FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

WoW

Clergy
Hey there all... Don't mind the user-name... it's the name of our guild on World of Warcraft. Actually, until I can get the Linux box up and running for a personal hosting box, the reason I came here is to host the guild Webpage. I actually wasn't expecting a plethora of interesting topics in the forums.

Anyway, back to WoW.

Anyone here play? If so, what server? We are on the Maelstrom server and are a guild of all healing classes (hence the name), Druids, Priests, and Paladin.

If anyone's interested in this fun and yet, somehow functional endeavour, let me know. Smile
anhstar
Hm! I do play WOW or must I say, had been playing WOW.
Not much time these days.

But really?!? A healers guild? I hope you take some random warriors with you in high instance.
Clergy
anhstar wrote:
Hm! I do play WOW or must I say, had been playing WOW.
Not much time these days.

But really?!? A healers guild? I hope you take some random warriors with you in high instance.

I played on Eonar for some long time.. then took a 4 month break from the game. Back in it pretty heavy now... damned addiction. hehe

As for the warriors, the guild is new (highest level is 42 atm). BUt already have 67 members. When you think about it... we don't really need to. We have a good balance of Priests, Paladin, and Druids... so we have our healers, tanks, and DPS if need be (not everyone specs healing... those are just the classes we allow). But on the others hand, we have about 6 guilds who want to ally with us so we are taking the time to observe each of them before we choose. The purpose being for end-game content.

The cool thing about all the members of the guild is that no one is focused near as much on endgame as they are on the purpose of the guild. SO far, I've been lucky to find really mature players (even the teenagers have been exceptionally mature about the guild). I know their focus will change come end-game, but I am ok with that. By then (actually within the next week or so), we will have chosen an ally guild.

Usually, I am against ally guilds because they never seem to work. However, I have stated our purpose to each of the other GLs and let them know where we stand and what we would require and how it would have to operate for it to work (even in an RP sense-Maelstrom is RP/PvP server). They all seem very cool and excited for it. So wish us luck. Smile
comsci18
i like Warcraft and sure i still like WoW too
but it difficult to play
Clergy
comsci18 wrote:
i like Warcraft and sure i still like WoW too
but it difficult to play

Difficult? Howso? I think the interface is rather easy to get used to and the quests are pretty simple, for the most part. The difficulty really kinda lies in the balancing of professions while still trying to maintain gold for training. hehe...

But if you ever want a hand, roll a healer on Maelstrom. We have a couple people who are completely new to MMOs in general and everyone's pretty patient with em, helping out when possible.
asmiller08
I play it too (22 shammy on gorgonnash server, 60 mage on tanaris)

i used to play Everquest, but WoW completely blows it away in every aspect. Pvp is much better in WoW. I remember in everquest you'd have to spend 45 minutes just medding after a battle... wow that sucked. Battleground is a lot of fun - I play every day. I can't wait for the new expansion so I can grow my alt to level 70.
galaxy68
I like WOW so!
Clergy
asmiller08 wrote:
I play it too (22 shammy on gorgonnash server, 60 mage on tanaris)

i used to play Everquest, but WoW completely blows it away in every aspect. Pvp is much better in WoW. I remember in everquest you'd have to spend 45 minutes just medding after a battle... wow that sucked. Battleground is a lot of fun - I play every day. I can't wait for the new expansion so I can grow my alt to level 70.

I didn't like EQ, actually. I think I played for like a week before cacelling. hehe... I do like WoW though. I thnk my two favs are WoW and SWG (which I would like to pick up again). Played CoH for a while and wouldn't mind checking that out again too..

Yeah. I am looking forward to the expansion as well. I can start playing my two 60s again.

I have a 60 Troll rogue on Eonar (Craeft).
And a 60 Gnome Warlock on Shadow whatever server. Can't remember his name. Haven't played him in a while.
Have a 48ish NE druid on Earthen Ring. Waiting for a friend to catch up before I play him anymore.

Then I have Faeroth (35 Human Priest) on Maelstrom (check out http://clergy.frih.net/index.html).

Not to mention the countless number of random ALTs I play just to try out the other classes and spec balancing and all that. Never been a fan of test servers.

I am not a big PvPer. The mentality I have encountered with the majority (though not all) of PvPers is... less than gratifying. I would place it somewhere between that of a cabbage and a twinkie. But Battleground is fun. Reminds me of Unreal2.

The only real problem I see with Maelstrom is MASS amounts of ganking. This irritates me. I made a guild rule that anyone caught ganking will be demoted. If it continues, they will be exiled. People play to have fun. Not to be trying to do quests and have others who are skulls sitting in wait to gank... or what happens to me... rogues of equivalent level range sitting in wait for me to get into battle with a mob, wait until my health is low, then attack. These are rogues. I am a priest. I wear cloth and have the AC of wet toilet paper. Do they really need to wait for me to be near-death? I think not. hehe..

But yeah... that's pretty much been my experience with PvP.
orc_lord
yes, it's a good game..
kevin
I quit playing just 3 weeks ago. I had a lvl 60 paladin and 60 warrior and after the paladin nerf (=making something weaker) and the fact that warriors were getting nerfed AGAIN finally made me decide that it was time to quit.

I was on Sunstrider, EU btw.
Jamatu
You host your own WoW server?
Raijenki
I love World of Warcraft and Everquest ~~
The only bad things is because it's 2-3gb to download o.O
mtoni
I had played WoW for a long time....
i stopped because I don't think gameplay is worth the price anymore...
I just can't play it for just the fun with everyone getting their end set gear