FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast

bkatz
Anyone play this game?

Just borrowed it from my friend, its surprisingly good for a game from 2002. Lightsaber battles are fun. Laughing

The single player was ok, but multiplayer is what makes it shine. Are there any other jedi knight games out besides this one and the first one?
Scaramanga
There was Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. Playwise, it's pretty much like Jedi Outcast, but you have the ability to customize your character AND construct your own lightsaber. I think it came out too soon after Jedi Outcast though, and it got mediocre reviews (it's basically more of the same.)

But I agree, the multiplayer in Outcast is superb. Even my WIFE agreed to play against me, if it meant she could wield a lightsaber. Very Happy
bkatz
Scaramanga wrote:
There was Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. Playwise, it's pretty much like Jedi Outcast, but you have the ability to customize your character AND construct your own lightsaber. I think it came out too soon after Jedi Outcast though, and it got mediocre reviews (it's basically more of the same.)

But I agree, the multiplayer in Outcast is superb. Even my WIFE agreed to play against me, if it meant she could wield a lightsaber. Very Happy

Very Happy So which do you think is better, Oucast or Academy?
ocalhoun
There is a sequence here:
The original: Dark Forces (DOS game)
It's Sequel: Academy
It's Sequel: Outcast

I have all 3!
bkatz
ocalhoun wrote:

I have all 3!

I remember dark forces, used to have that on my old 350 MHZ box.. Laughing decent game..
ocalhoun
That's nice, I couldn't ever get dark forces to work.
asmiller08
Jedi Outcast is one of my favorite star wars games. I still havn't purchased Jedi Academy, but I downloaded the demo and its pretty slick. You can use dual lightsabers, two-sided lightsabers as well as a single lightsaber. Other than that, the gameplay didnt seem much different, but why change such a great game? Lightsaber combat is a lot of fun, and it works great in the Jedi Knight games.
Yjaxygames
Jedi Outcast was good, but Jedi Acedmy was better.
Scaramanga
ocalhoun wrote:

I have all 3!

I'm going to be nitpicky for a second here, but Outcast came out before Academy (Outcase was released March 28, 2002 and Academy was released September 6, 2003.)

Here's the complete series:
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
RavenCross
COntrolling Kyle Katarn was so nice.. and the ability to wield the force ROCKS!!.. the storyline's also good.. but wat really impressed me is the multiplayer mode.. yeah its great especially during lightsaber battles.. its somewhat mindless but a hell lot of fun hacking,slashing,jumping around aimlessly..

i havent played academy yet but i think im gonna try it.. hmmm i wonder if its stil available here in my fave store
Scaramanga
RavenCross wrote:
i havent played academy yet but i think im gonna try it.. hmmm i wonder if its stil available here in my fave store

Even if you can't you could probably order it online for SUPER cheap, considering how long it's been out.