FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

l killed myspace on my school's network!!!

KHO
WOOOTT!!! Finally, l got access to the admin controls on my schools network, and the first thing l did to leave my mark, l killed myspace!!!! YESSS no longer will l walk into the lab to see 90% of the computers w/ myspace on the screen!!! YESSSSS!!!! l ran singing through the halls and a few people joined me, but most everyone else was ready to stone me, it was awesome.
hayley
Now, that's just hateful.
KHO
but myspace is CRAP!!
Patty
lol congrats, guys do that all the time at my school, my grade is always getting called over to explain what happend, and its always the same kid! Its soo funny Razz
php_wizard_l33t
I'm confused, are you talking about MySpace as in MySpace.com?

If you are, it's back online and I'm able to use it.
52tease
This kid made it impossible to get to myspace.com in his school (by controlling the internet filter I suppose).

I don't condone the action, but I certainly appreciate it. I can't handle myspace. It is impossible to read anyone's page.

All you do is 'collect' people you've never met before. It doesn't make much sense to me, but I know a lot of people who love it.

I guess I'll go back and check it out again someday...
Confused
iluvszilardnemeth
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sod being politically correct!

Congrats! You brought down, albeit temporarily and in a localised area, one of the most annoying fads on the net!

Brownie points to you - i'd donate some Frih$ but... nah lol Wink
[FuN]goku
i hate the comps at my tech lab.. theyre all dells and.. they have novell on them. its gay
Johnman239
o_0

all of the computers at my school are dells and have novell...

here's a fun tip for novell, open the advanced settings and disable the run script check box, that makes it so the scripts that run to disable the access stuff don't run, allowing you to do whatever the hell you want... or at least thats how it is at my school
[FuN]goku
Johnman239 wrote:
o_0

all of the computers at my school are dells and have novell...

here's a fun tip for novell, open the advanced settings and disable the run script check box, that makes it so the scripts that run to disable the access stuff don't run, allowing you to do whatever the hell you want... or at least thats how it is at my school
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil time to have some fun at lunch time Razz
tribetalk
KHO wrote:
WOOOTT!!! Finally, l got access to the admin controls on my schools network, and the first thing l did to leave my mark, l killed myspace!!!! YESSS no longer will l walk into the lab to see 90% of the computers w/ myspace on the screen!!! YESSSSS!!!! l ran singing through the halls and a few people joined me, but most everyone else was ready to stone me, it was awesome.

Wow thats perfect! I hate that and I am in college. I think they are the gayest things ever made. Any guy who makes them and is like " Call Me " Seriously has problems.

And some of my ****** friends actully made them on my teachers and made fun of them! Exclamation
Eyre
well, myspace sucks. and they deserved it.
KHO
glad to see l'm not the only one that hates them. the site wouldn't be so bad, if, it weren't so wildly popular! when l walk into the computer lab all l see is stupid myspace, bah it's such crap!
izcool
It's quite popular for schools to use Novell on their computers. My current school used it for a few years and over the summer they got rid of it and finally did some work on getting every student individual accounts. They use some program to monitor what you're doing, it's called LANSchool Student. Search Google for the name and you'll find what it's about. The teacher can lock out the computers to get attention, disable Internet access, take control of a computer, etc. Sucks as it shows up as a table on her computer so she can watch what we're doing. Sad

I guess in a way my school's security system improved a notch, but as a student who loves computers, it sucks. Sad

- Mike.
Neo7
No fair!

My school is the uptight and strick kind. They use Macs and scan your logs every 3 mins and logs what programs you use. It's like next to impossible to surf the web there.

Yes...I hate macs...with a passion
thiamshui
Hmm.. most schs seem to lock their students out of everything.. I oso managed to got admin controls in my sch.. leaked by teacher..
izcool
It's actually quite funny because I done some backend-related stuff in my day with school computers, lol, which I could have gotten into really deep trouble for too. Lots to tell but I shouldn't bother as people might get crazy ideas. I'm not like that any more since it can be put on my permanent record, which I don't want to happen to me.

- Mike.
matt87
Has anyone ever try to navigate through MySpace? Its one of the worst web sites ever made and people are hooked. I made one becuase people wouldn't stop bugging me to make one. Its like keeping a journal you have to update and check messages and its just too much to handle unless you got tons of time. For people who have work and other things to do it not possible.

Most schools already have MySpace blocked and its good because the amount of temp space it takes up because of billion pics they have. I did notice that when MySpace is on a public computer it makes the computer go slower.
tingkagol
I really don't have much hate against myspace. It's really a nice promotion ground for indie music (myspace music).

One would probably hate myspace because of its users. It's all too obvious that it's just a huge popularity game on the net, especially for those who have no idea how to create a personal website. Most of these people are color blind, I mean, please if you want to edit the css codes, do it properly.
lockwolf
Yeah at my school they block myspace then everybody finds a way around the filter then they block that way then they find another way until its all blocked. I just dont feel like going on it at school, its kinda lame.

Neo7 wrote:
My school is the uptight and strick kind. They use Macs and scan your logs every 3 mins and logs what programs you use. It's like next to impossible to surf the web there.

lol Macs, Why not Linux? Linux could totally screw up anyone surfing on myspace.