FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The initial reason you join our Frihost forum?

mjohnson
When I searched free web hosting by baidu.com, I found our frihost.

250M disk space/10 GB of traffic ; no ads,support php; mysql ;unlimited parking and addon domain; and so on

It is so great freeweb host so I registered, then I read some rules of free hosting, 5 quality posts and 10 points is not so terrible as some other free web hosting. So I post a lot but not very quality and apply for my accout. After waiting for half a day,our Admin told me that my posts were to short and some maybe copied from other website,I must write myself...

you know I am a Chinease students,my English is not so good.Maybe english composition is the most difficult thing to me. So I decide give up almost. But when I read some post by other memebers I changed my decision. Why not study , promote my English Level and make some foreign friends here! I can also find there are some Chinease people in our forum they are eager and humorous,why not become one of them.

So I must say that my initial purpose coming here is for the free web hosting but now another reason is making friends. Maybe there are a lot of errors in this article,forgive me,I have tried my best to smooth it!

Question Could you tell me your initial purpose coming here
n0obie4life
Erm, same intention for everybody I suppose.

To get hosting Rolling Eyes.
blueknot
your english is ok,

except for some grammar mistakes. but don't freak about. everyone makes mistake so ya, take the time to learn : )

and yes, Frihost is one of the best free hosting here. SO click their ads : ) only if you wish ...
lockwolf
My friend used to have a website and I stole some space from him after he told me the Cpanel Username and Password and forgot about the site. Shortly after, the webmaster shut his site off after I had spent about 2 hours work on it. I was looking for a host with cpanel and I found my way here! Its not 4 gig of space but it really has 4 gig more of bandwith!
Nameless
Err... because I had to to get the space.
Summer
Because of Hosting and Community .
Indyan
I joined here to get hosting after babumuchhala suggested frihost for free hosting at another forum (I was getting fedup with the freq downtines of my prev host)
theo
Summer wrote:
Because of Hosting and Community .

so do i
i think most of us here do so
babumuchhala
Well WOW what a coincidence i also came to Frihost for free web hosting Laughing

It was devil(Ricky) who suggested Frihost at his forum when i was frantically searching for a free host.

And then maybe got quite few ppl here.

Indyan u forgot "m" in my name in your post
sibbahz
I also joined for the hosting, found it via a free hosting guide.
I was previously with a paid host, but this had less features and the php support seemed to completly break, ruining the website. So i moved to frihost.
The forum on here is fairly good as well.
wistom
real,that's right ,at first me too like you just for a free web space. so a apply for the site and post many topics.
eday2010
I also came for the hosting of course. I came here because my current host (Roxr.com), is going from being free with no ads to being free with ads, $5/month for no ads, or 30 posts a week for no ads. I don't have that kind of time, and my money needs to go towards my upcoming wedding and baby.

So once I am done redesigning my site, it will be up at Frihost in full force. I'm just being lazy right now.
Pawz4Thought
Your English is actually really good! A lot better than my French is... heh...

Anyway, I came because... I wanted free hosting that wasn't from Angelfire (grrr annoying site...) so I searched on google, and guess what came up??

Very Happy so here I am Rolling Eyes
Indyan
babumuchhala wrote:
Well WOW what a coincidence i also came to Frihost for free web hosting Laughing

It was devil(Ricky) who suggested Frihost at his forum when i was frantically searching for a free host.

And then maybe got quite few ppl here.

Indyan u forgot "m" in my name in your post

corrected Wink
amusic
I came here to get free hosting as well. The best feature that I want and it's provided in this host is 10GB of bandwidth. I think there are less perhaps no free webhosting provides so many bandwidth.

