FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

TOP PC BUY

bluffmango
what hardware wud u recommed to make a PC outt of 350$ budget plz recommed the top buy in this limit
pjv
I don't know in your place, but in my place you can only get a Intel Celeron about 2.2GHz or AMD Sempron. I tried using the Celeron but not so good for heavy applications. Quiet slow especially if your running several applications at the same time.
Naif
350 USD? Does it include the cost of a monitor? If so, it will be nearly impossible for you to get a system in that price with good components. A celeron/duron processor is designed for low range systems.

What type of applications do you plan on using? A good AMD processor itself will cost you around 200 USD give or take and a mobo somewhere around 100 to 125 USD. You'll need atleast 650 USD to get a decent PC. 650 USD includes the price of a monitor.
Donutey
if your not gaming at 1280x728 you can get a pretty decent pc for $350

$50(ish) for a refurb socket 939 OR socket 754 motherboard with integrated graphics/sound/lan
$50(ish) for 80GB-120GB HDD (SATA or PATA)
$30(ish) for 512MB RAM (DDR3200)
$50(ish) for a case with power supply (or use existing case and buy new PSU)
$120(ish) for a low end A64 (socket 939) OR $ as low as $60 for a socket 754 semron
$40 for a DVD Burner
$0 for Ubuntu Linux w/ Openoffice GAIM etc...

TOTAL= $340 USD
or with Sempron CPU $280 USD

if you need to also buy a monitor and mouse, well you've got $70 to play with if you choose the el cheapo sempron CPU. OR if you don't you can get a copy of Micro$oft Windows.
TheNEC
The only PC that I can think of that you could get, if you were looking for the whole kit and kaboodle would have to be the dell desktop. It is made for students and such, not for hardgore gamers or graphic designers. If you are in a hurry for a PC, I would say to buy a chap computer, and rebuild it from the ground up for parts bought separately. If you're not in a hurry, save up a few....hundred dollars to get you a computer that wont be obsolete by the time you get it shipped by the time you actually plug it in.
ocalhoun
Buying a cheap computer and then upgrading is a terrible way to do it.
If you get a cheap computer it will have chap components.
Some of these will not be easy to replace, like the chipset.
Also, very cheap computers tend to not be very expandable.
I always stay exaclty 1yr behind the latest technology, that way everything is very cheap.
izcool
I know a lot of people who buy computers from manufacturers, strip the good components out of them, buy separate cases and motherboards, and use those instead of the one provided by the computer manufacturer. It's a cheaper way of building your own "Custom" PC, but it's slashing away the definition of a genuine "Custom" computer lol.

- Mike.