FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Harry Potter

dtdojo2
ok ok I have to admit im making a topic about Harry Potter who went out of fashion 5 years ago but you have to admit the new movie is actually quite good considering they missed alot of stuff out
supersonic
The new movie is really the best one so far.
briareos
the latest in the series is the best for now, you have to admit that they did a great job on the introducing of the two new school. I, for myself, hadn't read the book, and found that the story were great. some people say that thay mist stuff but the overalll was great. a must see
brilliantbeauty
It was AWESOME! God, they sure know how to cast wonderful boys. *cough*Robert, Tom, and Rupert* The movie was very fast paced, and although it did miss many parts of the book, I loved it and it conveyed the story line very well. And the acting has gotten a bit better. MUST SEE! Very Happy
dhawal
Qudditch!Why did they leave the world cup match out??They made that amazing stadium and all and then didnt show the match at all!!
The_Kenifer
This was the best book by far so I think translating it into the movie was bound to make to best movie. Fair enough they missed a lot but with a 400-500 page book can anybody really be upset? The quality of book has gone along with the quality of the movies, as such I am not holding out a lot of hope for Order of the Phoenix. I will give them the benefit of the doubt but time will tell. Looking forward to Narnia at this point though
Scaramanga
So am I the only one who thought the movie was atrocious? I mean it's not so much what they left out, it was the EDITING of what was left in. I wager anyone who HASN'T read the books would be bloody lost after the first 30 minutes. Don't get me wrong, the movie was visually interesting, but the disjointed editing and lack of connectivity between scenes really just made this horrible. Also, the first scene of Harry in his bed, after he wakes up from the scar-dream/nightmare, there is NO bleedin' way that boy looks 14 anymore.

I recall an interesting review on NPR the other day, where the reviewer said something to the effect that the films are a great visual encyclopedia to the books, but they often don't stand well on their own.

Well, there's still (and there always will be) the books.
Raijenki
I watched HP 4, it's sucks...
Cho Chang is so ugly lol
I prefer Fleur Delacour
dhawal
In the first five minutes of the movie there was a major flaw.Wormtail says "Voldemort". Those who have read the book will know that very few characters dare to speak his name
sunrise
I haven't seen it yet, but the reaction has been similar in all the forums I visit. I guess leaving out some of the memorable parts in the books won't rest favourably with the die-hard fans, but you can't blame the director. He would have been forced to have a long, drawn-out movie, if he hadn't edited some of the scenes and taken out characters such as Dobby.
Scaramanga
sunrise wrote:
I haven't seen it yet, but the reaction has been similar in all the forums I visit. I guess leaving out some of the memorable parts in the books won't rest favourably with the die-hard fans, but you can't blame the director. He would have been forced to have a long, drawn-out movie, if he hadn't edited some of the scenes and taken out characters such as Dobby.

I don't really have an issue with the deletions, I have an issue with how the remaining footage was put together. The movie is confusing at best, and unintelligible at worst (and anyone who says otherwise has probably read the books and is mentally "filling in the gaps" that the movie's poor editing left out.)
elekis
Quote:

Cho Chang is so ugly lol
I prefer Fleur Delacour

+1 the chinese girl is fat. Fleur is good looking and I like too Hermione at the bal.
Quote:

Qudditch!Why did they leave the world cup match out??They made that amazing stadium and all and then didnt show the match at all!!

cause without quiddich the movie lasts (is it english???) 2h30 . if you add quiddich and dursley and others things ... I things it's to much (note in a first time, There were 2 movies for the goblet of fire) (sorry for the english)

the question is how they make for the sixth who has 940 pages . I think they will be 2 movies.

a++
mark
Yes, it is the best
matt.gagnon
Look, for starters, I have yet to read the fourth novel in the series, but from what I hear, it's basically a set-up novel for the others. Now, as such, a film adaptation of a transition novel cannot possibly be as good as any other full circle film. And it would seem my logic is correct. In no way was this film nearly as good as any of the other ones. At best, it's a run-of-the-mill medium effort on the part of the director and his screenplay writers. After all, who cares, right? It's a blockbuster any way you want to look at it...

That's what bothers me most about this film. It's only a showcase for the novel. That's it. The only problem with that is there are some elements that work well in literature that flop onscreen. Following the adventures of Harry only is one of them. What about the other characters? Are they not important enough? They barely had any lines in the film, which I found frustrating, essentially having it be another one-dimensional installment in the series. Actually, to explain myself a little better. The other films were unidimensional also, but at least they didn't show the audience any potential leads in the story. This film tried to do too much with too little time, despite the two and a half hour run time. This really should have been two films released a few months apart. Especially if this one sets the stage for the others.

