FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[help] making Solaris 10 DVD

cheeta
well i have downloaded the 5 part file of solaris 10... all of them were zip archive containing a file inside without any extension....

now the info file says..

Quote:
use a utility that understands the ZIP compression format to
unpack each file, use a utility that can verify a file's MD5 checksum to confirmeach file has been successfully downloaded, combine these files into a single file,

now i have extraced those each files... what software should i use to join them, as they dont have any extainsion so i dont have any clue... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Naif
If the files were split using a zip compression software like Winzip, those files should contain an extension like (assuming "abc" was given as the filename), abc.z01, abc.z02, abc.z03 and finally abc.zip. Opening the file abc.zip would join all the .z0x files.
cheeta
Naif wrote:
If the files were split using a zip compression software like Winzip, those files should contain an extension like (assuming "abc" was given as the filename), abc.z01, abc.z02, abc.z03 and finally abc.zip. Opening the file abc.zip would join all the .z0x files.

may b i wasnt able able to make u understand... all those part file contained single files... they r not slit part of a zip achive... rather those files in side of those zip archive r split files...

but those slipt files dont have any extension...