FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I have a problem Help?

RedStar
I uploaded an html into the public_html and now everytime I try to go to my website it says 404 error found...what should I do?
Kestrel
The only thing I could think of is that you're trying to access a file that's not there or the permission is wrong.
RedStar
Kestrel wrote:
The only thing I could think of is that you're trying to access a file that's not there or the permission is wrong.
Well I uploaded my Html file and then I accessed my site and it still said you need to upload in the public_html, so then I deleted the logo and the page was still there so then I deleted all the html files except mine and now it says error 404
Sunny
Did you upload index.html file? if not rename the file to index.html and it should work.

If it still doesn't works then post the url so we can check.
Kestrel
Okay, if it's still showing the default page, you need to upload your index.html file into your public_html file. Like mine would be darkgamers.frih.net/public_html/index.html but that's not what you type in when accessing the file. You just type in darkgamers.frih.net/index.html

If this doesn't work just post again with what you've done and what's happening. If you want you can give me your FTP information and I can check it out for you.
Bondings
The 404 is most likely because there is no index.html file or index.php file in that directory.