FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bill Gates $$

minikiltman
Check This out! This is how much Bill Gates makes Per Second in Microsoft stock.
The day Microsoft went public, Bill's fortune was worth $233,982,000 or $233.98 Million.

In the time since March 13, 1986, Bill's Net Worth has increased by $28,172,749,819.68 (that's $28.17 Billion). Let's look at how much Bill has made for each of various periods of time... (Remember this is just in stocks!!!)

http://img160.imageshack.us/my.php?image=billgates2nv.png
-=Mkm
ruff_ryder
Yup, and because of this Microsoft will eventually drown in its own monopolistic gluttony. Only thing they really care about is the amount of cash pouring into their pockets. I mean come on, hundreds of dollars just for Windows? Confused
bananaphone
There comes a point where you just have waaaay to much money.

Lucky bastard.....
frozenhead
Well, That's we call "Multi-level Marketing"

bananaphone wrote:

Lucky bastard.....

Sure he is! Wink
psadornas
I say that he was not entirely lucky... He was wise.. A genius...

He was good to outpace Apple in promoting the Windows. He realized how important marketing was. It takes a genius to get an understanding of the environment and be able to harness the forces in it to carry you to the top.

As for the technology, I didn't think he's an absolute genius in it. The idea for the Windows was not entirely his. It was derived from the reasearches at Palo Alto. With the proper marketing and blackmailing (jk) skills. Things will arrage themselves to get the millions rolling.

And oh, going against the norms also pays off. During the time Windows appeared, nobody wanted to change the way DOS looked and functioned. If there was, he/she was ot courageous enough. And even if he/she was courageous enough, (here comes the luck part) Bill Gates came out first (in all essence of the word).
raver
Well if i remember correctly the first desktop enviroment was developed by Xerox, from witch it was taken by apple, finally to be "stolen" again by Microsoft. And so yeah, he has alot of money....the american way of thinking...what is he going to do with all of them? maybe buy a 3-rd world country? money was invented to be a way of getting stuff in life so you have a confortable existence...not to be the only purpose in life and forgetting things that are more more MORE important then money.

And about him beeing a genius...i don`t think he is a genius....he just took a shot when he was supposed to...and for that i do give him credit....
manumiglani
well he is a genius

everyone abuse him because everyone is jealous of him .

there is a guy who could work all night on computer on the diet of a pizza and a soft drink . His name is Bill Gates.

There is a guy who didn't sleap for three days before the launch of windows 95. yes, you guessed it right that is Bill Gates

There is a guy who told his parents to spend all the money on anything which they saved for his education.

there is a man who at 18 won 3 law cases against one of the world's most powerful comapnies of that time.

There is a man who donated more money than any other person in this whole world for charity. cant guessed it, thats Bill Gates

there is a man who gave every computer user what they wanted.

the whole credit of making computers user friendly goes to Bill Gates.

i can write a lot more about him, but i know you will still say something wrong. well if you think he is just any another person, then why can not u be like him, y you are not the richest guy on the planet.
lockwolf
Here is my theory:

Geek - Taunted throughout his carrer at school, creates something of great importance, becomes millionare

Popular Person - Loved by all, goes to college, gets a job working for the Geek and makes $15 an hour

I really think Bill Gates falls into the Geek Catagory.
leodv
I think of Bill Gates as a business man more than a Geek. He has the ability to convience IBM into getting the DOS from him, managed to get into Apple and convience them to show him MacOS, and eventually market his Windows GUI into the large public market, which was not the target of Apple's cup of tea.
justinrs32
I agree with many people in that Bill Gates is a genius. Windows wasn't entirely his idea, but he's the one making money off of it isn't he? Again with DOS, he's the one making the money. Even the mouse which was created by IBM, he made all of the money. Mac is a better OS than Windows by far. Yet Mac doesn't do as good as windows simply because Windows has become the standard today, because of Bill Gate's intelligence with good marketing.

I also agree that he has way too much money. He should donate 1 million $ to everyone in the world Very Happy.

That would be NICE.

-Justin
Ping
Lol remindes me of a screensaver winability made a while back...that showed his money clicking up on the screen.
whoa
justinrs32 wrote:
I agree with many people in that Bill Gates is a genius. Windows wasn't entirely his idea, but he's the one making money off of it isn't he? Again with DOS, he's the one making the money. Even the mouse which was created by IBM, he made all of the money. Mac is a better OS than Windows by far. Yet Mac doesn't do as good as windows simply because Windows has become the standard today, because of Bill Gate's intelligence with good marketing.

I also agree that he has way too much money. He should donate 1 million $ to everyone in the world Very Happy.

That would be NICE.

-Justin

Imagine if he did donate all his money to everyone in the world, Acually...

if he did that would be $4.37 each
SunburnedCactus
Anyone remember that whole code stealing thing? Hmm?
lyndonray
bill gates is the patron saint of all geeks out there. I don't know if it's funny, ironic, or just the way it should be, that some guy who probably got picked on at school simply because of his existence, probably spent prom night at home thinking about...hmmm... BASIC, and god knows what else, is the richest man in earth. It's not some good looking dude with a tan and Colgate smile, who makes women lavitate just by glancing at them. It's friggin Billy Gates!!
I think it gives us all hope!
90degreedesign
Well if u wanna be like him, just remember a quote he said once, "Good artists create, Great artists steal..."
careyd
I hate microsoft. But not bill gates. Maybe people don't realize that Steve Balmer runs microsoft, not bill. Bill just goes around giving speaches, writting books and is a figurehead for the company. Sure he provides guidence for the company, and his large chunk of stock doesn't hurt in the respect Smile

Bill for the most part is retired. He's just living of his fortune. I hate a lot of the business practices of microsoft, but bill has been rathor generous himself. Him and his wife have that charity organization they run, and they donate a lot of other money to other charities as well.

