FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How much do frihost allow?

Mark999111
hey

Im thinking of creating a site, just a personal random one with tonnes of crap on it Very Happy

Do friost allow slightly extremish videos? Nothing major, but for example - girl fights? If i were to post a video or 2 of girl fights or just fights would my account get deleted or suspended?
Thanks
Devil
i dont think the content that u want to put will be a problem ,

but the streaming will take up a lot of bandwidth and u will just kill the server for other freehosters too Confused
Bondings
Devil wrote:
but the streaming will take up a lot of bandwidth and u will just kill the server for other freehosters too Confused

Streaming doesn't generate cpu-usage, only bandwidth, so that really shouldn't be a problem.

However, about the girl fights ... I don't think that would be a good idea. Certainly if you mention the 'extreme'.
Devil
Bondings wrote:
Devil wrote:

Streaming doesn't generate cpu-usage, only bandwidth, so that really shouldn't be a problem.

However, about the girl fights ... I don't think that would be a good idea. Certainly if you mention the 'extreme'.

u know what will happen if he posts that video on a popular site ?

our whole bandwidth will be drained within minutes
Mark999111
Devil wrote:
Bondings wrote:
Devil wrote:

u know what will happen if he posts that video on a popular site ?

our whole bandwidth will be drained within minutes

There is a bandwidth limit Wink Wink

Quote:
However, about the girl fights ... I don't think that would be a good idea. Certainly if you mention the 'extreme'

As for that, it isnt that extreme, infact i wouldnt even class ti as extreme! No blood, no gore, just 2 girls slapping each other and rolling about a bit Very Happy
Bondings
Mark999111 wrote:
As for that, it isnt that extreme, infact i wouldnt even class ti as extreme! No blood, no gore, just 2 girls slapping each other and rolling about a bit Very Happy

Now I got you. If it's not extreme, then what's so interesting about it? Wink

If it's really not too extreme, then yes it's allowed.

However, a second thought, they aren't situated in some kind of warm climate causing them to were no clothes or only a few, right?
php_wizard_l33t
Hopefully they are... *cough* aren't *cough*.

Wink Embarassed
Hobbit
Why don't you just host it with putfile.com? And just get a screenshot of the video, and use it on your website. I was going to put videos too but nah, putfile.com is sweet and doesn't waste bandwidth.
n0obie4life
Bondings wants the clothes on. At least the bra and the panties.
ekimrafget
what I would do is use putfile
n0obie4life
We don't allow links to them either./
Devil
<There is a bandwidth limit Wink Wink >

i know there is a limit , but sometimes it can be over used , its just like over selling , becarefull where u post that video

[/quote]
Daniel15
Devil wrote:
...its just like over selling...

Now, I'm sure that FriHost definately aren't overselling Wink

But I know what you mean about the server slowing down. Just think of it this way: Say for example, that FriHost is on a 10Mb/s port (I'm not sure what type of network connection the server has, so I'm just guessing). Now, what if 100 people come to your site and start streaming a 50MB video at the same time? These people would be using up the server's entire bandwidth (especially if there on a fast internet connection), so nobody else could access their website (or they could access it really slowly).
n0obie4life
I'm sure Frihost can't oversell as Bondings pays as the bandwidth usage goes up.

1gb = ? USD$

And, daniel15, if you really want to know the speed, Frihost is hosted at Savvis in the US. So, how fast is that?
Mark999111
daniel15 wrote:
Devil wrote:

..50MB video at the...

50MB?!?! lol any videos i post will be about 5MB, probably less. Plus, what type of freehost would this be if im not allowed to post videos or anything?? Rolling Eyes If i destroy frihost, i will take responsibility for it. Until then...
Bondings
daniel15 wrote:
Devil wrote:

Now, I'm sure that FriHost definately aren't overselling Wink

But I know what you mean about the server slowing down. Just think of it this way: Say for example, that FriHost is on a 10Mb/s port (I'm not sure what type of network connection the server has, so I'm just guessing). Now, what if 100 people come to your site and start streaming a 50MB video at the same time? These people would be using up the server's entire bandwidth (especially if there on a fast internet connection), so nobody else could access their website (or they could access it really slowly).

Frihost is on a 10Mb port. And it is more than enough for all websites. If the server slows down, then most of the time it's the cpu. Wink
Daniel15
Mark999111 wrote:
daniel15 wrote:
Devil wrote:

..50MB video at the...

50MB?!?! lol any videos i post will be about 5MB, probably less. Plus, what type of freehost would this be if im not allowed to post videos or anything?? Rolling Eyes If i destroy frihost, i will take responsibility for it. Until then...

Yeah, I was exaggurating a bit, but it was just so you could see my point Very Happy
dan751
Also, did you record them yourself?? Or did someone else? Essentially, what I'm asking, is do you have the copyright? Because, you're not supposed to upload them to Frihost if you don't. It's practically the same rule as MP3's, I think. Bondings, what's your opinion on this??
Devil
it doesnt matter if he has the copyrights or not ,

what matters is the content which he is uploading should not be copyrighted by someone else Laughing
shabda
Quote:

What does that mean. Obviously I can put up a link to any (legal) site/document/file?
Daniel15
shabda wrote:
Quote:

What does that mean. Obviously I can put up a link to any (legal) site/document/file?

They don't want you to link to illegal stuff, like warez or the like.

Links to 100% legal sites are allowed.