FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Un-Official Ask Bondings Something Thread

lockwolf
I have always wondered what people would ask Bondings if he/she could ask him something. Also, it would be kind of nice if Bondings could post some responses to these questions Smile

Do you have any other job than managing this site?
Bondings
Quote:

I'm studying engineering in a Belgian university.

Any other questions?
nilsmo
How much time and money do you spend managing FriHost?
nOScott
Do you make money off of this site ?
n0obie4life
Boondlings, rm I a phorum frool?
lockwolf
n0obie4life wrote:
Boondlings, rm I a phorum frool?

Noobie, I can answer that one for you. YES YOU ARE!
Nameless
Are you pro, anti, or don'tgivea alien? (Wow, that's old)

Why do you offer such a good deal (no, seriously.) With such high mb and bandwidth you could easily get away with ads on their site, so why not do so for extra money? And, why 250mb in partcular? Why not 200, or 300?
budazz
what is your favorite food,color,brand of -shirt
Bondings
nilsmo wrote:
How much time and money do you spend managing FriHost?

I don't know, but it's way too much. Wink

Quote:
And, why 250mb in partcular? Why not 200, or 300?

200 seems not enough and 300 seems too much. There isn't really a good reason behind that number.

Quote:
Do you make money off of this site ?

I'm not making this website for money as you might have noticed. (I do have other websites, just no time to work on them) Of course any revenue would be welcome. Wink

Quote:
what is your favorite food,color,brand of -shirt

That's a hard question. I don't really have a favorite food, color and certainly not t-shirt.
Indyan
Is n0obie4life your sister?
[You know,you two remind of me bro and sis fights Razz ]
And some more :-
What browser do you use?
Have you ever been to India?
What is your opinion about Microsoft?
babumuchhala
@Indyan i know the answers to a few of your questions but will let Bondings Steve Bondings reply to that.

My question.
What the hell are you doing to reduce the load on Server 1. Its Disk Usage is now more than 82 % man. What are you doing to reduce it ???
n0obie4life
Bondings wrote:
Quote:
And, why 250mb in partcular? Why not 200, or 300?

200 seems not enough and 300 seems too much. There isn't really a good reason behind that number.

Liar. It's the number that you used to win the lottery and therefore gaining the ability to start Frihost. And you missed out my question.
Bondings
Indyan wrote:
Is n0obie4life your sister?
[You know,you two remind of me bro and sis fights Razz ]

Sure she is. Wink
Indyan wrote:
What browser do you use?

Firefox.
Indyan wrote:
Have you ever been to India?

No.
Indyan wrote:
What is your opinion about Microsoft?

Bill Gates and Belgian apple pie is a very good combination. Now seriously, I would love to work for such a company.
Quote:
What the hell are you doing to reduce the load on Server 1. Its Disk Usage is now more than 82 % man. What are you doing to reduce it ???

The load is different from the disk space. The load is already much lower now. I'll try to lower the disk space to 70%, but that really has no influence on the server load.
Quote:
And you missed out my question.

Lockwolf already answered it.
shaggly
I've got one:

"How and Why did this venture come about for you?"

I love it here, but I'm curious how something like this evolves. Was this your masterplan from the beginning, or did it just kind of evolve slowly from another idea?
Bondings
shaggly wrote:
I've got one:

"How and Why did this venture come about for you?"

I love it here, but I'm curious how something like this evolves. Was this your masterplan from the beginning, or did it just kind of evolve slowly from another idea?

Frihost was always meant to be a webmaster community providing free hosting to its members. It will always slowly evolve, though. Wink
mOrpheuS
The new bestseller -

Available now - only 50 FRIH$ !!!!
Grab your copy now !
n0obie4life
mOrpheuS, stop trawlling.

I want that book.
Monkeydog
Bondings...PIE OR CAKE?
=o
shaggly
Would that book also include a chapter on how to grill and catch my Ex-Wife. I'm sure she was from another planet......... Rolling Eyes
tidruG
HEh heh... just going to make this a little trickier, Mr. Bondings...
These are the questions you won't answer:
  1. How old are you?
  2. What's your second name?
  3. What's your phone number and/or postal address?
  4. Have you ever been in love?

And now, the questions that you (hopefully) will answer:
  1. How did "Bondings" came about?
  2. What does the future of FRIHost show?
babumuchhala
Well i did like to rephrase the 2nd qestion in tidruG's question.

Here's the question:
  • What is your future outlook & roadmap for FRIHost and what are your top priorities for frihost Very Happy
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
SkullPizza
Bondings- if you had to beat to death one type of baby mammal with a club what would it be?
Jack_Hammer
tidruG wrote:
  1. How old are you?

I know how Bondings came about, he has answered this one already he says that he wanted a name that was like Bond, (James Bond) but also something original, though how he came up with his avvy I will never know...
Tumbleweed
Bondings---- Whats your favorite none computer related pastime ?
SunburnedCactus
Jack_Hammer wrote:
tidruG wrote:
  1. How old are you?

