FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Symantec murdered Sygate Personal Firewall

donj
Today Symantec says that the stop the developement of Sygate Firewall, so that they can concentrate on their Norton firewall.

But Norton Firewall uses much more systemrecources, so now the best firewall (Sygate) is gone for ever.

http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/products/internet_security/npf2006/index.html
driftingfe3s
Sucks, I guess I'll go back to Outpost after I reformat my computer over my vacation.
Revvion
k so i will get straight to my question then where can i get a replacement for my free version of sygate firewall (a free one that works with internet sharing)
drpiga
The best replacement for sygate free firewall could be zonealarm free,because of the similar interface and functions are almost on the same place where you expect them..
Indyan
Yeah.I hate this kind of ploys from the big bosses.This is nothing but eliminating your competitors using money power.Thats why i get worried when a big company buys out a small individual /group of developer(s).
Ms did it,AOL did it and no Symantec.
GrimReaper77
Oh oh... it's started... Symantec acquires Sygate and begins integrating Sygate's software with its own - effectively killing Sygate's original software packages.

Sigh, and I do so love Sygate Personal Firewall's clean interface / low memory footprint.......

Time to move to another firewall!