or a diffrent opinion...

Quote:
and no negative comments probebly because all these numpties are your hired goons and as usual desend onto a dissbeliver like a pack of vutures ..

Why would we pay people to write good reviews about us when we're prividing a free service to other people? We certainly do not spend anything (but time) on publicizing this site. All members think for themselves and provide their own opinions, many of which are negative, but which get posted for positive reaction in the "Suggestions" forum. Many suggestions are taken in considerations and alterations are regularly made on the site as well.

And just to end my post, I'd like to say once again that you'll get all the guidance you need if you read some basic pages...
1. Frihost Terms of Service
2. Frihost FAQ
3. Frihost Forum Rules
(links to all of the above are in the menu at the top of your page)
4. Guidelines on making good quality posts

Regards,
tidruG
tidruG
Ahab81 wrote:
it just shows my frustration at waiting 2-3 days to get a responce that didn't help me in any way.
like a teacher ripping up your work and saying "do it again".

Not only have I apologized for the waiting time, but I have also mentioned why it takes so much time to process requests.

At Frihost, we're trying to run a site where quality is more important than quantity (as far as forum posts are concerned). Also we can generally tell from a user's posts whether he'll abide by the rules of what he's allowed to host on his site. Hence it does take time to process requests. Lately, the number of requests per day has increased tremendously. I'm going to talk to the site admin about this... rest assured we are going to work on how to make the request handling faster.

Ahab81, please don't think of this as a personal vendetta against you. I apologize if my earlier posts seemed a little rude.
elekis
TROLL ALARM ON TROLL ALARM ON
tidruG
elekis wrote:
TROLL ALARM ON TROLL ALARM ON

elekis, I edited your post and removed the 3 extra lines. That kinda makes your post count as spam.

However, I think this Ahab81 is a troll. He was probably just a little more pissed than members normally are when their requests are rejected after 3 days Razz
Slammer
*grabs a melon and throws it in Ahab81's direction* *walks away* Rolling Eyes
ChunkyBustout
Ahab, you really need to mellow out.

All the negative aspects of Frihost you pointed out are all from your perspective and that wasn't based on fact but assumption. Have you considered the size of the FriHost community and how long they've been doing this as a free web host? Most of the other free web hosts don't stay around for long and/or their service is crappy at the very least. Don't offend other users because you're angry. Why not take a minute to think about exactly what you want hosted at FriHost and reapply. Why does your application have such urgency and if it takes them a week to review your application, you still benefit. Honestly, can you speak on any other free web host that even equals what you get here? And to assume they sell your email address isn't right. Do you know how the admin of FriHost makes money with this site? All the members here do. Instead of going off you should really look at what they told you and correct the situation. You're just burning bridges when you go off like that.
S3nd K3ys
Ahab81 wrote:
any one else think this site is CRAP!..

Nope.

You're free to leave.
All Maine Matters
Gee...what kind of question is that for a guest to ask??
ocalhoun
In other words, the answer to his question is...
NO
spelbound
Okay, I have to comment...I too got an email stating that I need to specify, and I did. It was quite simple, and once I did that, I got my account. Guy, I dont understand why you are having such a hard time...but if you just did what they tell you, then these conversations would not be happening. However, this discussion did grab my attention. Ahab, I think you are the one to blame, cause if you had been calm, you too would have a site!
tingkagol
Ahab81 wrote:
you do all they tell you to do '
you post and keep active and stick to the rules .
you request your own webspace so you can do some cool stuff ,
you wait 3 days and then you get a message saying:
"Hi Ahab81,
Kind regards,"

what the f***k so you wait for nothing then?
waste your time?

i filled in a description ..i wanted to make a fansite for some games with screenshots and audio files, with upcoming inormation extra.

i didn't know i had to write a goddamn 60 page essay to get some pesky space to have some fun.

any one else think this site is total crap or is it just me???
or am i just totaly wrong and its the mods who are the joke?

interesting.... ill await some feedback from the mods..

I bet you did not read the Terms of Service.
Ahab81
Laughing thanks for the virus ..ill accept it as a leaving prezzie Laughing
unfortunatly i have awsome antispyware and firewall so your attempts had no effect .

goodbye Cool Laughing
n0obie4life
No idea what virus thing your talking about. But I know I sent none. If you still think I did, suit yourself.
mark
Well, if you gave a 5 word description, it is bound to be rejected. As for the forums, I like them.
n0obie4life
I didn't send you a virus for the first and last time. Either it's the ads here..or it's well..soem file you opened..or some other webpage you are viewing..

Quote:

You allowed me to post the PM Rolling Eyes. I asked you first. So.

And, I'm not upset, I don't bother about this actually. Neither am I cursing nor letting my life get affected by you, why would I bother anyway Wink

I'll forget about this soon, very soon. Maybe just after a nights sleep. Hmm..
narc
I just wanted to add my $0.02...

Frihost has been excellent to me. Of course, I don't want to host MP3's and I'm psuedo-literate Smile

When did the requirements jump to a 60 page essay? I guess I got in just in time.
icedGEEK
narc wrote:
I just wanted to add my $0.02...

Frihost has been excellent to me. Of course, I don't want to host MP3's and I'm psuedo-literate Smile

When did the requirements jump to a 60 page essay? I guess I got in just in time.

^_^ ; he's a moron.
The end.
Frihost has been excelent to me too!
Rolling Eyes
He should go somewhere with all his drama.
THE11thROCK™
For all that I have known myself, nothing beats Frihost as Freehosting Website Service. I can't even find one better in this planet.