I know how Bondings came about, he has answered this one already he says that he wanted a name that was like Bond, (James Bond) but also something original, though how he came up with his avvy I will never know...

The slightly unnerving avatar is the result of a contest a while ago, which involved photoshopping ET onto things...
Helios
Bondings, who do you like more?
The Alien or the Predator(from Alien vs. Predator)?

Who is more relative to you? (by blood Laughing )
Jack_Hammer
SunburnedCactus wrote:
Jack_Hammer wrote:
tidruG wrote:
  1. How old are you?

The slightly unnerving avatar is the result of a contest a while ago, which involved photoshopping ET onto things...

I know that, but his first avatar, you know the E.T head...
SunburnedCactus
I've heard rumours that he actually is an alien. Shocked
Jack_Hammer
SunburnedCactus wrote:

I've heard that you are actually Dr.Zoidberg!

*cough*
Lets get to reality shall we?
n0obie4life
Jack_Hammer wrote:
SunburnedCactus wrote:

I've heard that you are actually Dr.Zoidberg!

*cough*
Lets get to reality shall we?

Bondings != Human
babumuchhala
A very important question for Mr. Bondings.

Arrow ARE YOU INTRESTED IN REPLYING TO QUESTIONS HERE Question
manumiglani
Bondings wrote:
Quote:

I'm studying engineering in a Belgian university.

Any other questions?

yeah, i have one more question

which branch and year ?
The Philosopher Princess
Bondings, how is it that you speak (write) English so well, but you live in Belgium? What other (spoken/written) languages do you know?
n0obie4life
The Philosopher Princess wrote:
Bondings, how is it that you speak (write) English so well, but you live in Belgium? What other (spoken/written) languages do you know?

He thinks his english is bad. So, don't say it's good!!!

Okay..

he knows polish, french, dutch.
Marston
Ah, tu parle francais?
Blaster
Thanks for answering bondings

Bondings has good english i think.

What other websites do you have?
n0obie4life
Marston wrote:
Ah, tu parle francais?

Keep french in the french forum Razz
The Philosopher Princess
Much-needed advice comes in from n0obie4life:

n0obie4life wrote:
He thinks his english is bad. So, don't say it's good!!!

