FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Uploading problems

Nameless
I'm having problems uploading things. Here are my webpages symptons:

1. When trying to upload via Frontpage the connection to the server is lost after about two minutes, every time. And I've been getting this for a while now. Now other error messages, and I'm not doing anything differently.

2. When I try and upload a large ~(5-20mb) file via the File Manager in C-panel, it sits there for a while uploading (as much as I would expect for the file size), then fails to upload, without further details. Possibly for the same reason as above.

This is becoming a real problem, since my site pretty much revolves around video files that I can't manage to upload. Confused

Help?
n0obie4life
Use a FTP Program.

Broswer timeouts are common. It's most probably your broswer.
Bondings
Nameless wrote:
I'm having problems uploading things. Here are my webpages symptons:

1. When trying to upload via Frontpage the connection to the server is lost after about two minutes, every time. And I've been getting this for a while now. Now other error messages, and I'm not doing anything differently.

2. When I try and upload a large ~(5-20mb) file via the File Manager in C-panel, it sits there for a while uploading (as much as I would expect for the file size), then fails to upload, without further details. Possibly for the same reason as above.

This is becoming a real problem, since my site pretty much revolves around video files that I can't manage to upload. Confused

Help?

Php has a limit of a few MB, if I'm not mistaken. I don't know the exact value, but you probably exceeded it. Like noobie said, try out an ftp program like filezilla.
Nameless
The thing is, I've managed to upload files that large before. And on my slow connection it might have uploaded... half a mb in two minutes. And it's the same browser as before, when it worked. And anyway, I hate FTP Rolling Eyes
n0obie4life
How about...erm..zipping them up..and then uploading them then unzip? Tried that?

Broswer timeouts are the worst things ever Very Happy
Daniel15
Quote:

If you're using FrontPage to 'publish' your website, make sure you put 'www' in front of the address to publish to (for example, publish to hxxp://www.yoursite.frihost.net and not just hxxp://yoursite.frihost.net/. Obviously, replace hxxp with http Very Happy)

Quote:
I hate FTP

Well then, prepare for browser timeouts! Seriously, use an FTP client for large files. If it disconnects for whatever reason, you can resume the upload (perfect for slow connections Wink )