Then again, what do I know right? I haven't even read the novel yet!
classv4
I think that movie is the best of the Harry Potter movies. The book is really nice too, but the movie is better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
windval
But I don't think HP4 is the best of another 3 movies,
I think HP1 is the best, and the 2nd is HP4
kv007
I don't know if it is the best movie out there, but I do feel that they did a fine job putting it together. The first time I saw it I didn't react very well to it, however, it seemed much better the second time around. Things fell into place and I was able to enjoy the film much more.
GTA
Raijenki wrote:
Cho Chang is so ugly lol
I prefer Fleur Delacour

why ?
anyway
if you don't have read the book so you will not understend notthink in this movie Rolling Eyes
hangnhu
I love the new movie, if only someone would go and watch it with me again Very Happy can't wait till book seven finish, then they can start making the movie too Razz when is HP5 gonna come out Laughing

elekis wrote:
Quote:

Cho Chang is so ugly lol
I prefer Fleur Delacour

+1 the chinese girl is fat. Fleur is good looking and I like too Hermione at the bal.
Quote:

cause without quiddich the movie lasts (is it english???) 2h30 . if you add quiddich and dursley and others things ... I things it's to much (note in a first time, There were 2 movies for the goblet of fire) (sorry for the english)
the question is how they make for the sixth who has 940 pages . I think they will be 2 movies.
a++

I'm sure it just have to leave a gilzillion things out, after all how longer is it gonna be 4hrs/5hrs? my cousins already complain that they had to watch with me for 2hrs too long, I have no understanding why they don't like Harry Potter, they're kids (well they're Viet Canadian Wink it seems because they don't wanna be white Embarassed sorry people for sounding racist, but you know it just seem really weird over here, it not very mix like London)
You think Cho Chang is ugly? I find her scotish (I hope it was scotist rite?) accent the oddest in the movie, she fine, off course she can't beat Hermione she looks stunning at the ball, I love the dress, Cho QiPao is really not the best of oriental stlye

Order of the Pheonix is 940pages???? how long was Goblet of Fire???? how long is Half Blood Prince
As you can see, I haven't read the bood, because I know it gonna be better than the movies (sorry it always the pattern) so I decide to read them, after I seen all the movies, beside I think it would make perfect bedtime stories for the kid (to be Razz )

I wanna see it again! I wanna see it again!
x0xilogikx0x
I saw this movie and it is the best of the Harry Potter's movie! i read the book and it's true: they missed a lot of stuff! Anyway i very like this movie
Alexduthoit
It's well one of the best film but I always prefer read one of the books! You can better use your imagination!
mckenneth
The movie was great , 2 thumbs up, pretty long too… about 2 and a half hours… i enjoyed watchin it… i thought I’d bee sleepin throughout the movie coz i didnt get to sleep the previous day… but i was wrong.. the movie kept me awake the whole time!… it gives you the sense of excitement… and yhess! I loved my cotton candy.. and a bucket of popcorn!

Cedric died… and it sucks… Ron and Malfoy as I noticed, didnt have that much part… and since I didnt read the book, I expected more interaction between Chao Chang and Harry which didnt happen! btw Chao Chang is pretty! I love the Yule Ball, the setting was great.. have to give credits to whoever did it… I didnt like Harry’s partner tho’ it shuldve been juz Chao Chang.. but this Cedric dude had her first! GggrrrhH…
leftofcenter
I personally wish they would have split it into two movies. Because I really, really wish they would have left SPEW in and gone into more detail about some things. For such a long and amazing book, they need to make accomodations. (And if I hear one more person complain about the kids getting too old, I'll smack them. Every show on the WB has twenty-somethings playing high school juniors.)

Now, with Order of the Phoenix, all they have to do is cut out all of Harry's wanking, and they'll be fine on time limits. I heard they've already cast Tonks, so my fears of them cutting her out have been relieved. (No Remus/Tonks possibilites for the HBP movie? That would have been TRAGIC beyond all else.)
alkady
The movie wasnt as good as I expected, The storyline really wasnt that great but I did like some parts of the movie and the effect where great too.
hangnhu
leftofcenter wrote:
I personally wish they would have split it into two movies. Because I really, really wish they would have left SPEW in and gone into more detail about some things. For such a long and amazing book, they need to make accomodations. (And if I hear one more person complain about the kids getting too old, I'll smack them. Every show on the WB has twenty-somethings playing high school juniors.)

Now, with Order of the Phoenix, all they have to do is cut out all of Harry's wanking, and they'll be fine on time limits. I heard they've already cast Tonks, so my fears of them cutting her out have been relieved. (No Remus/Tonks possibilites for the HBP movie? That would have been TRAGIC beyond all else.)

What? who been complaining the kids getting too old???? Harry too old? well shouldn't they be old? afterall there is four years different between the first book and this book. yup, so much ur opinion the americans, their actors look way older than high school i keep thinking it uni, now harry potter, they look more realistic, age wise.

I love this movie, I love this movie, when is the next one gonna come out??? Laughing Laughing
sweettiepienpink2008
I was fairly dissapointed int he new movie. They missed so many things in it. I realize that they couldn't really fit every little detail in it but I suppose it's easier to be dissapointed when you read the book first right. I can't wait for the new book. Too bad it is going to take forever to get out. Oh well I guess I will just have to wait!