FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

UFOs, ghosts and other paranormal stuff

Rolz
There might have been a thread about this, but it's probably sunk, so here we go...

Do you believe in paranormal things like UFOs and ghosts? Have you seen any of them yet? Or do you think they're all just silly stuff to scare people with?

My opinion about UFOs
I do believe in them. I myself haven't seen any of 'em yet, not even a spaceship or anything, but there are just too many reports and evidence to prove they are real. Just think... there's this endless galaxy. Could it be possible that we are the only ones in an enormous and open universe? Only this tiny planet contains civilization? I don't think so...

My opinion about ghosts
I haven't seen any. And I don't really think they exist. But I don't doubt it. I think it's kind of silly and "overmystyficated" (is that even a word?). We are just like any other biological creature. We born, we live, we pass out. Why would we have ghosts? It feels kinda silly. I know there are lots of things to justificate their existence, though... but I still look at this stuff like a stupid brainstorm of someone.

My opinion about other paranormal stuff
Meh, there are a few other things I believe in, but I'm too lazy to list them.
Summer
You don't believe them ?

Well , see this topic .
blackstripes
i just posted a topic like this just a minute ago, but no... i dont really believe in ghosts at all. i went to that site with those photos and stuff but they're just photos... anything can be altered in them especially if it's on computer. and if it's not on computer and on paper instead then it could just be things that make it look like a face in the background of a person or sum floating object. i agree to that aswell, i think we all just live and die. just like every living thing on this planet.

as for UFOs... i think it's actually possible. the thought of just earth being the only intelligent life planet in the universe is pretty stupid. it's like saying that your better than everyone at everything. come on, big universe? and only earth with intelligence on it?
Varun
well as far i go, i do believe that UFO and Aliens exists....comon we cant be the only ones in the entire universe!!!

and about the ghosts..though i havent seen any of them i have enough proof that they do exists and i do believe them...but not in the way the movies show it...like they will come out in the night and kill you or somethin...
Summer
Some people can't see ghosts in their whole life . Im pretty sure of this .
CVveulschik
[quote="Rolz"]
My opinion about UFOs
I do believe in them. I myself haven't seen any of 'em yet, not even a spaceship or anything, but there are just too many reports and evidence to prove they are real. Just think... there's this endless galaxy. Could it be possible that we are the only ones in an enormous and open universe? Only this tiny planet contains civilization? I don't think so...

Arrow Well there should be other lifeforms in the galaxy, cuz the galaxy is so big but they can be way less evolved than us, and might look very diffent

And another thing about spacestuff: STAR TREK RULES Razz
Ahab81
ghosts:
evidence suggests that ghosts exist ..there are 2 many paranormal occurances or unexplained events for science to simply say its your mind playing tricks on you.
ask your freinds and fammily if they have ever experianced anything..im sure you will be suprised .

UFO:
im a fisherman and spend allot of my time out at night fishing under the stars.
on many occasions we have seen strance lights in the sky ..moving at impossible angles and speeds .
there up there watching us for shure..
this planet is just a speck of sand on the beach that is the universe..
and there's plenty worlds like ours out there .
hangnhu
I believe in ghost and I believe in UFO, the only thing is, I believe that if there is ET out there, then we are too in that catergory. I believe that somewhere in a galaxy far far away, another earth exist, going throught and same process we have or even further in the future, which we are yet to be. different time line

I know ghost exist, it just difficult to catch them (obviously)
However bit dissappointing, since I went on NASA, the hope of finding the truth to other planet is fading, all those planet are to near around the sun and days are too short

NASA is a good site
Revvion
My opinion about ghosts
Wel i think they dont exist but are made up because people fear dead or hope that there is something more, afther all for some people only to live ones is kiend of boring.
falconfx
I don't believe in ghosts as they don't exist. About UFOs, I think we aren't alone in the universe: there must be other forms of life somewhere far away.
olah
I believe in UFO'S because it is plain arrogrant to assume we are the only sentient beings in the universe. Of course they will look different and act different. But I think that any race that has the means to travel here will be highly technologically advanced--but any civillisation that advanced will not be hostile, because they're simply not barbarians. Humans are on the verge of shedding our animalistic natures, but not yet.

