FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Contained phpBB inside Website design...

iluvszilardnemeth
Hello!

I'm completely thick when it comes to anything beyond completely basic programming, and even when it comes to that i sometimes screw up!

So i need a bit of advice - on my completely basic website ( http://www.foundrycourt.frih.net ) i have a system in place where when a user clicks the various hyperlinks on the right hand side, the text in the middle is the only thing that changes and the layout stays the same.

Fairly basic of course.

The thing that has stumped me, however, is how to have it so that when a user clicks "forums", the forum itself materialises in the middle of the page with the original layout still in tact.

I hope i've explained that right! I know its a completely basic bit of code that i'm forgetting or just haven't learnt in the first place, but your help and minimal abuse at me for being a noob ( Shocked Laughing ) would be very appreciated!

Lee
Kestrel
I'm unsure about this, but you may have to use Frames or iFrames.
iluvszilardnemeth
Kestrel wrote:
I'm unsure about this, but you may have to use Frames or iFrames.

Yep i thought it might be something to do with frames, but what exactly!!! Its fairly confusing on the old head at the moment.

Basically i need a way of loading up the forum in the middle of the page inset amidst the original design of the site.

My knowledge of design with frames is limited though, so if it is that, i'd still need some divine guidance!