FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What do you use Laptop or Desktop?

What type of computer do you use?
Laptop
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Desktop
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
i just want to be stupid and say neither
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

supersonic
What type of computer do you use? Laptop or Desktop. whichdo you perfer
Dino
well, I`m using both, but i prefer laptops becouse of their size
desktop have better performance
Kd527
I mainly use my Apple iBook G4 (which is a laptop). I love it.
donj
I use an Acer TravelMate for my schoolwork. For schoolwork Acer is good, not for games Very Happy
Ratboy_71
Currently useing a desktop. Mainly due to it being easily upgraded and replaced parts. Also them laptop keyboard and mice really get on my nerves. It's just not natural i tell thee. But having said that a decent laptop would be nice since they nice for the old armchair computering in front of the telly with a cuppa coffee.
ocalhoun
If you put your desktop on your lap, is it still a desktop?

anyway, I use a jumble of interconnected parts (I have no case)
This allows for quick and easy hardware upgrading.

(yes I'm the one who voted "other")
Hikaru
I use a computer that's powered by a hamster running in a wheel, the faster he runs the better performance I get, I once injected the little guy with a hamster drug and he achieved 2800 MHz Very Happy

I use mainly a desktop, about 80% of the times. It is much easier to open up a desktop, replace parts, add in new parts, assemble back on, etc. Laptops are rather delicate and I wouldn't want to be messing with them.
KHO
Desktop, if l had wireless internet in my house, and wasn't afraid of taking apart a laptop and not being able to put it back together by myself, then l would so go for the portable life, but sadly, if's and but's will get me nowere.
Timmie24
I use both. Advantages of laptops and desktops are obvious and have been mentioned before, and depending on what I need a computer for, I choose between them.
Wireless networking however, made me use my laptop a lot more than before.
dcshoes23
I also use both. I use my notebook mostly but when I want to play games I use my desktop, I mostly use my laptop for school, so that's why I use it at home, I'm to lazy to transfer anything to the desktop and my laptop is pretty good.
Deji
Ive got an Acer Aspire 1362 laptop its getting a bit older now but still rocks..

well it runs Half Life 2 nicely so that keeps me happy.

I prefare laptops because ive got used to having a computer that i can sit and use in my bed / anywhere i want.

if i was going to buy something new id probably get a desktop as the real downside of a laptop is the fact that its so much harder to upgrade them.
roko
Laptop for work...Desktop...to Burn and scream thru my games...