FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Site Template

jarred89
Hello, I am currently making a website at www.vidkidproductions.com and i am making the template in photoshop i was wondering after i have sliced it how do i make the site stretch to the whole screen so it will fit on everyones browsers. Thanks
raver
well jpegs/gif`s etc are of fixed sizes and you can`t just streched them out, especially because that would probably turn into some really bad layouts. Probably the best way is to have 3 versions for the most popular resolutions, 800 x 600, 1280x1024 and 1600 x 1200, and make a php script which determines the users resolution and points him to the proper page. For the other resolutions out there you can just point to the more apropriate resolution. But i don`t know, it might be an easier solution. Looking forward to find out to.
jarred89
do you know what the php code is to do it??
Kestrel
There's not really a special code. Just have the main page to where they could select from 3 or 4 different resolutions. This would require a lot of work, as you'd have to make seperate layouts for all of them and update each of them individually. Or another solution to your dilema would be to make one layout, center the whole thing in the page. Take a look at my layout, it will work for any resolution. Or should. I use 1024x768 as my resolution. But as far as I know there shouldn't be any problems viewing it at other resolutions. You can see my layout at http://darkgamers.frih.net/index.html
jarred89
Kestrel wrote:
There's not really a special code. Just have the main page to where they could select from 3 or 4 different resolutions. This would require a lot of work, as you'd have to make seperate layouts for all of them and update each of them individually. Or another solution to your dilema would be to make one layout, center the whole thing in the page. Take a look at my layout, it will work for any resolution. Or should. I use 1024x768 as my resolution. But as far as I know there shouldn't be any problems viewing it at other resolutions. You can see my layout at http://darkgamers.frih.net/index.html

ok cool ill do your idea but what do i set the canvas size to be in photoshop?
Kestrel
Whatever size you want really. I believe mine was 750x600 or something like that. Not entirely sure. But as I said, it's up to you. Once you get it all done you just have to splice it all apart then put it back together in HTML.