As for ghosts, I think it's crrraaaazzzy. It all comes back to religion, don't you agree? That people are uncertain of death, and since Christians/Islamics etc believe in an afterlife or heaven, it's only natural to assume some spirits would get trapped neither here nor there. But since I'm not one for religion, I think it's very silly.
kevin
Ghosts/Paranormal things :

Well, family of mine, but like faaaaar, faaaar family bought a house, it was number 13. They really believed in paranormal stuff and when they move din strange things started happening. Things getting lost, strange noises... They moved out eventually. I think it was just their imaginionation and the fact that they were obessed by the paranormal. I don't believe there is such a thing like ghosts, but there could be paranormal forces, like a devine creature (like a god) but not ghosts.

UFO's

I do believe there are aliens, because the universe is so big, but that they spy on us 24/7, nah, they must have better things to do =)
soulman
I belive there must be some reason create the world, and I belive this reason is because of some bio-objection that we dont know, which we call them ailens...
jongoldsz
My opinion about UFOs
I believe UFOs exist. The probability of Earth being the only planet in the universe which can support life is very slim. Also, scientists have found worm fossils in a meteor.

My opinion about ghosts
I don't believe that ghosts exist. If they existed, what would they be made of, how could they go through solids and how can they manipulate objects.

Obviously magic, mystical creatures, etc. doesn't exist. I've taken magic classes, and I know that in magic you try to setup a "victim" to do what you want them to do. In other words you try to get them to choose the card you want them to choose.
OnlyOneLife
I believe there are some UFO's, ghosts..... idk, thinking about them makes me scared... I so I'm going to stop thinking about them. Scary movies scare the hell out of me.
windval
Rolz wrote:
There might have been a thread about this, but it's probably sunk, so here we go...

Do you believe in paranormal things like UFOs and ghosts? Have you seen any of them yet? Or do you think they're all just silly stuff to scare people with?

My opinion about UFOs

My opinion about ghosts
I haven't seen any. And I don't really think they exist. But I don't doubt it. I think it's kind of silly and "overmystyficated" (is that even a word?). We are just like any other biological creature. We born, we live, we pass out. Why would we have ghosts? It feels kinda silly. I know there are lots of things to justificate their existence, though... but I still look at this stuff like a stupid brainstorm of someone.

Meh, there are a few other things I believe in, but I'm too lazy to list them.

I believe in UFOs, ghosts and other paranormal stuff

someone may think that we are nonsense

but i think everythings can be happened under the world~
Mark999111
UFO spotters have a tendancy to be washed up depressed rednecks Laughing

But i still believe theres lfie on other planets, mabye not green martians with robots and stuff, but life
whplace
I believe in aliens

and lol cant wait to meet one.
ghostmaster
I believe in aliens. I do not believe aliens come to earth to kidnap drunk rednecks. I do believe they might come to earth just to mess with us. For the ones that are more advanced, it's probably the equivalent of using a stick to stir up an ant hill and watching the poor things run around in terrified confusion.

I believe in ghosts. I have never seen them. I do not believe in most "evidence" that is presented. There are precious few photographs I believe are real; likewise, I consider most ghost hunter shows to be a source of comedic entertainment and little more.
jaam23
There would seem to be more to reality than meets the eye.

Magic(k) is not just fooling or attempting to fool "dupes", although much probably is, there has been a long tradition of people throughout the history of the world who have tried to understand cosmic phenomena both internal and external and its relation to the individual.

Alchemy could be perhaps a good surface for this. Not the transmutation of physical lead into Gold, but the transmutation of the lead of the dense soul into the Gold of higher consciousness.