I was reading someplace about the insanely hugh house he just built. He fealt so bad for the traffic created by all the dump trucks, that he payed off every's mortgage in like a 20-50 mile radius around his house. So he does have a heart were as microsoft the corp tends to be a little brutal
tfarrell67
I hope everyone bitching about Billy's net worth is running some version of open source OS... no point in complaining and contributing at the same time.

T. Farrell
tfarrell67
It is true that Balmer mismanages the company but Bill is still the lead programmer...He's still calling the shots.
ocalhoun
Off topic

Another double post?
You had a triple post earlier.
Use the <edit> button.
Please...
rumbostotales
46.23 per seconddd Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
easydolphin
Hey That's it
But
Bill Is a goood person, the best business man and a grnius
And Yeah his donation is INDIA is a Proof
Isn't it true
He is too good
I like his attitude and way
easydolphin
I am sorry but i forgot to quote this as I wanted to
Cuz he also thinks almost CORRECT!! bout BILL
manumiglani wrote:
well he is a genius

everyone abuse him because everyone is jealous of him .

there is a guy who could work all night on computer on the diet of a pizza and a soft drink . His name is Bill Gates.

There is a guy who didn't sleap for three days before the launch of windows 95. yes, you guessed it right that is Bill Gates

There is a guy who told his parents to spend all the money on anything which they saved for his education.

there is a man who at 18 won 3 law cases against one of the world's most powerful comapnies of that time.

There is a man who donated more money than any other person in this whole world for charity. cant guessed it, thats Bill Gates

i can write a lot more about him, but i know you will still say something wrong. well if you think he is just any another person, then why can not u be like him, y you are not the richest guy on the planet.
ahmad`
idream to be a bill Confused Confused Smile
rwojick
About 1 year ago I went to the website Billgatesisdead.com on a tip.

This guy says that Bill Gates was assasinated in 1999 and there are articles in a newspaper to corraberate this, but it has been covered up.

Since I went to the site I have been watching for Bill at a Seattle Seahawks game or on the Letterman show or the Tonite show and he has not appeared.

I read where he spoke at a Spy convention in the newspaper but, naturally, you cannot get much good information there because THEY ARE ALL SPIES! Tee hee hee...

Also, they now have these computer sensers they can put on your face so that they can take someone, tape them, and then change the words and make the face "play along".

What would be proof for me at this point? I'd like to see him live, on TV and talking about computers.

When all is boiled down whatever we see on ANY screen is either fed to us by a "programmer" who is True, or a "hacker", who is false. And if it is part true then the American legal system says it is "entirely false"
rwojick
Is it possible, just possible, that Bill Gates is a fraud? I mean each time he makes things easier it takes longer to do and has more problems.

I say Gates is a hacker and it helps that half his market is women because for all their wonders they are very easily fooled. Hell, half of us would not be here if it were not for that fact that some women was easily fooled...

Ah, isn't love wonderful...
-TomJ-
manumiglani wrote:
<...>
<...>

He has never given me what I wanted. I was used to working with WordPerfect, but when Windows became popular, MS Word became popular because more people worked with it, not because they liked working with it. MS Word was by far inferior to WordPerfect.
manumiglani wrote:
<...>
<...>

The whole credit should go to Apple who have invented the concept of the graphical user interface. Some credit might go to Gate$ for genially stealing the idea and applying it to DOS-based computers. But did he do a good job with Windows 3.0?

And let's face it: the real addicts want to work on a Linux machine, because then the user is in command and makes the computer do what he wants.
I myself don't have the time and/or energy to reconfigure my machine, so I am stuck with my double glazing, and have to use the tools the system offers me to do what I want. And if I want something Windows can't do, it can't be done. Windows commands me. Crying or Very sad
.::idealist::.
I didn't like anytime and I won't like anytime himself and his company.

Because, I really hate his company's trade strategy. They want to wipe out all the other computer programmers. They want to rule all computer world with dud products.

I don't think he's a real genious because in my opinion real genious is who uses its mind for humanity. (For example, Albert Einstein is a real genius.)

Anyone who uses its mind for just making money and produces awful products for humans is not a genius.

I think that Microsoft must not make the people mess with their awful programming and web standarts. They don't allow to the people for sharing their exprience and professionality. They want to just prevent these beautiful things, exploit the people...

tfarrell67 wrote:
I hope everyone bitching about Billy's net worth is running some version of open source OS... no point in complaining and contributing at the same time.

T. Farrell

tfarrell67 wrote:
It is true that Balmer mismanages the company but Bill is still the lead programmer...He's still calling the shots.

He he I hope, too. Smile
classv4
Hmm..?
I don't believe.
izcool
90degreedesign wrote:
Well if u wanna be like him, just remember a quote he said once, "Good artists create, Great artists steal..."

That was said by Steve Jobs, Apple's father. Bill Gates heard the quote somehow and said it also. The quote goes "Good artists copy, great artists steal". Steve Jobs stole the GUI in their OS from Xerox, then Bill Gates stole it from Steve Jobs.

I just wait a couple of years to buy the Windows lol, I've bought Windows 3.0 (sealed copy), Windows 95 Upgrade, Windows 98SE Upgrade from the thrift store for about $5.00 apiece in the original boxes.

- Mike.