FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Access via FTP seems cut sometimes

slashgrab
Hi,
I'm using this hosting for a bit less than half a month and I think it's the best one I ever got. Well still I've got one problem with FTP. I've got 2 computers at home (a laptop and a desktop) and both have installed FileZilla, CuteFTP and WS_FTP. When accessing FTP from the laptop (AV: Nod32) I always get it OK, it works great. However with desktop (AV: McAfee), sometimes I get connected to the server, but it doesn't go further than the "waiting for welcome message" or I get:
[quote=CuteFTP] *** CuteFTP 7.0 - build Jun 7 2005 ***

STATUS:> Host name ftp.slashgrab.frih.net resolved: ip = 216.32.85.170.
STATUS:> Connecting to FTP server ftp.slashgrab.frih.net:21 (ip = 216.32.85.170)...
ERROR:> The remote host actively refused the attempt to connect to it.
1) Verify that the destination server name or IP address is correct
2) Verify that the connection port number is correct (under Site Settings | Type tab).
3) The remote server may be temporarily or permanently inaccessible (try again later).
4) Verify that you have chosen the right protocol (SSH2, SSL, FTP, etc.) and have setup all required options for that protocol.
5) Verify that the destination IP address and port numbers are correct.
6) The remote server may be refusing multiple connections from the same client. Try using only one connection thread when connecting to this particular server (Site Settings | Options).
7) Try pinging the address.
Cool If you are using a router, verify the router is up and running (check by pinging it and then ping an address outside of the router).
9) Do a traceroute to the destination to verify all routers along the connection path are operational.
10) Verify that your subnet mask is setup properly.
11) Verify that your local software or hardware firewall is not blocking outbound connections originating from CuteFTP.
12) Verify that your anti-virus software is not at fault (try disabling it).[/quote]
I've realized that this happens with my old hosting too, so is there something I should set to be able to connect always with desktop too?
Thanks.
Bondings
It's most likely your antivirus or firewall. Try to disable them before you ftp and then look if it works or not.