FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My posts are missing

dreamflow
Before lunch, I have started three topics regarding perl and PHP on this thread:
http://frihost.com/forums/vf-14.html

After lunch, my posts are gone, without explanation. Can anyone please enlightenment me on what happened?
Sunny
Hello,

I think because the Moderator obviously considered them as spam, and after looking at them myself I agree with that.I am afraid but they appeared to have been posted just for the sake of it.Please refer to this page for suggestion on how to make good posts.

Regards.

Sunny
dreamflow
Thanks for the quick reply.

I have red the TOS, FAQ, and read first links. From my point of view my three posts are not spam.

One of my post is a question regarding whether PHP has replaced Perl in terms of web usage. Another is a useful link showing PHP in a statistics of programmer usage which I'm sure a lot will find useful. Then again another, post a question wheter CGI is still as prevelant as it was in the 90's.

I have always viewed spam as obtrusive advertisement sent by someone I didn't know. My posts are not advertisements. Nor did I posts it just to bump my posts numbers. It's a genuine posts that I've researched myself and want to share and take opinion of the people in this forum.

So could you please define spam in your terms. What constitute relevancy?
Sunny
Hi again!

I don't think I need to or should justify another Mod's action.

However I'll only give my opinion on this.This is just one of the many reasons I think which makes it a spam post

All your 3 posts had basically the same subject talking about PHP advancement over cgi or perl.and I don't think 3 separate posts were needed.I'm copying this right from your post.

First post :
Quote:
According to an index, php has ovetaken Perl:

Second's subject :
Quote:
Perl versus PHP

Third post :
Quote:
CGI is not dead, according to this 1999 article:

We urge members to search for similar topics before starting new, and posting 3 on same lines is not what would make us happy.

You are wrong when you say that only obtrusive advertisement is spam. If I ask a question "How do I upload a file" Now if I knew the answer then my post is SPAM. I think what you are missing here is everytime you post you are awarded points and frih$

Quote:
According to an index, php has ovetaken Perl:
<link>
is this true?

With the knowledge you showed about php in your other thread, I don't think you didn't knew the answer yourself, and if you wanted to discuss it out then you should have given your opinion about it also ?

and that's not all but should be sufficient I believe. Hopefully this helps.
n0obie4life
Quote:
g. The moderating team reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to the Moderating Team and not the users.

Well, I'm not going to use that against this topic, I won't Smile.

I trashed those topics - yeah, hate me, curse me..whatever. Sunny just explained mostly why I trashed it, we get like, so many of these.

And on a side note
Quote:
I have red the TOS, FAQ, and read first links. From my point of view my three posts are not spam.

Just wondering, have you read the rules?

Regards.
dreamflow
As always I am amaze at the quick reply of frihost mods.

#1:
So, basically, a spam posts in your opinion means that I should not know the answer to my question? But how can you determine if I know the question or not? What if I red something regarding something, or my notion of the subject is vague and want to clarify it to those in the know?

#2:
Another point you've clarified is non-spam posts are of different subjects. What if I have two similar subject I couldn't lump together? Take literature for example: Is Shakespeare the greatest playwright? King Lear the greatest play of all-time?

#3:
You also stated that I should give my opinion first to every posts. What if I am stump, and don't know what the answer is?

In my above example regarding Shakespeare, I violated your views on spam, I know the answer to some of Shakespeare, and yet my notion of him is so passing that I could think of a hundred question regarding him that could fill a course in college.

Some people are generalist, I on the other hand prefers the specific. I could lump the question to: My views on Shakespeare, but part of me wants to ask specific question.

Thanks again for answering my question. I find your notions to be helpful.
n0obie4life
Quote:
#2:
Another point you've clarified is non-spam posts are of different subjects. What if I have two similar subject I couldn't lump together? Take literature for example: Is Shakespeare the greatest playwright? King Lear the greatest play of all-time?

Firstly, we'll trash those topics on sight Smile, so they won't even last. The thing is, I seldom visit the literature forum (maybe the other mods do) unless I needed to review a post there.

I'm sorry I can't answer all your questions at the moment, humans need to eat, I just woke up Smile.
dreamflow
n0obie4life wrote:

I'm sorry I can't answer all your questions at the moment, humans need to eat, I just woke up Smile.

That was fast. Smile

I just woke up myself.

Thanks noobie, you've been very helpful. I'll go eat and logout now.