FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Colors

TheNEC
Colors are what makes or breaks a site. A variety of colors, kept non-tacky, will draw the site readers eye. If you have a certain topic in which you want read, try to use a flashy, but yet readable color, such as dark blue or red. Yellow and pink are way too hard to read. Also, use a nav bar on every single page, to make the visitor a feeling of control and a good sense of direction. Ive made a few site, and I like to use the sort of fark.com theme. I have different buttons for different type of stories. If you have any comments on this, please reply
misterdimiz
Thanks for the tips. Wink
ocalhoun
You can apply this concept to your frihost posts as well
However, do not do this overmuch
boocherry
Also never use a black background with white text. Despire the contrast it is one of the toughest combinations to read.
eday2010
It's also a good general design rule to avoid using primary colours (pure red, green, blue) too much. Offtones of these colours and other colours are good. Something that is noticable but doesn't pop out all vibrant and blinding. Also, it's a good rule to not design stuff using a flat panel monitor since they display colours differently (brighter, less contrast, etc). Always best to use a CRT montior. A GOOD CRT monitor.
shabda
Quote:
Also never use a black background with white text. Despire the contrast it is one of the toughest combinations to read.

Oh so that was the reason I hated going to school! They used white chalk on a black board.