FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Macgyver

supersonic
Has anyone heard of the TV series Macgyver? It a was on a while ago.
drunkfun
F U C K yeah, everyone has heard of the world's greatest MULLET!!!!

MacGyver could seriously difuse a nuclear weapon with a toothpick and and a jar of strawberry jam
lazaruz
Oh, yeah, he was like my childhood hero. All he ever realy needed was electrical tape and his pocketknife.
elcyron
drunkfun wrote:

MacGyver could seriously difuse a nuclear weapon with a toothpick and and a jar of strawberry jam

wasn't it the cooling of a nuclear reactor with a revolver?
drunkfun
i think he won the first world war with his dashing good looks didn't he?
stiffler
Oh man, I loved this show, I looked forward to getting sick so I could stay home from school to watch MacGyver. It was always great when his Nemesis Murdock showed up too.
Einargan
Here in norway are we looking at macgyver every summer.
its on the television. macgyver have always to good luck, its so boring.
he always stops the bomb when it is 1 sec left. i hate that. i always hope that he will not make it, so he can die. Twisted Evil
Ahit24
He is sweet I love it when he is syuck in that frezer and he blows the door open with canned meAT UNDER PREASURE!
Helent
Oh wow, fancy finding a thread on MacGyver in here. I'm crazy about RDA and am a HUGE SG-1 and Jack fan.

Okay, now I've convinced you all I'm sad, I'll move on Embarassed Confused
-TomJ-
supersonic wrote:

He was on WHERE? You, being located on Planet Earth, should know that these forums are frequented by people from all over the world. And it may come as a suprise to you, but TV in the USA is quite different from tv in Europe, Africa, Australia, Asia or any other place on that same Planet Earth.
althalus
I rented a few dvds of the first season a while back. Wasn't the great thrill I got half a life ago when I saw the show. Sad He's still cool though.

Remember the Macgyver spoof in Scary Movie 2? ;D
blu3bird
was there a movie title which sound like macgyver, a sci fi move bout this guy kill aliens ?? a long time ago....

i dunnoe, mayb i was dreaming ..
Sveinung
Look, you guys

MacGyver is BY FAR the best show ever made for television. People keep talking about the so called "amazing" shows on tv right now, such as Lost and 24. Well, go watch some real tv! nothin beats the raging mullet from the legendary tv-show macgyver. not only does he play hockey and can produce and then dismantle a nuclear bomb using pennies and nickles, he also has the world's most amazing hair!

here in norway he's on tv every single day at 3 pm, on the second biggest network in the country. For you guys in the states & canada, check out "speed", I think he's on fairly regularly.

Vote macgyver, dream macgyver, think macgyveer!

Sveinung! Surprised
drunkfun
-TomJ- wrote:
supersonic wrote:

He was on WHERE? You, being located on Planet Earth, should know that these forums are frequented by people from all over the world. And it may come as a suprise to you, but TV in the USA is quite different from tv in Europe, Africa, Australia, Asia or any other place on that same Planet Earth.

F U C K .. YOU DUTCH .. C U N T

You leave Richard Dean Anderson alone. What did he ever do to you.

Bloody pancake weed smoking clog wearing bastards
-TomJ-
drunkfun wrote:
-TomJ- wrote:
supersonic wrote:

F U C K .. YOU DUTCH .. C U N T

You leave Richard Dean Anderson alone. What did he ever do to you.

Bloody pancake weed smoking clog wearing bastards

I beg your pardon? Evil or Very Mad
I merely ask where on this planet Earth this tv series was shown, and you reply like this?
I don't even know what a Richard Dean Anderson is, so I have no desire, intention or necessity to say anything about him / her / it.
Secondly, from my profile you may deduct that I am male, so there is nothing ****** about me.
Thirdly, I only wear my clogs when a busload full of Aussie tourists arrive. For the rest, I live my peaceful life. Something I can advise you to do the same.
drunkfun
But you do wear clogs...
drunkfun
Ohh, what's that? No comeback?
tsukiyuuki
Maybe he decided not to reply since you spazzed on him for asking a simple question? Really, though, one would hope that you would be mature enough to understand it was an honest question, not some dig at you or anyone else.

You were being quite rude and ridiculously prejudiced, and I think that -TomJ- made the mature decision here. Something you could certainly use a lesson in.

On a more on-topic note, I love MacGuyver! He is one of the few men in the world who make the mullet look GOOD. Very Happy
lyndonray
Ok first of all Mcgyver's mullet was the classiest of it's kind. It wasn't a Billy Ray Cyrus or Joe Dirt-type mullet. Hell you really didn't even notice it was mullet. That's how good a mullet it was!!

I used to get into so much trouble because of that show. my mom even considered writing to have it taken off air. coz I would see McGyver use a piece of toilet paper and the precise amount of spit to jump start a car and I would try the same thing after the episode ended. Needless to say, mum wouldn't be happy catching me surgically attaching soggy T.P. to her car battery.

It was the best show ever. And all that stuff seemed so logical when he did it, I would be like, man, would I be able to think of that when I am trapped in a half empty water cooler with a bomb ticking away? NO!! That's why he was my hero. Hell, I even seriously thought of changing my name to Richard Dean Anderson when I got older!!!
hive
Oh man, that was the best tv-show, it is part of my childhood. I miss so much those lazy mornigs in front of TV watching MacGyver.
That time everthing the did seemed to be possible
kuad
This is/was a great show. The guy could single-handedly save the world with some pliers.
drunkfun
I also heard a rumour that MacGyver was running the united states from behind the scenes during the first disastrous Bush administration.

THis is now why the US can solve any problem with a cigar and an intern
Dean_The_Great
MacGyver was a great show indeed! And about it being boring and such, that's only because Television has evolved over time into a quicker medium. There is a further concentration of JPM's (Jolts per minute) to entice the watcher to not change the channel. MacGyver was also the develloper of many of today's super sleuth clichés, such as the "1 second left on the bomb" trick and the "make anything out of nothing" trick.

Plus, Richard Dean Anderson was great! And if you don't believe he can act, watch SG-1 or something.
tim_s
I hadn't even realised it was a real show - I just thought it was a Simpsons-only thing....! I guess that shows my age. I'm sure there is a whole generation which now instantly thinks "Simpson" when presented with Homer, and has no idea what an epic poem is, let alone who may have written one!
andrewwallis
The main guy... Richard Dean Anderson is now the star of Star Gate SG1
xoxmeholly
I have never actually seen the series, but my Mom really loves Macgyver. She is buying the series on DVDs, madly questing for the theme song that shows Macgyver eating an ice cream cone. She thinks that it is really sexy, and found a picture online. That is her new wallpaper on her laptop.
enigmamkp
I like him very much.When i was 6 or 7 hes so popular in Turkey.
AG007
Wow. I never new how popular MacGyver was until I came to United States. I watch MacGyver when I was young, in Guatemala in Spanish. Yep, he was my hero. Now I found him again in a new series. Oh my gosh, what a turn, now he is using guns, Shocked and he is traveling to other planets. KOOL. I like how he acts, he is a good actor. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
marekdebowski
Macqyver is awesome! He can make a helicopter with a box of matches and a chewing gum! Very Happy
sprinqles
I used to watch this as a kid. Smile Man, he was really awesome, and very resourceful, of course, it was on tv... Smile