FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

riyadh
I guess all of u have heard tht the foruth movie of ever so popular Harry Potter books. I've heard it was a hit in the box office andI don blame it for it. It is a cool movie but they did cut off some main parts from the movie which actually in the book is wher readers understood what was going to happen. Sad but what can u do. There r people out there who don anything to do but interfere in everything. Lod of the Rings trilogy was supposed to be a 13 hour movie but they made it into a 9 hour one. I am really disappointed. Thanks very much American people.
Zarbix
it seems to me that harry potter goblet of fire is just rushing to cover as much content within the 2 1/2 hr Crying or Very sad
lmb
Just saw the movie last sunday, was pretty disapointed about it.
They failed catching the atmosphere that is in the book, the movie seems disorganised..

But i think whatever the way a movie can never be as good as a book
comsci18
this movie is a good movie
Alienz
It skip alot of parts from the books but I think this one is better than the previous movies.
maristar
i haven't seen it yet, but i'm looking forward to it. the book was huge, and unless they cut it in two and have two films they had to cut stuff out. they actually were gunna do two films but there was no real obvious split point that worked with the story. people are going to be dissapointed no matter what kind of job they do, because people have such views of the book, the characters etc because it's so popular!
Ahit24
Wow! This is the best movie of the Harry Potter group of films. It is a little darker. I would not Promote it as a young childrens film, but the special effects are great and the plot keeps you wanting more.
orc_lord
i am going to watch this film in next day, hehe Smile
mnx12
Of course they are going to skip a bunch, what did you expect? I thought they did an amazing job! I love the book much better, but who wouldnt rather see all the great effects? Haha
CamiBor
This is a nice movie, i like Harry Potter
rwojick
I have shyed away from the Harry Potter stuff and the Video games that feature violence and stuff.

I think there is a real danger here of disconnecting from reality and creating a new reality that can only be termed "uncivilized".

When I look at the film from Iraq it is as if we turned those cities into the very pictures we first saw on the "killing" video games.

There seems to be a disconnect from reality and many like to go there, but the real things in life are on the safe side of reality. We cannot jump as high as the video games suggest, we cannot take punches like Rocky did, we cannot jump off trains when they are falling off the bridge, but this is not to say that we cannot have very real, very rewarding lives living in the realm of the "true".

All of your "modern" technolgy is mostly frosting, with very little cake. Nice for a taste, but very unfulfilling in the long run.
colilon
FOA, The dude from the message above me, WTF?!

About the Mov' well, Yeah a tiny disapointment, But, get to think about it,
it is a great movie for himself...

I hate when people do this kind of comparing...
Just like with Joey. I mean cant u just watch a great movie without thinking
of the missing 100 pages?
Believe me, you would enjoy it much much better Wink

Part I most liked was...Hmmm...
Ohh, when the freaky eye turns Malf' into a little thingy... Just awsome~
XSTG
I did not really like this movie ... if you had read the book before, you can tell this too

There are things missing that are importants at my point of view

By example the (don't know in english... (Scrout à Pétards)) that Hagrid raises... they are funny...

Anyway. We don't see enough lessons...
If i have to vote for it well it'll be in the 8/10.

Good special effects, tought!

I love the block with Voldemort's revival.
mark
The movie is good. Better than the other three. Although they had edited quite a few parts, I still liked it.
silli
Fisrt two movies were nice. Third movie was a shock, but after i recovered I found it the best movie of the series. Third movie didn't follow the book but as a movie it was good. Fourth movie followed absolutely nothing. It didin't have anything in it. It just showed the most important events of the book. That's Really boring and dull.
indeedwrestling
The movie was interesting but there are moments when the director seems to rely on the fact you've read the books to help you understand. Now, say you haven't read the books, say you're me, then you're terribly confused. I understand the books are deep but I still feel like the point of the film to get across a lot of these ideas (and the characters and names and places) without making me hike the internet and look everything up. Just my two cents.

Also, the bathtub scene was CREEPY.
lineagetoday
Quote:
irector seems to rely on the fact you've read the books to help you understand. Now, say you haven't read the books, say you're me, then you're terribly confused.

couldn't agree more.. but I think it was for the best because they can't possibly cover the entire movie if they hadn't done that. It is just way too long. So if you haven't read the book then read it and then watch it and enjoy!!
Billwaa
I think they skip a little bit too much details. They didn't even show the whole Quddich game in the beginning.
mstreet
I've watched this movie 2 nights in a row and I was not disappointed at all. Yes they had to cut parts from the book but when do they really have absolutely everything that the book has.
This is my favourite one so far. I felt that it had a better flow than the last one. I brought a friend who is not a fan of the whole Harry Potter phenom and he was laughing and crying and really into the whole movie.
Can't wait for the next one.
mstreet
I've watched this movie 2 nights in a row and I was not disappointed at all. Yes they had to cut parts from the book but when do they really have absolutely everything that the book has.
This is my favourite one so far. I felt that it had a better flow than the last one. I brought a friend who is not a fan of the whole Harry Potter phenom and he was laughing and crying and really into the whole movie.
Can't wait for the next one.
blu3bird
the movie is good ..

