FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Separators in image name on Linux/Unix servers

sonam
Hi,
I am on Windows and I don’t know which separators I can use in image names on Linux/Unix servers. Embarassed I cannot use dot or underline because this two separator I am using for something other. Can I write names like the-world.jpg. Any idea?

Sonam
ocalhoun
You can just use clever capitalization:
TheWorld.jpeg
this makes it easy to read and no worries.
Plus,LinuxAndUnixAreCase-SensitiveSoYouKnowThatTheseNamesWillWork.
See, it works fine. It can also save some inconsequentially small amount of space.
sonam
Thanks ocalhoun,

Quote:
Plus,LinuxAndUnixAreCase-SensitiveSoYouKnowThatTheseNamesWillWork.

I know that Linux and Unix are case sensitive. That is reason for my question. I haven’t idea how to parse with PHP trough names with capital letters. For example if I have My_sweet_home.jpg I can easy print out My sweet home like sign below image. Can I do the same with capital letters?

Hmmm, maybe preg_much function, I am not sure.

Sonam
Grimboy
I reckon that if you want to seperate it up you should use one of these and then use the explode() function.
sonam
Thanks Grimboy

I am checking this page. Great help. Yes I want explode names but before I know only two separator for UNIX and LINUX - dot and underline. In this moment I am finding out how to display names using preg_match function, but, on the end, I will see what is more useful in that case explode or preg_match.

Thanks to all Very Happy

Sonam