FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rush!

tama_drumster
Hey, if you guys want to listen to some great musicianship check out the new dvd set that Rush just released! I love that band! They are so classic rock, I grew up listening to them so you could say that I am a hard-core fan! I got a copy from umvd and the set is so awesome! It was shot in hi-definition tv so the quality is amazing, the first disk is their live concert from Frankfurt in 2004 and the second disk has other performances from both the 70's and their performance in the hurrican relief concert. If you're fan you will absolutely love this, take a look and let me know what you think,
http://www.noblepr.co.uk/Press_Releases/sanctuary/rush_r30.htm
pencapchew
rush owns, neil peart is a tight drummer
quinman22
Man rush's lead singer is like the best, but he sings so high. I'd try and sing along, but I just can't do it. I like Tom Sawyer.
Marston
Rush are Canadian, right?
SunburnedCactus
Marston wrote:
Rush are Canadian, right?

Yeah. They're also seriously amazing.

Cool Cool
Marston
Duh, anything Canadian is seriously amazing.

Especially Me.
MetallianRose
If I'm thinking of the same band you are a talking about, I'd agree that they are awesome.
Does Rush sing Tom Sawyer?
Petee
Rush is in my opinion only the best band there is. What they can do, with only three people, it's fantastic. Geddy Lee, man, that guy can play the bass, and his singing is awesome too!

Some of my favorite songs by them are-
Fly By Night, Freewill, 2112 (the whole thing Razz), Lime Light

Btw, yes, they do Tom Sawyer.
.you.make.my.heart.happy.
go rush!!!!!!!!!!! they are such a kick ass band!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Razz
dan751
Rush? Now let me think about that.....

Rush, is the absolute best group I have ever heard, they're also my most favorite band.

Neil Peart: Quite possibly the world's greatest drummer ever.
Geddy Lee: A man of many talents, I mean c'mon, how many people can play the bass guitar, manipulate synthesizers and sing, all at the same time, quite competently as well?
Alex Lifeson: A master guitarist, and a pioneer of electronic sounds.

(I made an English presentation on Rush, so I should know Laughing )
Magicman
YYZ is the best instrumental I have ever heard. Driven is another one of my favorite Rush songs.
ThornsOfSorrow
I know this thread is quite old, but considering that Rush is releasing their new album, "Snakes and Arrows", on May 1st, I think it's fair to resurrect it (and I didn't want to make a new Rush thread when this one already existed). Anyway, I know I'm not the only Rush fan here, as I've seen people praise certain members of the band in other threads. Does anyone else besides me have tickets to see them play on the upcoming tour? If so, did you get good seats? I can't be the only one who's excited about seeing this amazing band!
Esperanto
Where's the love for Spirit of Radio? Excellent song - amazingly structured and varied. There's a little progressive rock, metal, reggae, and also some Afro-Cuban inspired drum beats.

Excellent group.
Ozzy
Greatest Progressive Rock Band Ever!

I heard Rush are working on a new album, to be released this year... Is this true?

I sure hope so!

"Invisible airwaves crackle with life
Bright antennae bristle with the energy
Emotional feedback on timeless wavelength
Bearing a gift beyond price, almost free"
Esperanto
A new single is on the radio and the album "Snakes and Ladders" will be released on May 1st.
Pilot
I've heard the new single - Awesome.

Planning on getting tickets to see them in Minneapolis in September.... trying to convince the fiancee it would be a good honeymoon.
Srs2388
eww I hate rush the vocals are the worst IMO
ThornsOfSorrow
...I'm pretty sure that every Rush fan is tired of hearing people say that by now. I can't even wear my Rush shirt without someone randomly coming up to me and saying, "I hate his voice". It's only an internet forum and you're certainly entitled to your own opinion, so I'm not going to get too worked up about this, but I will say that I think it was really unnecessary for you to even post that. If you don't like the band, then don't click on the thread.

Anyway:
To add to what Esperanto already said, there's also a DVD version of "Snakes & Arrows" that will be released sometime after the CD. It's supposedly the same thing with better sound and some added goodies (and of course it can only be played on DVD players, computers, PS2, etc). I pre-ordered it, but I'm planning to buy the normal CD as well, simply because the release date of the DVD album keeps getting pushed back. Evil or Very Mad

@Esperanto: I loooove Spirit of Radio. That reggae section is actually my favorite part of the song; it just adds something...interesting, I guess. I really hope they play that when I see them live in a few months.
Esperanto
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:

@Esperanto: I loooove Spirit of Radio. That reggae section is actually my favorite part of the song; it just adds something...interesting, I guess. I really hope they play that when I see them live in a few months.

Live? Damn. Although I am seeing The Police in July, so I shouldn't be horribly jealous.

Anyways, if Rush had taken their music more in the direction of Spirit of Radio, there wouldn't have been such a lull in their career. It is a very well written song and it pays tribute to every genre which had inspired them. (as well as getting a few shots in at the Industry for being well... the Industry) Plus, it's just damn fun to listen and play along with.
Rosanova
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
I know this thread is quite old, but considering that Rush is releasing their new album, "Snakes and Arrows", on May 1st, I think it's fair to resurrect it (and I didn't want to make a new Rush thread when this one already existed). Anyway, I know I'm not the only Rush fan here, as I've seen people praise certain members of the band in other threads. Does anyone else besides me have tickets to see them play on the upcoming tour? If so, did you get good seats? I can't be the only one who's excited about seeing this amazing band!

Hi there,

Thanks for taking old topics like this up again. Rush is nero sophisticated high class lux Prograssive Rock music, that can't be made by others.

It's always exciting to hear news from that front, as they only getting better and better, and more tight playing.

I have everything with them without the latest DVD, but it seems like that it have to come into my collection in the near future.

Cheers!
Ozzy
I got their new album!

Amazing!!!
Three instrumentals!

So cool, they still got it and are still the best!
Kecos
Rush owns! Very Happy
ThornsOfSorrow
I agree with Ozzy about the new album; "Snakes & Arrows" is amazing! I know that there are still a lot of fans who will always crave for that older sound, but there are a lot of good songs on this album. The three instrumentals are all well-written and well-played, especially Malignant Narcissism, which has a very cool bass line. Also, I love how they seemed to experiment a bit by using a heavier sound on "Far Cry", "Spindrift", etc, and by recording some non-typical Rush songs, like "Hope". This album hasn't left my CD player since I bought it 6 days ago!
tingkagol
quinman22 wrote:
Man rush's lead singer is like the best, but he sings so high. I'd try and sing along, but I just can't do it. I like Tom Sawyer.

actually, the singer's the one that kinda spoils the rush experience.