FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Installing Nuke

Kestrel
Okay, I'm completely new to the whole DirectAdmin, cPanel, phpMyAdmin, etc. How do I go about installing PHP Nuke?
thnn
are you using cpanel or directadmin?

also phpnuke isnt that great as it chews up bandwidth
Kestrel
I guess DirectAdmin. Didn't really have a choice. Smile

And the only reason I'm using Nuke is because it's easy to use once it's installed. I'd much rather use complete HTML, but it's too much work to edit.
dan751
thnn, what if it's post-nuke? He'd be on DirectAdmin, since he's a new user.Wink Which type of nuke are you referring to?
Kestrel
I'm really not sure. Just a Nuke Portal.
thnn
I like post-nuke. If you are on DirectAdmin you will need to download the script from the website and install it following their instructions.

I would recommend MD-Pro as a content management system. I have used it and quite liked it compared to Post-Nuke, PHP-Nuke and Mambo.
Once you make a choice on CMS system, you should be able to install it by following the instructions in the readme. If not post here and I can help you.
Kestrel
Okay, it seems Post Nuke would be the best choice. How do I install it? I read the basic gist of it, but I don't see an install.php file in the zip like it says in their install guide.

Geez, I feel like such a noob. Embarassed
thnn
Its being a while since i installed it. Just uploaded everything in the zip using FTP and then access your site. It should redirect you to the install page or give you instructions.
Bondings
You probably also need to make a mysql database with a user:

Quote:
From the main control panel menu click the "MySQL Databases" icon and then click the "Create new Database" link.

Choose a Database Name that helps you remember what the database is for. For example, enter "chat" if the database is intended to be used with a chat script. The database name is always preceded by your username and an underscore. If you chose "chat" for a name, the actual database name would be username_chat.

The Database Username is the login name for the database. It may be the same as the Database Name. In the above example, we chose a different login name (gary). As with the Database Name, the Database Username is also preceded by your username and an underscore (username_gary in this case).

After you have selected the database name and username, enter a database password and click the "Create" button.

You'll need to place the database name, password and username in a config file.

But all this should be explained in the documentation of phpnuke. (just not how exactly you need to create a mysql database, but it's really not hard with DA)