Okay. I wouldn’t dream of saying “it’s good”. (I can retrofit my “so well” as meaning just mediocre, which is better than poor. Wink)
~~~~~~~~~~
You know why I thought of my question? I just saw a really excellent movie out of Belgium called Aaltra. Of course, my version had English yellow subtitles. But I was thinking, “Hey! someone from Belgium wouldn’t need these English yellow subtitles!” Anyway, I agree with this review:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/aaltra/ wrote:
Hilarious and irreverent Belgian comics Benoît Delépine and Gustave Kervern wrote, direct, and star in this dark, edgy, and very funny comedy about two antagonistic farmers who, in the course of escalating their bitter rivalry, both end up paralyzed by a tractor. Teaming up, the irascible duo decides to exact revenge from the vehicle's manufacturer, and embark on a memorable oddball odyssey to Helsinki.

So, my next question for Bondings, which I can’t wait to find out if his resident spokesperson knows is: Have you seen Aaltra?

What about an even better Belgian movie I saw a few months ago (also with English yellow subtitles) called Hop? You don't want to miss the Pygmy anarchists of Hop! Both movies won all kind of awards and I understand why.
Bondings
To answer some of the questions.

About movies, I am currently not able to watch many movies, if at all. I only saw a few Belgian movies and Aaltra isn't included. I don't think I ever heard about it to be honest.

About my English, well in Belgium we do learn a lot of languages. Dutch and French to start with, then also English and for some people a few years of German. Dutch is also very similar to English, English also contains a lot of French words. So if you know both languages, it really isn't hard to learn. Not to mention that 50% of my text books from uni are in English.

Marston, "tu parle" should be "tu parles". Wink

tumbleweed, my favourite none computer related pastime would be literature/reading.

About the future of Frihost, only time will show.
gail1367
Hi,

I was wondering how long does it take for my request for a free hosting account take. I sent the request a few days ago.

Please help
Thanks
Gail
SkullPizza
Why didn't you answer my question Bondings?!! I was really interested in what you had to say.
Blaster
SkullPizza wrote:
Why didn't you answer my question Bondings?!! I was really interested in what you had to say.
Same bondings. I want to know how many other website you have and if you could show some of them to us. Also what was your first website?

@gail1367 The requests can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 weeks (so i have been told) Its great so keep with frihost.
n0obie4life
Blaster wrote:
SkullPizza wrote:
Same bondings. I want to know how many other website you have and if you could show some of them to us. Also what was your first website?

@gail1367 The requests can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 weeks (so i have been told) Its great so keep with frihost.

I wanted to break this slience, but I can't.

Okay, his first pages were.

<Edit, those were not my first websites anyway and I don't want them to be mentioned here.>
mathiaus
gail1367 wrote:
I was wondering how long does it take for my request for a free hosting account take. I sent the request a few days ago.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-8851.html

Please search before asking a question and post in the correct forum
Bondings
SkullPizza wrote:
Bondings- if you had to beat to death one type of baby mammal with a club what would it be?

A rat I guess. I'm not that sensitive. If I have to do it (like for food), I will.

Blaster, the other websites I currently have are completely not related to Frihost and I hence don't want to mention them for several reasons. For related websites, I will most likely link to or even advertise them on Frihost, so you'll probably know about it.
Jayfarer
Dear Bondings,

Do you think the whole science/religion debate threads have been done to death already? It seems like a new variation on this same debate pops up every other week. Good or bad?
n0obie4life
Bondings wrote:
SkullPizza wrote:

A rat I guess. I'm not that sensitive. If I have to do it (like for food), I will.

Blaster, the other websites I currently have are completely not related to Frihost and I hence don't want to mention them for several reasons. For related websites, I will most likely link to or even advertise them on Frihost, so you'll probably know about it.

So, do you want me to remove those links on BW Smile?
NuniPio
i always thought noob was a guy...never knew it was ur sister...ma bad Embarassed
Mgccl
NuniPio wrote:
i always thought noob was a guy...never knew it was ur sister...ma bad Embarassed

Maybe noob is a guy and Bonding are the sister...
but.. what do I know.,...
n0obie4life
Mgccl wrote:
NuniPio wrote:

Maybe noob is a guy and Bonding are the sister...
but.. what do I know.,...

It's the opposite.
Blaster
So n0ob do you and bondings have any other brothers and sister? Laughing
n0obie4life
Blaster wrote:
So n0ob do you and bondings have any other brothers and sister? Laughing

Yes. I have a brother. Bondings has a sister.
Jack_Hammer
n0obie4life wrote:

Rolling Eyes
Vrythramax
I have a question for Bondings...

What flavor of Linux/Unix do you prefer and why?

Just curious.
The Philosopher Princess
Bondings, when the name “FriHost” was decided upon, what were your other domain name contenders that lost out?

(The name is great! It is short, easy to spell, meaningful, more interesting than “Freehost”, and more good stuff. So, I’m just curious.)

(This seems like something that would have been discussed before but a search is difficult.)
Blaster
Vrythramax wrote:

Just curious.

Who says he has linux/unix Razz He may just use XP.

Ok now a question for bondings. When did you really get into websites. Like how old?
Vrythramax
Blaster wrote:
Who says he has linux/unix Razz He may just use XP.

Ok now a question for bondings. When did you really get into websites. Like how old?

Very true, I was working on the assumption that since his web hosting, forums and such are on a *NIX account and he administered them, that he would also use Linux and/or Unix. I could be way off base....assumptions can be very dangerous.
ainieas
This one is important Wink - admit it, among ALL the Frihost website which one is your favourite. Out with it!! Cool
lukeropro
Is Bondings older than n00bie?
Bockman
Trying to keep Frihost in perspective (this is to say: "Sis, stay out of it Razz")

@Steve:
1 - When you thought of creating a free hosting community, did you expect it to evolve so quickly?

2 - The idea isn't new, but Frihost is a lot different from other hostings (one of the main differences is that accounts don't disappear every 2 months or so). Do adprints on this forum alone keep Frihost's bills up-to-date?

3 - What the hell were you thinking when you gave noob a MOD position? family and business should be kept appart. She is a v active member of the comunity and she's "Top canner" here, but members may think you gave her the position just because your family. you think that may affect the way our members think of you two?

I'll probably add up a few more questions in 1 or 2 days.
n0obie4life
Vrythramax wrote:

Just curious.

He prefers CentOS I think.

lukeropro wrote:
Is Bondings older than n00bie?

Yes. He's older than me, that's why he bullies me everyday.

@Bockman,

since you wanted to get rid of me, then I won't answer your questions Razz
lilrage
bondings how did u get started on webhosting?
Blaster
Do you like it when it is raining bondings?
Do you like ice cream?
What is your favorite type of ice cream?
Where you from "the green" planet?
Do "phone home" at all?
Do you have a magic finger that heas?
Do you have a bike that rides in the sky?
You ever go to Diseny world?
tidruG
There was a small interview I had conducted of Bondings' last April.
Here's the link to the post on my blog.
rafifaisal
From where in Belgium are you Bondings ?
What university are you studying ?

BTW I am from Belgium. More specifically from Antwerp. so I say AANGENAAM BONDINGS .... Laughing
Lessien
so bondings is from belgium?
nice to hear that
seems we belgiums are rather good at such things
yay us, ahum
what is your mothertongue?
french or dutch?
Blaster
tidruG wrote:
There was a small interview I had conducted of Bondings' last April.
Here's the link to the post on my blog.

OMG a jr. admin bumping a thread.... thats unheard of Shocked

Razz

nah but anyhow you still never answered my questions bondings.