FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Question about SQL

clip
This site enables SQL databases right? Well, I'm new when it comes to database things, so can I use Access to make my php site? I'm just wondering, because if in case I can't, I think I have to study SQL quick!
n0xvb
clip wrote:
This site enables SQL databases right? Well, I'm new when it comes to database things, so can I use Access to make my php site? I'm just wondering, because if in case I can't, I think I have to study SQL quick!

You may be able to do this, just create your database and then give access to the IP address of your machine in addition to localhost. Then you can setup the ODBC driver on your PC to point to your database and access it from MS Access.
clip
I don't seem to get it... Question Can you explain it some more?
n0obie4life
We only support mySQL here. No MS Access/ODBC.

If you really need that, you have to host your own SQL server on your own pc. That means, you cannot use "localhost" for the SQL Server, instead, you need to use your PC's IP Address.
n0xvb
n0obie4life wrote:
We only support mySQL here. No MS Access/ODBC.

If you really need that, you have to host your own SQL server on your own pc. That means, you cannot use "localhost" for the SQL Server, instead, you need to use your PC's IP Address.

True, but Access allows for connection to a mySQL database using ODBC on the client computer. When databases are created on frihost, they are set up with a default access of "localhost". But there is the ability to add other systems into the access list, on a per database basis. (At least with DirectAdmin)