FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nuke Help

Kestrel
Hey guys, just had PHP Nuke installed, made a user on there with my information, then noticed the Super Admin link. Went to it to make a super admin account with the same information I just used with my normal user, now I can't login to the admin section, and I can't make a different super admin. Anyway to fix this without doing a full reinstall?
thnn
I used to know how to fix this. The admin section requires a different login to the one on your main site, something that is not in PostNuke lol. Anyway I suggest that you try checking the mysql database and change the password in there. I believe you will need to set function to MD5.
Kestrel
Yeah... right... I really don't understand that. And I don't think you got what I was saying exactly. Gonna PM you so we don't take up forum space.
n0obie4life
Kestrel wrote:
Yeah... right... I really don't understand that. And I don't think you got what I was saying exactly. Gonna PM you so we don't take up forum space.

Actually PMing also takes up forum space Very Happy.

He used php-nuke.
Bondings
Kestrel wrote:
Hey guys, just had PHP Nuke installed, made a user on there with my information, then noticed the Super Admin link. Went to it to make a super admin account with the same information I just used with my normal user, now I can't login to the admin section, and I can't make a different super admin. Anyway to fix this without doing a full reinstall?

I don't really know how php-nuke works, but it might be that you need to login somewhere else for full admin privileges.

If you want to make a user an admin, then most likely you just need to change one field in the database. (like 1 normal user to 2 admin)
Kestrel
n0obie4life wrote:
Actually PMing also takes up forum space Very Happy .

He used php-nuke.

I know, but PMing would have... I dunno. Nevermind. Very Happy

Bondings wrote:
I don't really know how php-nuke works, but it might be that you need to login somewhere else for full admin privileges.

If you want to make a user an admin, then most likely you just need to change one field in the database. (like 1 normal user to 2 admin)

Didn't think of that. Thanks, Bondings.

*edit* Actually, I just tried that, I am 2. Is there any way to completely wipe any information on users and super admin creation? I know emptying the author field clears admins and the users field clears the users, but I've tried both of those and then creating just the super admin and I still can't login. I'd like to do this without completely reinstalling Nuke, if possible.
Bondings
It seems like admins and users are 2 separate systems.

The easiest option would be to reupload a new database in phpmyadmin. You'll loose all your data (stories, settings, ...), however, but you won't have to change database password, username and all your files.
Kestrel
Okay, and how do I do that? Very Happy Sorry, I didn't upload any of this stuff in the first place.
Bondings
Maybe just clear your database and then install it again? But you'll loose all your settings/posts this way.
n0obie4life
I went into his DB. Changed his password, hopefully it'll work.

Read your PM for the pw kestrel.
Kestrel
Still doesn't work. Sad
Devil
Kestrel wrote:
Still doesn't work. Sad

just delete the db and reinstall , since u said u dint put anything in ur site , then i would suggest go and install it again ,

and remember there is 2 accounts , one for admin and one for a normal user , when u install u have to select to make a normal users account as well , or after installation u will have to register in ur own site , Razz
Kestrel
I don't know how to do anything with the database really. Such as installing it, putting stuff in it, etc.
php_wizard_l33t
Do you think it could be possible that somebody else created a Super User before you did?

I'm not positive on how to use PHP-Nuke either, although I've used it before, but I believe if somebody creates the Super User before you, you are screwed and you have to reinstall.
Kestrel
No, because I was able to go to the page where I choose all the information FOR my super admin, I submitted it, it took me to the login page for admin, put in the same information I used while creating the super admin, didn't work. But n0obie4life is clearing and reinstalling the database (possibly Nuke, too, not sure), so hopefully it will work once it's all done.
n0obie4life
Okay. His problems are solved.

-close-