FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dragon Quest VIII vs. Magna Carta

Scaramanga
Anyone have any pros and/or cons on these two games? I'm really up in the air. On one hand DQ VIII has got fairly good reviews and the FFXII demo comes with it. On the other hand Magna Carta: Tears of Blood (deluxe) has great art and the Hyung Tae Kim Artbook/strategy guide (that and it's an Atlus title, which means it's very likely not going to stay on shelves long.)

Anyone had any experience with either or (preferrably) both of these games?
driftingfe3s
I ordered a free demo of Dragon Quest. I played it an I thoguth it was pretty good. Becuase I'm low on cash I'm going to try and convince my brother into buying it. I let my friend borrow the demo as well, and he bought a copy of the game a few days after the game came out. The game is pretty long too, 90 hours or so, from what I've heard. That great to keep you busy for a while.
Scaramanga
driftingfe3s wrote:
The game is pretty long too, 90 hours or so, from what I've heard.

This is GOOD news indeed. I'm sadly, still playing through FFX, and it's irritating the snot out of me. The actualy gameplay vs. cutscenes ratio is driving me up the wall. And I've heard that Xenosaga was even worse (I own it but haven't even played it yet.)
Kelcey
Magna Carta has really nice graphics. Dragon Quest got better reviews overall. I heard Magna Carta's story is paced too slow and the fighting sucks. You can watch a video review at gametrailers.com