FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

BLUETOOTH

Mark999111
hey

I recently got a new phone (song ericsson k700i) with bluetooth. Ive set up the file manager software and i want to be able to download mp3s from my pc to my phone via bluetooth cause im cheap and dont want to have to buy the cable.

But when i search for new devices and computers it says nothinhg found. Is there a special bluetooth software peice i need to get or something? Anyone with knowledge on the subject help me out please!
Naif
You'll need a bluetooth dongle. Do you have one?
Mark999111
nope Sad

I looked on google and they're like £5, so screw that. I might buy a cable for like £3 but meh.. not really worth it
Naif
Yeah, its better you buy a cable instead of a dongle (considering the price)
toshlad
There is an easier way that means you don't have to buy a BT dongle or a cable!!

Here is what you need to do:

1, Get a hosting account here at Frihost.

2, Just create a basic webpage (call it MP3.htm) that has HTML links to your MP3 files.

3, Upload the page and the relevent MP3 files to your account.

4, create a link on your phone to your hosted page.

5, Once this page appears on your phone, you can then download the files on to your phone basically for free.

I have done this with my Motorola V300 and it works perfectly.

I hope this helps.
NuniPio
toshlad wrote:
There is an easier way that means you don't have to buy a BT dongle or a cable!!

Here is what you need to do:

1, Get a hosting account here at Frihost.

2, Just create a basic webpage (call it MP3.htm) that has HTML links to your MP3 files.

3, Upload the page and the relevent MP3 files to your account.

4, create a link on your phone to your hosted page.

5, Once this page appears on your phone, you can then download the files on to your phone basically for free.

I have done this with my Motorola V300 and it works perfectly.

I hope this helps.

wouldnt it cost to download the mp3s to your fone?
toshlad
In answer to your question, yes it does cost but only a very small amount.

It's also very handy if you only want to transfer one or two MP3s.

It's a solution that can be used before you buy a cable or Bluetooth dongle to see if your phone plays the MP3 correctly.

It also allows you to share your MP3 files with your friends and I'm sure they'd be so happy with the result that they might buy you a beer for the pleasure of doing this.

I hope this helps.[/quote]
silentpark
if you ask me... (im using bluetooht actually to connect to the internet (wireless^^)) its too slow.. well and the secure you have because ióf bluetooh is also reachable by w-lan and its much faster... so if you wan't to transfer large files it takes its time Sad
Mark999111
silentpark wrote:
if you ask me... (im using bluetooht actually to connect to the internet (wireless^^)) its too slow.. well and the secure you have because ióf bluetooh is also reachable by w-lan and its much faster... so if you wan't to transfer large files it takes its time Sad

Its just a little 5MB .mp3, shouldnt take that long
khairulsyahir
I got a Sony Ericsson phone, too. It has Bluetooth so I decided to make use of it. You know, 5 bucks is cheap, if compared to my country (possibly cause it's imported).

Then I got this freeware, Float's Mobile Agent, real cool. The software was originally designed for Sony Ericsson phones, so it features what feature SE phones got. One thing that's cool about this freeware is that apart from all the functions you'd expect from softwares like that, you can actually control your computer using your phone! That includes launching programs such as Winamp and Media Player, shut down and restart, turn monitor on/off, and even control your mouse!

Highly recommended. And I think 5 bucks' worth it, for fun, and convenience. Come on, it's just 5!
CatBox
It will be a good idea to buy the cable 'cause downloading using a phone will eventually cost you a lot more than the investment in the cable. Also it will also go faster with the cable.

Geesh, if you dont want buy, then borrow a cable or a bluetooth dongle from some one Wink.
abhinav_shah
A dongle is better and easy to use than the cable. It's also easy to carry around , if you use a laptop.
adlamb
Do the 100m dongles actually work over 100m? And the same question for the 10m ones? Is there any other difference between them generally? Also, wjen connecting to a mobile, I assume it is the handset that limits the range, not the dongle? What is the typical range of a new mobile?