At first, I'm not so confident about this host. After I saw many good comments about this web host in this forum, I think I've made a wise decision to be hosted here. Smile
KHO
l was looking for a free FTP that was secure one day, and this site popped up in googles search, so l clicked and found that it was vastly superior to my current host, on far more than just a free FTP, finall, l can have all kinds of great free stuff *cries* l feel like l've won the lotto, and the lotto here is at like $12million so thats a big deal
raman
The main reason I joined was because the features were the best I had seen for a free host combined with the fact that it had no ads, it was an easy decision to pick.
Hayloe
Yeah, I too have joined for the webhosting, but really, Who hasnt? I mean is that not why Frihost exists? I was looking for free hosting for my website, About a game Im working on and After much googling I found Frihost I usually tend to stay away from the post-for-host websites but I decided to give it a try.
zoombinimatt
i joined for the hosting and because i like forums Very Happy
l4zy
I think everyone would obviously have the same intention.... to get a good hosting.. and i can't wait for my hosting to get activated Smile
DannyDean
The reason I joined FriHost is because anything else that I tried was useless.
Alkku
Well, my reason to register in the forum was:
I want to try out my html skills.
And if i would be good enought, i could make own sites in here.
This is pretty good place, 250mb, 10gb traffic and no ads.
That's the reason why I registered in this forum. Smile
threezeroone
My reason for joining Frihost Forum is to get a quality hosting but free. I also like using CPANEL and Fantastisco.
All Maine Matters
I also came here for the web space, but have found some pretty cool topics here.
Rolz
Well, I really needed quality hosting, and I found it here. Very Happy

When I made my first cartoon, I put it on my Geocities account. I realised that place is really bad, so I started looking for a place where I could put my stuff. The phrase "free web hosting" brought up lots of hits on Google, and I've checked out a website that lists lot of free web hosting places (can't remember what was that site though Rolling Eyes ). I took a look at lots of hosters but they were all crap: upload size limits, awful bandwith limits, tiny disk space and every possible drawback. Then I bumped into Frihost. At first this forum thing didn't sound very good, but then I realised it's worth a shot, and now I know it's great. Smile

That's 'bout it.
Aki
Well I guess like most people to get the free hosting. However I usually like posting in forums too and meeting new pplz so its kind of a bonus.
kuroneko
i joined mostly because i was looking for a free host that wasn't total crap
thiamshui
I was looking for a free host tht supports php and mySQL w/o ads n a reasonable amt of space.. Den i saw this.. so i signed up..
shwetanshu
i came here searching for a place to host my site which has much more apace and a lot more bandwidth than the tripod. It was suggested to me on Digit Forums
missyabarai
after reading the Chinese guy's post, i feel that i have the need to type more to earn points by havin the quality and the quantity in order to have the free hosting a/c. whahaha. sad. okae. anyway, back to the topic, my initial and only reason to have come to this site is because of its Cpanel. okay why? i want to have a photoblog(my wish) on the Internet. recently, i came across a website that have photoblog templates for me to ch0ose and i realise the blog i have now, do not hav Cpanel and free image hosting. all right, so i searched the engine and found Frihost! yay yippee. i thought everything's gone all right so i smiled when i submitted my registration to find out that oh my ggoodness, i hav to submit 5 quality posts. okay well, fair enough. you need to do more in order to get an ad-free web hosting. whahaa =) all right, after so much say, i think no one will read my message up to this point, so hav fun pple.
Shiva
well, mjohnson, i must say, your english is quite good actually..

and my intentions? wel after reading your post i must say that, practising my english is a wery good idea!

but like a lot of the other users on this forum, i started here because of the hosting Laughing
Svalliam
I too joined because of the hosting. I got a tip from a friend about this site and so far it seems to be good. But now i waited for my account a couple of days so soon i probably can begin to use the hosting service.
lavender
I searched for free host space then joined frihost forum.
ghostmaster
I'm here for hosting, plain and simple. No offense to anyone, but I find discussions that don't somehow involve video games, ghosts, cartoons, or theology to be rather dry and lacking. Maybe I'll change my mind later.
Soltair
Well I came for free web hosting (no great surprise Embarassed ) because this seems to be one of the best hosters of the Whole World Wide Web (WoW too many W Words). But now I'm on the forums, I think it is also pretty nice to be able to have a little chat, adversite our website and get some support from more experienced webmasters Shocked Very Happy . It enhances all the content of all the websites of this server, in my opinion. Smile

I think I'll particularly like the FriH$ Razz , having myself little artistic talent. I'll have the opportunity to "buy" some drawings instead of copying things from GOogle, which was the not the best! Wink
pumpin
your english is not bad pal!
Am here for free hosting too. Just wanna get some of my stuffs in the air!

