FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best antivirus software?

What's the best antivirus software?
Norton
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
AVG
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
McAfee
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Avast
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Panda
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

llsanderll
It's possible that there's already a post like this one, but I couldn't find a poll, so...
So far I've tried:
- Norton, but it made my computer slow
- AVG but it s*cks to scan your computer, because everytime he finds something, you have to choose 'remove' or 'repair' or 'move to quarantaine' or whatever... So you couldn't perform an AFK scan...
- McAfee which I use right now, seems to do very well

But maybe you share another opinion?
matt87
I have tried KasperSky and it works really good. My friend tried a test to see which program can handle better so he tested out quite a few programs and saw that KasperSky worked out better. Here is the web site if anyone is interested http://www.kaspersky.com/
roko
Tried all MacAffe very extensive...but slowed things down to a crawl they have good internet security software but u really need to work with the firewall access settings. reviewed few rankings and Trend Micro and Panda have one of the best detection rates and low CPU usage. AVG is good cheap substitute have used for more than 2 yrs and not much issues..and really dosent slow my machine down much. U can do free online scans with that at Panda and Trend Micro...though trend micro's scan much better. Good Luc Wink k
Freezon
I currently Use NOD32. It has an advanced warning system and even detects infected files before the download begins, and if not caught then you can be assured it is caught before it is ran. I use to use Norton but it is a system hog, using up most of my CPU and making me wait for over 2 hours. NOD32 takes under an hour on my system, which is 160GB and I currently use about 45GB.

Also it has many options, like to ask what to do with an infected or to simply auto delete and backup. I recommend this AV and it even has a 30 day trial if interested -> www.nod32.com
Clergy
llsanderll wrote:
It's possible that there's already a post like this one, but I couldn't find a poll, so...
So far I've tried:
- Norton, but it made my computer slow
- AVG but it s*cks to scan your computer, because everytime he finds something, you have to choose 'remove' or 'repair' or 'move to quarantaine' or whatever... So you couldn't perform an AFK scan...
- McAfee which I use right now, seems to do very well

But maybe you share another opinion?

I use AVG and actually really like it. You can perform an AFK scan, but you have to set it up for it... the easiest way to do this is to just have a scheduled scan.

The one I actually recommend to clients, however, is PC-Cillin. And I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend to STAY AWAY from Norton and McAfee. They are both worms, by definition and both DEVOUR resources. And when it's time to uninstall them, know your way around your registry.

heh... I am a little passionate about that, can you tell?

Anyway... if you don't like AVG, give PCCillin a shot. You can go to Trendmicro's homepage and try a sample from there.
mark
Yes, there is a post on this.
Alienz
I used NOD32. I think its very got anti-virus program. It also use not much resources.
PedroAntonio
I think you should have left a Others option to vote, because I think, like matt87, Karspersky (a.k.a. "the Russian" Wink) is the best, but way too expensive to use at home, and more if there are a very good free alternative: AVG.

On my job we used to install Panda or Norton (both licensed), but they slowed too much down the PCs, so after using a few shareware options, we decided to buy "the Russian", and we did not buy Nod32 because of the money we had to invest (way more expensive).

From the ones that you asked I prefer AVG with no doubt.
engalex
put in ur system
norton+antivirus+spydoctor
u be gooooooooooooooodddddd

Laughing
matt87
Right now I am using McAffee but it expired so I need to get a new program might be getting KasperSky. PedroAntonio refered it to "The Russian".
gnomme
i use symantec corporate. its very strong and doesn't consume too much memory
gh0stface
There is already a similar thread to this located at http://frihost.com/forums/vt-2979.html

Please do a search next time to make sure you don't end up making a duplicate thread. Smile

-Locked-