Societal and religiosu structures throughout the ages have long attempted to suppress such individual and collective exploration generally as it is seen as threat to the established power base.

Charles Fort is an excellent source to search into amonolous phenomena (ghosts, UFO's, psychic powers, etc etc etc)

Fortean Times being a current publication that focuses on these areas
bjwok
after reading the posts in this thread i simply HAD to add this: (from my site)

"I was going through old family photo albums, scanning a whole bunch of pics for this here site the other day, when I stumbled across this one...

It comes from one of my Dad's albums from the late 50's and features a bunch of unknowns throwing a ball in a lake in a place called Wisika, Germany. Nothing weird about that... EXCEPT THE UFO IN THE CORNER!!!!!!!!! What the?"

check it out for yourselves by following this navigation:

http://www.bjwok.frih.net/

archives ---> 2005 ---> july ---> ufo pic
laima
i believe Ufos and other kind a stuff. becuse it could be something weird if we are alone in this infinite place called universe. there is always something we dont know, and if human doesn't know something, they always want to discover and see, and create stories and fairytales about that. i think it has been always so, there is no exceptions. Neutral
Jack_Hammer
Quote:

You are not thinking of a galaxy because there are multiple galaxy's in the universe, and the universe is not infinite, scientists can accuratly calculate the time that the universe was 'born' and how fast it was expanding to figure out exactly how big the universe is today.

but the main thing is, the effectiveness of anyone being able to reach the earth in any amount of measurable time, because we all know that going 'light speed' is physically impossible. From the nearest star (Excluding the sun) it would take 4 light years for the light to reach the earth, who would travel for hundreds of years not knowing where they are going or for no reason, or even travel thousands of years?

[/i]
eleub
I think there probably are some other things out there. The universe is so big there must be, but I don't know where everyone gets the idea that they're so smart and they are always spying on us. For all we know they could be mindless cavemen living on Pluto. A

About ghosts, I think it's just something to scare people. I don't beleive in all the stupid stuff about people hearing voices and that gibberish. It's just people that want attention.
jaam23
Hearing voices does not have to be"people being stupid or wanting attention" there is a long tradition of shamanic individuals being able to contact beings from other dimensions which could be viewed as "hearing voices" but this could also be the shamanic individual connecting with entities from other realities, eg: ghosts, or simply beings/entities from dimensions other than our own.

There are Quantum theories which propose that rather than a single "reality" that we seem to inhabit there are infact multiple realities, "Multiverses" or multiple universes. If this theory is correct then perhaps the inhabitents/entities from other universes are sometimes seen by individuals on our reality, or the individuals own specific reality at the moment, giving rise to the experience of seeing a ghots.

Then of course we have psychological discorders (as bad term in terms of labelling theory) perhaps non-ordinary states of psychological being, where the individual believes they can "hear voices". Is this schizophrenia/multiple personality disorder, also EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena), even possession, or a combination of any/all/some of these, or simply that the individual is more sensitive to different levels of reality?

We often hear people talk of their "inner voice" either in literature or in every day discourse. "I felt that my father/mother/bother/sister/friend/wide/husband was speaking to me" for example. Often in times of great stress, etc. Where is the line drawn for acceptable "voice hearing"? When it instructs someone to do something against another person?

Then of course we have the theories of Jung's Collective Unconscious and the Akashic records, theoretical respositories of the sum of human knowledge. Almost a "psychic internet" something where all knowledge is held stored. Do individuals voices reside here too for all eternity? A cosmic tape recorder (well I suppose CD/DVD/HD recorder in today terms ;o)
blazachicken
well my friends mum works in this old peoples home and sometimes they talk to someone thats not there and its always a little girl and a week later they die!
one day the same person went to get something but the door was locked the she walked away and the flew open!
last one wen my friends camera took a photo all by its self in the middle of the night and wen they woke up it had a ghost on the picture! Shocked