Cheers
adri
Well in first place to have a decent webhosting. Although 250Mb isn't much, it is enough for a forum / wiki / website / ... and with the 10gigs of bandwidth allocation you can even share some files (legal files ofcourse Cool )... You get PHP 5.3.6. I think which is one of the latest versions and all CMS, forums, wiki's, blogs,... work on this PHP, you also get unlimited MySQL databases which is also pretty handy for my tests. And finally the emailadresses, I actually don't use them but I know they are also unlimited. Razz And in the second place to test new scripts out...

Greetings

Adri
sana618
wow... every one of them is here for free hosting, i guess i'm the only person who came here not for free hosting at all. this site was suggested to me by my friend dude_xyx, he said that i could make a number of friends indirectly and a number of topics to read and comment on. also i could learn a lot in a lot of ways about things that i would not have given a thought of otherwise.
i've also started to learn photoshop and i found a number of cool tutorials here that have greatly helped me.
so thats it. this is the reason i joined frihost.
spring567
Me,too . Come here for free web hosting .
The Chinese student's frihost Points is -420.63 . I don't know why he doesn't come here recently .
Nick2008
I joined the frihost forums so I can host my site here. Isn't that what most of us are here for?

But then, the great community keeps me posting. Very Happy
pashmina
I joined the frihost forum for the hosting account 1-2 years ago, but now its all about the interesting community
Xaferrow
Svalliam wrote:
I too joined because of the hosting.

yes, me too. i search for the best free webhosting, and i found that frihost was the one im searching for Smile
Ghost900
I joined Frihost purely for Web Hosting, as many of us did I am sure, but after some time I was glad to use some of the forums to help me on certain issues I had with coding.
misterXY
Bored and Hosting. Confused
hamza1122
Well, i guess the main reason i joined the community, as pretty much like everyone else, is for the webhosting. It's so cool that you can make unlimited domains from the same subdomain- e.g. frih.org.

But after a while you begin to enjoy the people in the community.
Moshkin_Khan
Yeah, I came here today for the hosting as it was free and I only had to post, but after a bit of browsing I know that I'll be browsing these forums even if I dont get the free space. Most people here seem nice and the topics are interesting.
deanhills
mjohnson wrote:
you know I am a Chinease students,my English is not so good.Maybe english composition is the most difficult thing to me. So I decide give up almost. But when I read some post by other memebers I changed my decision. Why not study , promote my English Level and make some foreign friends here! I can also find there are some Chinease people in our forum they are eager and humorous,why not become one of them.

So I must say that my initial purpose coming here is for the free web hosting but now another reason is making friends. Maybe there are a lot of errors in this article,forgive me,I have tried my best to smooth it!

Question Could you tell me your initial purpose coming here

My purpose initially was to get Web space. In order to do that I had to make a few postings, and that became a challenge. Then once I reached my objective, I got hooked on the Forums. It became a hobby of sorts, as well as an opportunity to learn about many subjects.

I can imagine that writing postings will be very good for you to practice English with. Especially to build confidence and to become less self-conscious about your writing. It is great to be able to communicate with people from all over the world. And to learn what is happening in their countries, and what their views are about all topics in the Forum.
jsarnold
Same as most people on here - I was looking for hosting, and was quite surprised to see it available for free after I'd been paying for it for years.

I've since moved my websites elsewhere (I needed more storage space mainly) but I stay on here just for the intellect.

(Okay - well I lied about the intellect, but I stay here anyway..!)
Flakky
The hosting is the greatest part and afterwards I saw the nice community. It's great what service they offer and I wanted to launch a site.
ainieas
I was just surfing the net, when I saw someone's post about Frihost. I was looking for a new webhost for me because geocities was just not working out for me. I applied here and made my posts and thereafter I've been a sworn Frihost loyalist. Off late I haven't been able to be here as often but now I plan to make sure I'm at the forum more often.
Donutey
Trying to find a more reliable free hosting site, the previous one I used had intermittent downtime (which is when I started looking for a new host), and then shortly after I switched to FriHost, they stopped providing free hosting all together...