unlike readin a book, u cant bookmark somewhere inbetween the movie, take a break, eat ur dinner, and go back to the movie where u left. It defeats the whole movie experience. A movie is suppose to start low and increase its intensity as the movie goes on, the final part will be the most exciting segment of the whole movie, gives a sum up of the whole story and end. A book however, could have several different high points, in different chapters. A book can have different emphasis, all leadin to reveal the same story. Its unfair to compare both movie and book version i guess.
blu3bird
and btw, the guy talking bout iraq, volience, video games and stuff ..

hellooOOO are you okay ??
Revvion
I really bad movie in my opinion not only do i think there a some major mistakes in it like writhing the name of sirius on the back of the letter.. i mean he is a wanted guy. next dumbledore is muts to violant compare to the first two movies (haven't seen 3)
Valli
This is a really good movie, but thats my opinion
TRANScend
It's nice to read reviews from a few other people that didn't enjoy HP:GoF as well. It makes me feel like I'm not one of the only people that didn't seem to like it.

Personally, they just cut way too much out. Plus, the tone of the movie just seemed.. off. I didn't feel like it had really caught up with the book until around the last 40 minutes of the film; besides, what was with the junior high/high school dance scene? Not enough lessons, not enough HP feeling, and too much adolescent drama. Were the different schools (the ones that come for the Tri-Wizard Tourney) really that gender stereotyped in the book? I don't remember...
votd
When I saw HP:GOF with polish dubbing in my cinema I was pretty excited, but thus, I watched the whole movie with great interest, then I thought of the movie pretty much, and found out that it was worthless to make a movie that quick. And for first - 2 and half an hour. WTF? They didn't even covered a whole of the book! It's equivalent to 1/3 of the book. All the imporant facts were missing, or misused OR mistelled. Ex. Harry's dream was in Dursleys, not in Weasleys. There wasn't scene of Dursleys, which is funny, there is only a Quidditch match (duh, only the beginning). Next there is no Winky, and there's isn't ending where Dumbledore rips off contact with Fudge and fights with Dark Lord for himself. And for the god's sake - what happened to the Crouch Jr.? He supossed to be death by the kiss of dementor, in movie no one tells about that. And there is none facts of in what way Crouch Jr. escaped from Azkaban! Very dissapointing, it should be 4 hours atleast to give fans pure facts! I think they didn't have enough money -_-'

P.S. The whole feeling of the HP is ruined in this movie, especially the semi-Break Dance scene featuring Durmstrang "Gay-Boys" which was AWFUL, especially when we talk about HP. Well, if Book 4 was a thriller in the manner of movie, then what will be in book 5? Horror? and what in book 6? They just screwed it UP!
DREntertainment
I am a huge harry potter fan. i read GoF atleast 3 times in the past month in order to memorize details and get ready to lash at the movie. The movie certinly lacked some of the good points of the book but what really ticked me off was the rushed dream, harry waking at the weasleys, not kowing he was going to the world cup. And the quidditch world cup-WHAT Quidditch World Cup? They didnt even show the game. I was looking forward to it. But once again, we must remember that the producers had a certain amount of time for the movie. I think the tasks were played out well. However, the 3rd task missed the Sphinx and i dont remember Harry reporting seeing Barty Crouch to professor dumbledore. I understand the book was very long but seriously, it would have added like 20 minutes to the movie and made it feel whole. The movie seems rushed; rushing from one scene to another. If you havent read the book you'll probably end up remembering the funny parts because theyre the only scenes that seeped into your brain. Hopefully, OoTP wont be as horribly rushed. Perhaps longer, 2 films or another compromise will be made because if the producers do cut something out, i suspect it will bethe dementor attack/hearing (unless JKR puts her foot in and shows significance for that scene). Or else itll be kreacher or perhaps even DA.
However, as mere fans we can only wish and hope our movie wont be butchered. Sad
neosree
I like the movie very much, but here in Kerala,India the theatre is empty when I go to see the film. It hardly run for 7 days here because that is the minimum duration. The people who love HP movies and Books are vary rare here.
engeland
really! where are you from?

btw, i really liked the movie. Doesnt matter how close it is to the books. It's a good movie