FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DirectAdmin Fantastico possibility?

moncader
Hello, I'm going to have a forum on my site and it would be insanely easier if I could install phpnuke via fantastico. Is it possible to get fantstico on there? Or is there another easy way to install it? I've read the other posts that are sort of about this.
n0obie4life
No.

There will never be Fantastico on Directadmin.

Either install it yourself by learning how to, or get someone to do it for you (check marketplace).
Daniel15
As n0obie4life said, Fantastico is a cPanel-ONLY addition. That means that it will never be available for DirectAdmin.

Just download it from http://phpnuke.org/ and manually upload it to your webspace.

PS. I wouldn't suggest phpNuke, as it isn't very powerful. Try looking at Xoops, Drupal or Mambo instead.
shabda
Are there any alternatives to fantastico? I once somewherre read about someting called elephantine script installer(spelling may be wrong). But later a google search dint turn up anything.
Kestrel
Never heard of it. But I agree with the other guys, just read the docs that come with the portal or whatever you're installing and install it yourself, or have someone else do it for you. Personally I'm against Fantastico. Takes all the fun out of doing things wrong. Laughing
Daniel15
There is a Fantastico-like program for DirectAdmin called Installatron. If you want to pay for it, then sure, we'll install it Very Happy

Seriously, just install it yourself. You'll learn a lot more about installing scripts
n0obie4life
Installatron has been thought of. It doens't work as good as Fantastico as you have to create your own databases. It just installs the files, but not create the database and etc.
cyan45
You are mistaken, n0ob; I used Installatron on my last host and it did create databases. It even manages backups. Overall, a useful add-on.