FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Final Fantasy Series

Which final fantasy game was the best yet?
Final Fantasy 10
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Final Fantasy 9
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Final Fantasy 8
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Final Fantasy 7
44%
 44%  [ 13 ]
Final Fantasy 6
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Final Fantasy 5
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Final Fantasy 4,3,2,or 1
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 29

Rolla76
The best games ever made. My Favourites are 5, 9 and 10.
Johnman239
My favorites would have to be 7, 10, and 10-2
ekimrafget
I only played the 3rd but I from what my friends say is that the new the better they are.
Hayloe
Final Fantasy 8 was my favorite hands-down, I have played all but the first two and dont really plan on it. The first final fantasy title i played was Final fantasy 3 and it was amazing, still one of the best RPG's out there if you ask me.
AgenthHero
For me, all the games are the same, pretty cool, but i would go with 7
Lisianthus
7.... and i think 12 will be awesoommmeee
Monkeydog
The two that are saying three...you mean three SNES in america right?
That'd be FF6...

My favorite is FFVI...never played the first three.
IV and V are pretty solid too. I absolutely dispise FFVIII/X/X-2. FFVII was okay but waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy to overrated...and FFIX was pretty good. FFT is probably one of the best out of the series though, even if it doesn't count >.>
SilverDogg
i voted for ff6, by which i mean ff3/6. the ONLY good final fantasy game Wink
althalus
SilverDogg wrote:
i voted for ff6, by which i mean ff3/6. the ONLY good final fantasy game Wink
Ditto! I've played a few others that I liked, but ff3/6 is the absolute best of the lot.
Cream
My Favourites are either 7 or 6. I don't really like any of the other old ones, and I got bored of FFX, but FF7 and 6 kept me hooked till the end.
Alienz
Final Fantasy 7 and 8 are my favorites. Love the story in FF7.
galaxy68
I like the 8
TeK
I liked the first 5. After that Final Fantasy pretty much fell off a cliff
bcnhs81
FFVIII was my 1st FF game. and man!! wat a first time!!. I really got hooked after that.. so my vote goes to FFVIII.. yeah.. Lionheart Lives on..
burzum
my personal favourite is 8 because of Squall mainly...although i quiet liked 10
jarcelao
i'd go for final fantasy 8...
Kelcey
My favorites are 4,6,7, and 9. My least favorites have to be 5,2, and 8.
Hanpusu-kun
FF3/6 is absolutely the best in series.
I love it
Revvion
I haven't played them all but i like 7 the most and 8 is a close second.
Raijenki
All...
But, for PS1 I prefer the FF7
For PS2 I prefer the XI

^^
dragonflame
sorry to be bit off topic, but I just saw advent children, and it really rocked. Wish theyd make something similar for ff8
Monkeydog
dragonflame wrote:
sorry to be bit off topic, but I just saw advent children, and it really rocked. Wish theyd make something similar for ff8

It wasn't that great, it had a pretty bad story. Last Order is pretty cool though.

FFVI had a rockin' villian. NO ONE beats Kefka in being an evil little bastard. Plus, Dancing Mad is so much more better than One Winged Angel.
Also, compared to the other FF's, VI had the most likeable characters...Locke, Terra, Sabin, Edgar, Cyan, Celes...etc...
*runs off to play FFVI*
squeakypants
Monkeydog wrote:
dragonflame wrote:

It wasn't that great, it had a pretty bad story. Last Order is pretty cool though.

FFVI had a rockin' villian. NO ONE beats Kefka in being an evil little bastard. Plus, Dancing Mad is so much more better than One Winged Angel.
Also, compared to the other FF's, VI had the most likeable characters...Locke, Terra, Sabin, Edgar, Cyan, Celes...etc...
*runs off to play FFVI*

i completely agree. of what i've played (best to worst)

1. 6
2. 4
3. 5 & 9 (tie)
4. 10
5/aslowaspossible. 7

seven is the worst ff out of the 6 i've played. advent children did look cool, but 7's storyline is just so horrible and the gameplay is just boring. when will people get out of this "graphics is the best part of games" whackoff. 7 sucks, 3d does nothing. I'll play super mario (for super nintendo) over halo. I'll play mario64 over any platform game. I'll play just about anything over ff7.
Monkeydog
No FF, other than FFXI, has ever been 3D.

=D

Yeah, but 3D does nothing...there are plenty of better looking 2D games...like:

Lunar
Chrono Trigger
FFVI
Yoshi's Island
Gunstar Heros
Sonic

etc...etc...
sub
i loved ff7, best storyline of any FF so far. (it was also the first FF i played).

my other favourites would include 5, 8, and 10. 3 was good as well, but i never got around to finishing that one.

i thought 9 was a complete shocker. it was fun for a while, but...yeah. it just wasn't what i expected after 7 and 8.

ff12 looks good. i'll be getting that one when it comes out (IF it comes out...damn square continually delaying the release Evil or Very Mad)

anyone know what happened to dirge of cerberus? i heard they scrapped it, but i don't trust my source for that bit of info...

sub
Monkeydog
It keeps getting pushed back. and FFXII is supposed to be a even more disgraceful then the other new FF games. I trust Penny-Arcade. ^^
kaikou
I loved FF9. 10's main character annoyed me. Anyone else?

I haven't played any of the other FF games and probably won't any time soon.
MonkeyWrench
the whole aspect of final fantasy sucks, its boring, its lame, its everything u dont want in a game.
blackomen12
ALRIGHT!! I just pushed FFVII over the edge, and in the lead! LOL, FFVII was way better than FFVIII or FFIX. The Materia was a good thing. In FFVIII I don't like the Junction system. And I never even finished FFIX.
Monkeydog
MonkeyWrench wrote:
the whole aspect of final fantasy sucks, its boring, its lame, its everything u dont want in a game.

Mabye the newer ones, but VI was awesome.
kain
They're all amazing but my vote goes to 7...
votd
I think all was awesome, but I casted vote on FF10 because I'm actually play it Smile.
Still, I think FF7 is better, because of its storyline and overall atmosphere.

Though, FFX-2 was a little cash-collector. Still I am big fan of FF and I think it's the best ever made Smile
Kelcey
Uh... why are the last ones all in a group?
jeffleo
All is good... Won't vote for any in particular. All kudos go to enix! ^_^
votd
Will ever Square return to FF? x_x
Enix sucks! They stole FF license to make good cash and stupid goats of gamers Mad

FFX-2 was good, but what of FFXII? I am sure that it won't be excellent, particulary, I don't have any faith of what SE is doing now, everyone from FF Team ran from Enix to the Hinorobu Sakaguchi's company .
BlackMask
My favorites would have to be 7, 10, and 10-2
jeffleo
I though square enix and soft are basically the same co. -.- just a change of name no?
Monkeydog
votd wrote:
Will ever Square return to FF? x_x
Enix sucks! They stole FF license to make good cash and stupid goats of gamers Mad

FFX-2 was good, but what of FFXII? I am sure that it won't be excellent, particulary, I don't have any faith of what SE is doing now, everyone from FF Team ran from Enix to the Hinorobu Sakaguchi's company .

What the hell are you talking about? Square pretty much took over ENIX, not the other way around...
cheatonmaps
7 was the best. I think the worst was 1 by far.