FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are spin-offs of other forums allowed?

Neo7
It isn't exactly like it, but it does use the same .css scripting of it and the general mechanics are like it, but the overall source code was modified to have several custom features to it. Is this allowed to be hosted?

I already have it set up on another host but it didn't suit my needs to it. Here is what it looks like. It's based of the 2002-2003 GameFAQs css. and mechanics.

http://neohig.freeownhost.com/boards/

A couple of things that the host wouldn't let me do is e-mails as I require account activation keys. Without a host e-mail, I can't regester e-mails without going into the database and doing it all myself with is a pain in the but. I don't want to bypass because I don't want bots going all over and destroying the boards.
Simulator
You want to know if you can use a different Fourm system?? As long as its not IPB, you can, or so I'm told, I'm not running phpBB, I use XMB, and noone ever said anything to me, + I am building my own Forum software, which Bondings has givin me the goahead for, so I think you are safe
Bondings
There are probably hundereds of free forums under the gpl license or something similar. Unless they generate a lot of cpu-usage, they are all allowed. However, paid forums like IPB and vBulletin are not allowed unless you can show me your license before hosting it. (still waiting to see the first license)

About emails, sure you can send them. Of course spam emails or paypal spoofs are strictly not allowed. Wink
Neo7
I won't take any free forums without pay. I just like that paticualr source as it has a special message marking system that doesn't clog up moderator PM boxes. It works fairly good and especially designed for 56k modem connections.

It also has a nice moderation system beyond reporting them. I can restrict posting priviledges (still post but limited) for severe trouble makers. Good punishment without banning them.