FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

All google ads to Images

Simulator
Hi, I love the Image Ads but I dont' like the text ones, now I'm not on about the minimalls just the google ones, cause you can't chagne the minimalls, so, will you change the google ads all to images, + it will get you more money Very Happy
supersonic
Well I don't know about making more money. But chaning them to images might be a good idea, but I would rather the color of them were changed to mactch with the site. The ornge and green just sticks out too much.
Simulator
supersonic wrote:
Well I don't know about making more money. But chaning them to images might be a good idea, but I would rather the color of them were changed to mactch with the site. The ornge and green just sticks out too much.

Ya thats another thing, if your not going to change them, will you put them in the SS colours?
Bondings
I will certainly change the colours, but I won't change them to image ads only as doing that would certainly lower the income. Wink
Simulator
Bondings wrote:
I will certainly change the colours, but I won't change them to image ads only as doing that would certainly lower the income. Wink

?? I don't think so? I remember reading somewhere, on google, that if you only have Image ads then when people click on them, you will have more of a chance of getting more money from it because its from the one site
ocalhoun
text loads much more quickly than pics: think of our low-bandwidth members!
Devil
Text links adds are better , cuz of fast loading
snowboardalliance
I don't know what your thinking about but text ads are way more professional than Picture ads. Picture ads remind me of things like geocities and like spyware type sites. Text ads are nice and non-intrusive.
Jack_Hammer
I really have no comment, as I have ad-block and can't see any advertisments...

Though for those silly people out there with low bandwith that don't use Mozilla with Ad-block and they must be a bit silly because with firefox pages generally load a lot faster anyway, but deffinatly keep them as text it will be quicker loading for the low bandwidth members.
n0obie4life
Jack_Hammer wrote:
I really have no comment, as I have ad-block and can't see any advertisments...

Though for those silly people out there with low bandwith that don't use Mozilla with Ad-block and they must be a bit silly because with firefox pages generally load a lot faster anyway, but deffinatly keep them as text it will be quicker loading for the low bandwidth members.

So, you use ad-blockers and you are hosted on Frihost?

That's not good of you.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16489&highlight=honeypot
dan751
Did you not know, Jack_Hammer, that anyone using an ad blocker on Frihost, is in violation of the TOS/Rules? I don't mind what kind of ads are in place, They do not bother me.
Aki
I think keeping texts adds is good because it helps low bandwidth users and I am usually reluctant to click on image ads but for some reason don't mind clicking text adds. Maybe thats just me.. Confused
mOrpheuS
Flame posts removed from the thread.

We request you to please turn-off any ad-blocking script/plugin when browsing FRIHost forum.
Irrespective of the browser you use. Wink
SNES350
Aki wrote:
I think keeping texts adds is good because it helps low bandwidth users and I am usually reluctant to click on image ads but for some reason don't mind clicking text adds. Maybe thats just me.. Confused

I'm in the same boat; I don't like image ads but I don't mind the text ads. If I minded text ads I would have blocked Google's ads the first time I saw them. You can imagine my dismay when they announced they would start doing picture ads as well as the text ads. I'd prefer without the image ads but as long as we don't get flash ads (or animate ads that flash) I don't mind much.
benwhite
Yeah, agreed with above. Images remind me of the 90s when every website had 45 popup windows and annoying animations ruled the day.

To contrast, if there must be ads (which, of course, there must), text ads are less obstrusive and more classy. Far and away a better choice.
Marston
Devil wrote:
Text links adds are better , cuz of fast loading
Yeah, plus, too many banner ad images get annoying, fast connection or not. Plus, the textual ads give you more information about the sites/servies (.. which would actually mean a better chance of getting clicked).