@Ahab81
Relax, you may just be constipated or something. Chill it out dude.
kuroneko
i like this site...except that i'm often not on the computer for long amounts of time...so i keep getting emails about my inactivity...grr
shabda
Really shitty service.
250 mb storage without MP3s. Oh shit I have to store so much content.
10 giigs transfer. so many visitors to get.
Unlimited domains. Oh shit so many website to make.
A huge community. Oh so many morons to bear.
noobie, a forum trawl as mod..
no wonder I hate frihost.
dhpersonal
There really is nothing wrong with Frihost... just because you didn't give a good enough description of your proposed website doesn't mean FriHost is to blame. And how can you blame them for taking a little while to fulfill your request? For god's sake, give them a break. They're all humans like us, with lives (probably more of a life than us!) and they have to go through a gazillion requests every day.
__MiMi
There are other places you can go to for free hosting
You're not obligated to be here..
so if you don't like the fact that you were rejected,
you can simply leave because getting angry over this
will solve absolutely nothing hun.
SilverDogg
the only "bad" thing i can think of about frihost is probably... *gulp*... the damn troll lurking the forums! EEEEEEK! he's here!!!!

<(^^<)
(>^^)>

btw, you cant store mp3s? not even your own or some friends or whatever? O_o hmm.. i dont think i have any mp3s though but still =/.
Neo7
Trust me...if you want crap free site then go search on google.com. Frihost is the best I've found.

And you site is somewhat vague. Post exatcly what type of site it is. Is it just info or is a forum. Are other members going to sign up or what?

Seriously if you don't like it then the exit is right over there.
Daniel15
shabda wrote:
Really shitty service.
250 mb storage without MP3s. Oh shit I have to store so much content.
10 giigs transfer. so many visitors to get.
Unlimited domains. Oh shit so many website to make.
A huge community. Oh so many morons to bear.
noobie, a forum trawl as mod..
no wonder I hate frihost.

Exactly Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

What the hell are FriHost doing? 10GB bandwidth!?!?!? Now I have to get so many visitors to come to fill my quota!
250MB space?!?!?!!? What am I going to do with all that space? HUH? IT'S ALL FRIHOST'S FAULT!!!!
Unlimited parked domains and subdomains?!???! FIRST, you give us heaps of bandwidth and space, THEN you allow us to park unlimited domains and create heaps of subdomains!?!?!?! HOW CAN I MAKE THAT MANY SITES?!? WHAT are you trying to do?!?!?! This is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
And what's THIS? A community with ACTUAL PEOPLE writing quality posts?!? I though the hosting was bad, but this is WORSE!

NOTE: The above text is sarcastic and is not meant to be taken seriously
Seriously, Ahab81, have you looked at other hosts recently? None compare to Frihost! Go look at Lifelesspeople for example. You need to make ~50-100 posts a month, and that plan is nowhere near as good as FriHost. Go and create a Freewebs account or something

You're the kind of person that deserves to be hosted at gsmultra.com, neilhost.net or webplanethost.com... Oh wait, they don't exist anymore! Move to another host, and see where that host is in a year's time.
nathan99
Yeah im withboth parties on this. I mean.. its good 250MB space 10GB bandwith no ads, and free is good. BUT theres too much restrictions, for eg
Cant post suggestions to improve the site in the **SUGGESTIONS** area because they do not adhere Confused
You cant host forums?
You cant host mp3s (Which is mainly WHY people need lots of BW and space). Even if theyre unique!

stuff like that is stupid.

If your going to have a suggestions area there should be NO RULES!!!!! So then people CAAAN make suggestions and they WILL be taken in, otherwise i say lose the suggestions.

Other than that, i think this is good.
dark_one
Well, I actually quite like the site, and if they need a better description, dont lecture us about it, just give it to them...

And you probably have a smaller chance of actually getting you hosting now that you've went off on one!
n0obie4life
Rawr. Bondings is going to ban j00.
SunburnedCactus
Case closed, i think! Cool
EVILSKAAP
Okay dude you are the tipe of person that the human race doesnt need, AND YOU NEED TO BE REMOVED FROM THE GENE POOL, thatway the future is secure from IDIOTS! As for frihost they are the best, you can not get better, so try and prove me wrong!
tidruG
nathan99 wrote:
Yeah im withboth parties on this. I mean.. its good 250MB space 10GB bandwith no ads, and free is good. BUT theres too much restrictions, for eg
Cant post suggestions to improve the site in the **SUGGESTIONS** area because they do not adhere Confused
You cant host forums?
You cant host mp3s (Which is mainly WHY people need lots of BW and space). Even if theyre unique!

stuff like that is stupid.

If your going to have a suggestions area there should be NO RULES!!!!! So then people CAAAN make suggestions and they WILL be taken in, otherwise i say lose the suggestions.

Other than that, i think this is good.

Actually, about the Suggestions forum --- the reason you are not allowed to suggest certain things is because they have been suggested a million times and are not accepted, generally for very good reasons. For instance, suggesting a site makeover is not allowed because we cannot use another phpBB skin, even though we know there are a hundred thousand (excuse my exagerration) phpBB styles out there... this is because our site's skin is perfectly modded and tailormade for points, FRIH$ etc etc....

There are similarly other very good reasons for not allowing certain suggestions...

Anyway, I do believe this thread has served its purpose... for more questions, please post in the "Free Hosting Support" forum... for suggestions, please post in the "Suggestions" forum... for flame wars................ please don't post. Very Happy

-locked-