FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How would my site be?

Neo7
as in ratings...It's ment to be simple and 56k friendly.

ah...my bad
http://gdestiny.frih.net/boards/index.php
n0obie4life
A link would be nice Laughing
wistom
That's right very simple,
The speed is quick.
so very good for the people that the speed not very good.
kain
Pretty boring layout... Add more color. Make it darker maybe?
salman_500
what i think is that a gaming site has to be dark and more like a games room rather than a light and a quick opening and simple website....and people with a 56kb modem wont stay on a light and boring site because it opens quiclky..they'd rather go to a high class and high quality opening site....coz even modem system improves..
AG007
I dont know it is fast thats for sure. But there is no graphic content. Only one color two Smile . Put more color try to make it interesting. Cool

Look at mine: http://abco.frih.net/

I made all the graphics myself. Try to do something interesting.
52tease
You wanted simple, you did a good job. It is easy to read and navigate.

AG007, on the other hand, has one of those websites that makes me want to put on my shades before going any further.
budazz
its too simple....
AG007
52tease wrote:
You wanted simple, you did a good job. It is easy to read and navigate.

AG007, on the other hand, has one of those websites that makes me want to put on my shades before going any further.

Hey the website I am doing is for fun so I put anything I think off. Wink So... true, putting your shades will be a good idea because is going to be a wild ride. Cool HEHEHE. If I make a business website I will not make it like abco.frih.net, becuase it has to be easy to navigate, like in your website.

Happy coding. Think ....ah...if you can.
ocalhoun
Its great!
No matter what people tell you, light background makes your site more trustworthy. (just look at frihost)

Also, adding more mere decorations would slow it down to no purpose.
Neo7
The grey stylesheet is there for a reason.

As a member, you can select other colorful stylesheets and make your own (for some reason custom stylesheets won't work) but we do have others to select from.

That greyness you see is a neutral color to represent inactivity (thus being logged out) and will stay borring like that if you keep logged out.
galaxy68
Nice!!!!
Einargan
nice page man. keep programming Very Happy
DarkGoku
Neo7 wrote:
The grey stylesheet is there for a reason.

As a member, you can select other colorful stylesheets and make your own (for some reason custom stylesheets won't work) but we do have others to select from.

That greyness you see is a neutral color to represent inactivity (thus being logged out) and will stay borring like that if you keep logged out.
Heh, I keep it the boring color when I'm logged in. The others just don't seem as plain.
Neo7
Bleh...I perfer the GameFAQs stylesheet. The blue and light blue are nice on the eyes (compared to sites with heavy black or dark colors that cause severe red eye).

I think I found the problem with the custom stylesheets. I got lazy uploading all of the css files in the databae...once I get all of them, I think it might work.
Aki
I love the quick loading of your site and you have done a good job but like mentioned aboved one picture (logo etc.) won't hurt your site as it is a gaming site.
Richad6312
it would be nice.. Laughing
just will better ...
Neo7
I finally got around to creating a decent homepage...so far it only has three sections...news, boards, and affiliates...

http://gdestiny.frih.net/

Feedback please
lineagetoday
yoiur new blue layout looks 100% more attractive.. and appealing.. Your old forum looked too dull and boring .

great work!! looks pretty nice so far but you might wanna add a feature to let guests view posts to ahve a preview before deciding to join ur community or not
Neo7
lineagetoday wrote:
yoiur new blue layout looks 100% more attractive.. and appealing.. Your old forum looked too dull and boring .

great work!! looks pretty nice so far but you might wanna add a feature to let guests view posts to ahve a preview before deciding to join ur community or not

Sorry but if you want that color then you need to sign up...otherwise you get the horrid grey layout. The blue layout is only on homepage if you don't sign up.
silli
Why to be 56k friendly nowadays? I'm sure that people who are connecter with 56k modem are just like paying their bills or something. If someone surfs on messageboards i'm sure DSL would be much cheaper to them and the've probably figured it out by themselves too. Well it might be, that you find one 56k user in 1000 users of your site Rolling Eyes
Neo7
I plan on running a neverending RPG on my site though...adds some activiy for some people to do.

But It will have to wait untill next week...I have midterms comming up.