FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

2 questions. ^_~

Dark_Jedi06
Ok, here's the deal, first, look at this fancy screenshot:

Now, how do I change what it says within that little red-box to say the name of my site, instead of it's address?

Second thing, I did a search for my site on google, and instead of saying the site title, it simply says "The Site", which is the first line of text on my nav bar. Anyone know how I could make so it appears as something like "The AoE III Resource". Along those same lines, when it lists the information after the title, it displays the text on my nav bar then goes onto the actually important information. If you don't know what I mean then look at this:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ruff_ryder
The page name can be set in the html code via the <title> tag.
As for the google lookup, it uses the <meta> tags, though I'm not sure which one exactly, look it up (on google Wink ).
Hope this helped!
n0obie4life
Code:
<html>
<head>
<title>My Webpage</title>
</head>
<body>
blahhhhhhhhhhh
</body>
</html>

That's for your first question. Have the <title></title> tags in the <head></head>.

this is the answer to your second question
nameless56
well, i can answer your first question, but not the second.

for the first, add a <title></title> tag into your head with whatever you want the title to be in between the tags.
tingkagol
Google automatically changes the site's name when you add the <title></title> tag.

...I think.

and if you want to edit the description, you could use the META tag.

...I think, again. Razz
Alie
It's very simple: first of all you must create <meta></meta> tegs for search engines. If you are using phpBB2, any kind of Nuke, VBulleting or other site muschules like theese, meta tags will be automaticaly fullfilled.
Than create <title></title> tag. It's the most important tag for search engines (site searching starts from title to meta!!!).
After you'll finish creating tags - register in search engine (like google). In registration form you write site name (in your picture it's The Site) and site description (in your example it's a text that you see after name of the site).
One more thing you need to know - how to enter to the first pages in site engine... After you enter any word in search engine - you'll resave a few pages with links. The place of your link depends on number of it's hosts! More people would enter to your site - the better place your link resave in search engine....